• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big game Joe Burrow amazing stat
Against teams that are at least 3 games over .500

This goes back to his LSU days.

21-3
58 TDs
7 Ints

13-3 since entering the NFL
One of those losses was against an 8-0 Steelers team his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Against teams that are at least 3 games over .500

21-3
58 TDs
7 Ints

Joe fantastic he is Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Somebody recently argued the point that they didn't think Joe Burrow is all that 'clutch'. Stats like these are exactly why I disagree. Joe is generally there and balling hard, when we need him to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 08:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Somebody recently argued the point that they didn't think Joe Burrow is all that 'clutch'. Stats like these are exactly why I disagree. Joe is generally there and balling hard, when we need him to be.

He's as clutch as it gets
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Against teams that are at least 3 games over .500

21-3
58 TDs
7 Ints

Wild, thanks for these stats. This is why I see us winning at least 1 Super Bowl with Joe Burrow.

He plays his best against the best in the biggest moments.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 08:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Somebody recently argued the point that they didn't think Joe Burrow is all that 'clutch'. 

I think it was revealed that guy was a troll and was subsequently banned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild, thanks for these stats. This is why I see us winning at least 1 Super Bowl with Joe Burrow.

He plays his best against the best in the biggest moments.

If Joe Burrow wins a Super Bowl, you can bet your ass that Burrow and whatever HC is there at the time will get statues erected outside the stadium.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Some of the receipts from earlier in the season are going to be priceless. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 06:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Joe Burrow wins a Super Bowl, you can bet your ass that Burrow and whatever HC is there at the time will get statues erected outside the stadium.

For sure.

(10-30-2023, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Some of the receipts from earlier in the season are going to be priceless. LOL

That is insane. He is always thinking about what he is doing, where the rush is coming from, where he is putting the ball, where the OL
is blocking, where his WR's are, where a hole might be in the Defense etc.

So much going on with this play by Burrow no question. Epic play.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think it was revealed that guy was a troll and was subsequently banned.

Seems plausible. I certainly was a bit confused through most of the conversation. Apparently giving Justin Herbert any credit was illegal, but there we go. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure.

That is insane. He is always thinking about what he is doing, where the rush is coming from, where he is putting the ball, where the OL
is blocking, where his WR's are, where a hole might be in the Defense etc.

So much going on with this play by Burrow no question. Epic play.

Cappa pretty much killed Bosa on that play..... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ what a stat
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Against teams that are at least 3 games over .500

21-3
58 TDs
7 Ints

That is an insane stat. We went from Andy not being able to win in the big games like prime time and playoffs to a QB that’s got the killer instinct I wish Dalton had. But he has his worst games against Cleveland. It’s maddening.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 06:55 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That is an insane stat. We went from Andy not being able to win in the big games like prime time and playoffs to a QB that’s got the killer instinct I wish Dalton had. But he has his worst games against Cleveland. It’s maddening.

In a way it's part of the beauty of the game. There are still different viable ways to have success, which aren't just 'QB throws 100 TDs'. Miami for all their offensive firepower... I'd still be quite surprised if they are that big a postseason threat. 

Obviously I don't think it's particularly 'beautiful' when Cleveland gives us their annual beatdown. Would be nice to solve that problem!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 08:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Somebody recently argued the point that they didn't think Joe Burrow is all that 'clutch'. Stats like these are exactly why I disagree. Joe is generally there and balling hard, when we need him to be.

I’m sorry, love Burrow but that’s laughable to say. He’s really good but he’s not shown us that he’s all that clutch yet. He has zero touchdown passes in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. And he’s had the ball in his hands in the final 3 minutes of the final game the past two seasons and he didn’t even get us into field goal range either time. This is also usually the case in the regular season. If our offense marches on the field on our side of the 50 in the final 3 minutes of a game where we’re down Burrow has yet to show us he can take over, the way the clutch quarterbacks do.

The di** riding is over the top with Burrow. He’s really good, the best we’ve ever had, but saying he’s as clutch as it gets is a huge stretch. He’s good in big games, but in those tense final moments when the very best can will their team to a score, Burrow has not shown he’s capable. I hope like hell that changes this year though. But stop pretending he’s Tom Brady when he’s not please.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:52 AM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: I’m sorry, love Burrow but that’s laughable to say. He’s really good but he’s not shown us that he’s all that clutch yet. He has zero touchdown passes in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. And he’s had the ball in his hands in the final 3 minutes of the final game the past two seasons and he didn’t even get us into field goal range either time. This is also usually the case in the regular season. If our offense marches on the field on our side of the 50 in the final 3 minutes of a game where we’re down Burrow has yet to show us he can take over, the way the clutch quarterbacks do.

The di** riding is over the top with Burrow. He’s really good, the best we’ve ever had, but saying he’s as clutch as it gets is a huge stretch. He’s good in big games, but in those tense final moments when the very best can will their team to a score, Burrow has not shown he’s capable. I hope like hell that changes this year though. But stop pretending he’s Tom Brady when he’s not please.

I've never said either of these things. I've always said he generally balls hard when we need him to, my post simply said I disagreed with a guy who said Burrow 'isn't very clutch'. Doesn't mean I think he's the most clutch QB who's ever lived.

I certainly agree he wasn't very clutch in the Super Bowl. Didn't throw the game away, but the offence blew that game and had ample opportunity to get it done. Generally we've needed the defence to see us through in the playoffs.

I don't limit 'being clutch' to the last 3 minutes of the game myself though. The 4th down play to Chase in the AFCCG was HUGE at that point.. no conversion there and we probably lose that game way earlier than we did. Huge clutch play from both players, in a losing effort. 

Long story short, it's not a 100% clutch or 0% clutch argument. He could definitely be better in the 4th quarter of playoff games, but generally speaking if we need Burrow to turn up, he does. He is FAR more clutch than this franchise historically has been. Big game Bengals are traditionally a Bengals getting blownout.... Burrow tends to play well against good teams, and under the primetime lights. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Some of the receipts from earlier in the season are going to be priceless. LOL

He doesn't get rattled, nothing phases him. Always processing and looking for a play no matter what. I watched the JT O'sullivan review last night. And he said he honestly think what separates Joe is he's a "football player" first and a QB second. And I think JT is onto something.
Reply/Quote