Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald...
[Image: 8fef2edb-386f-47b3-b064-31fa92d01174_text.gif]

Seriously, why is no one making a bigger deal out of this? Dude was using helmets as a straight up weapon.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Because it happened at a practice and not in a game. I believe they can fine the team for not controlling their players during practice, but not suspend the player. (at least that's what I read)
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 12:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because it happened at a practice and not in a game. I believe they can fine the team for not controlling their players during practice, but not suspend the player. (at least that's what I read)

Still, should of been made a bigger deal out of cause the OP is right. That is assault.

This will lead to more of this behavior in practices cause no one made a big deal out of it cause it is practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 12:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because it happened at a practice and not in a game. I believe they can fine the team for not controlling their players during practice, but not suspend the player. (at least that's what I read)

Yea, I get why the league can't fine him (and understandably) but like Nate said...

(08-28-2022, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still, should of been made a bigger deal out of cause the OP is right. That is assault.

This will lead to more of this behavior in practices cause no one made a big deal out of it cause it is practice.

This is really my point. It came off as a joke and meme fodder, but this is really ****** up. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I understand the NFL saying teams are responsible for discipline in their own practices.. but as soon as you put 2 teams together in mixed practices, they should be able to weigh in.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 10:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 8fef2edb-386f-47b3-b064-31fa92d01174_text.gif]

Seriously, why is no one making a bigger deal out of this? Dude was using helmets as a straight up weapon.

I remember seeing a video I think late last season ? Donald had been in a mix up and they were saying what a dirty player he is and gets away with it. I didn't really believe it but I watch very little NFC football. After watching the video I was like WOW ! How is the dude not the #1 target for refs many other players have been ?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still, should of been made a bigger deal out of cause the OP is right. That is assault.

Oh, I don't disagree at all. He should be suspended multiple games.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 07:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, I get why the league can't fine him (and understandably) but like Nate said...

This is really my point. It came off as a joke and meme fodder, but this is really ****** up. 

Truth. When watching the live vid it was a bit shocking honestly. That stuff needs to be shut down.

La'el Collins taking off Leonard Floyd's helmet and throwing it is not near as bad as using helmets as weapons...

(08-28-2022, 08:07 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I understand the NFL saying teams are responsible for discipline in their own practices.. but as soon as you put 2 teams together in mixed practices, they should be able to weigh in.

There should be a rule that the NFL can weigh in in joint practices after this. It was way out of hand...

(08-28-2022, 08:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember seeing a video I think late last season ? Donald had been in a mix up and they were saying what a dirty player he is and gets away with it. I didn't really believe it but I watch very little NFC football. After watching the video I was like WOW ! How is the dude not the #1 target for refs many other players have been ?

True, I didn't believe he was a dirty player either until I saw this. I lost a lot of respect for the guy.

I know he don't give a shit but still.

(08-29-2022, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, I don't disagree at all. He should be suspended multiple games.

For sure. At least a game, but they need to make a rule before this can be enforced in the future.

This should be the example for the rule when joint practices get out of hand.
Reply/Quote