Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Whit talks Bengals/Burrow with Cowherd

Reply/Quote
The main stream sports media can suck it. Bengals are going to show something in a couple years.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whit knows his stuff, miss the guy here. Actually was a good interview which is rare for Cowturd when talking about the
Bengals. He actually admitted to us going out in FA and spending to put a good team around Burrow. Whit's diagnosis of
Burrow is spot on as with Tua.
Reply/Quote
Big Whit, classy as always. Tells it like it is, yet doesn't get judgemental or rattled when potentially sensitive questions are asked. Just gives his honest opinion. He's got a good speaking voice, along with a really nice on air demeanor. I could see a future in broadcasting for him, if he wanted it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I miss him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If his relationship with Zac is good and Zac is here for another 10 years (which he may), I would be over the moon to get him here as assistant OL coach or, if he decides to retire or something happens, replace Turner as full-on OL coach, which could open him up to OC and potential HC positions.

If he wishes to pursue it; he's a big family guy so maybe he'd prefer to stay at home...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 06:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If his relationship with Zac is good and Zac is here for another 10 years (which he may), I would be over the moon to get him here as assistant OL coach or, if he decides to retire or something happens, replace Turner as full-on OL coach, which could open him up to OC and potential HC positions.

If he wishes to pursue it; he's a big family guy so maybe he'd prefer to stay at home...

Damn you beat me to it. Would love to see Whit back in Cincinnati as an OL coach. Plus, as discussed in the interview, he knows a good lineman when he sees one.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I miss him.

Since the moment he left.  One of my favorite all time Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 06:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If his relationship with Zac is good and Zac is here for another 10 years (which he may), I would be over the moon to get him here as assistant OL coach or, if he decides to retire or something happens, replace Turner as full-on OL coach, which could open him up to OC and potential HC positions.

My only concern with Whit as a coach would be sometimes players that were THAT good don’t make the best coaches. Idk if it’s because it came so easy to them, and it’s hard to teach players that are drastically worse, or what it is, but it seems to be the case some of the time. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a shot if he was interested though. I’d love to have him back in the organization in any capacity.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My only concern with Whit as a coach would be sometimes players that were THAT good don’t make the best coaches. Idk if it’s because it came so easy to them, and it’s hard to teach players that are drastically worse, or what it is, but it seems to be the case some of the time. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a shot if he was interested though. I’d love to have him back in the organization in any capacity.

Agreed.  Great players don't always make good coaches and vice versa 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My only concern with Whit as a coach would be sometimes players that were THAT good don’t make the best coaches. Idk if it’s because it came so easy to them, and it’s hard to teach players that are drastically worse, or what it is, but it seems to be the case some of the time. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a shot if he was interested though. I’d love to have him back in the organization in any capacity.

Also agreed.

Willie has turned out to be quite good, though moreso with younger guys and maybe isn't up to the level of NFL.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:00 PM)motoarch Wrote: Agreed.  Great players don't always make good coaches and vice versa 

I think Whit'd be fine as a coach. I think the greats that don't make good coaches tend to be the ones that are just supernaturally gifted physically and dominated due to just overpowering physical gifts. While I'm not saying Whit wasn't an imposing physical specimen, he absolutely was, he excelled due to technique and having a high football IQ. Those aspects can translate to coaching and are things that can be taught. Overpowering by just pure physical dominance...not so much.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember Whitworth ever getting much national attention when he was here. He certainly wasn't getting interviews on those shows. I remember the guys on Dan Lebatard's show musing over how ***** big and powerful he is the year before last during the playoffs... Like he hadn't been around since 06.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: I don't remember Whitworth ever getting much national attention when he was here. He certainly wasn't getting interviews on those shows. I remember the guys on Dan Lebatard's show musing over how ***** big and powerful he is the year before last during the playoffs... Like he hadn't been around since 06.

It's possible that players of note who were here and then went elsewhere get asked these questions because our front office is not very talkative or transparent.
Reply/Quote

And those of us who follow the Bengals know Whitworth has said he has no interest in coaching...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible that players of note who were here and then went elsewhere get asked these questions because our front office is not very talkative or transparent.

Probably due to the Pickens Clause on currently signed players. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: I don't remember Whitworth ever getting much national attention when he was here. He certainly wasn't getting interviews on those shows. I remember the guys on Dan Lebatard's show musing over how ***** big and powerful he is the year before last during the playoffs... Like he hadn't been around since 06.

They just interview him now hoping he will take a shot at the Bengals. He has been gone an NFL lifetime, whole new regime here. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 12:35 AM)Mobster Wrote: And those of us who follow the Bengals know Whitworth has said he has no interest in coaching...

I follow the Bengals pretty closely and I did not know this.

Got a link or source?
Reply/Quote
The front office has earned the skepticism. That being said, this off season, so far, has been the best I can remember. The talking heads don't bother me as long as we keep swinging away. No guarantee all of this will pan out but at least they are putting their best foot forward.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is a bozo, but he somehow produced a smoking hot daughter.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote