Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Time Teams
Why do they receive so much publicity New York Jets Philly Dallas and they come out and they just suck?  Is it cause of the population? Other teams included, but these really come to mind when I think they are talked about so much on espn, radio etc...  Dallas...  "don't get me wrong" I like Dallas...  but seems some teams receive so much attention while they are not that good. 
Reply/Quote
Sirius NFL is the same way. They should call it NFC East/Jets/Rodgers/Manning radio. The same teams/topics over and over again.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They think we care about the NFC East only .slightly less than they think we care about Yankees Red Sox.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike&Mike spent the better part of the morning talking about what's wrong with the 0-2 team that's been in the playoffs I think once in the last 3 or 4 years. (The Eagles)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
IMO, 2 of the best 4 teams in the NFL get no publicity. Bengals and Cardinals (Packers and Patriots the other 2).
Reply/Quote
It's all about market size and popularity.  Do you know how many people live in the tri state (NY/ NJ/ Conn), Philly, and DC area?  Neither do I, but it's a bunch.  Dallas is America's team after all too.  Mix in a little Broncos, Pats, Seahawks, Packers, and whatever Rex Ryan's doing, and there's not much time for the rest of the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: IMO, 2 of the best 4 teams in the NFL get no publicity.  Bengals and Cardinals (Packers and Patriots the other 2).

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Bengals vs Cards Super Bowl. Two really deep teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They think we care about the NFC East only .slightly less than they think we care about Yankees Red Sox.

I get covered up in Giants talk. Too many transplants from NY. I don't mind the Phins talk, they are local.
Reply/Quote
For having 3 teams in the state, Florida NFL football seems to be pretty depressing.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Why do they receive so much publicity New York Jets Philly Dallas and they come out and they just suck?  Is it cause of the population? Other teams included, but these really come to mind when I think they are talked about so much on espn, radio etc...  Dallas...  "don't get me wrong" I like Dallas...  but seems some teams receive so much attention while they are not that good. 

Largest Populated Markets = Most Fans = More Ratings

how many games till they run chip kellie out of town?

was watching NFL networks gameday and they started talking about dalton..
5-0 (td-INT)
2-0 records
120 passer rating thru 2 games..

then they were like hey man be careful us media types arent allowed to say anything nice about dalton.. we can only talk about him when he messes up or in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Why do they receive so much publicity New York Jets Philly Dallas and they come out and they just suck?  Is it cause of the population? Other teams included, but these really come to mind when I think they are talked about so much on espn, radio etc...  Dallas...  "don't get me wrong" I like Dallas...  but seems some teams receive so much attention while they are not that good. 

$$$$$$
Reply/Quote