Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big hole in my memory
A sound not often heard in music today is that of the Hammond organ. What was once a prevalent sound is now mostly heard in old recordings of years past.. Heck, for that matter I often wonder if there will even be employed drummers in music since most is now just recorded "beats" made by people with computers and other "beat" gizmos.. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the most prevalent sound today is some teenage girl singing, "Ooooo baby, oooo baby...blah, blah, blah.." OK, they don't actually vocalize the blah, blah, blah part... Good to know, huh?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: A sound not often heard in music today is that of the Hammond organ. What was once a prevalent sound is now mostly heard in old recordings of years past.. Heck, for that matter I often wonder if there will even be employed drummers in music since most is now just recorded "beats" made by people with computers and other "beat" gizmos.. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the most prevalent sound today is some teenage girl singing, "Ooooo baby, oooo baby...blah, blah, blah.." OK, they don't actually vocalize the blah, blah, blah part... Good to know, huh?  

Truth.  And the main criteria to be a singer now is how well someone looks and dances rather than how they sing. They run the voice through some electronic gadget anyway to clean it up.

(sigh)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: True. And also, memories change over time. 

Maybe I shouldn't add this ti the thread because you will all assume I am getting dementia, but I find it interesting.

I attended UT-Chattanooga from 1982-1986.  During that time they had a great basketball program.  They produced multiple NBA players, won an NCAA tournament game, and were ranked as high as #15.

In 1982 the played UNC at home.  The next year I went to Chapel Hill to watch them play the Tarheels.  These were the UNC teams with Jordan, Perkins, and Daugherty.  The trip to Chapel hill was a blast and I always remember how tight the game was until the end.  But 25 years later when I looked up the results it turns out that the close game (66-73 loss) was the home game in '82.  We lost the game in '83 in Chapel Hill by 22 points.
Reply/Quote