Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big picture on BUrrow throwing picks.
First of all I am not going to blame all of Joe's bad plays or interceptions on play calling or coaching. If you watch the games you see that he makes some bad throws sometimes.

I am a huge fan of Burrow. I am very happy to have him as our QB of the future, but I have taken a lot of heat for pointing out that he held onto the ball too long last year and only finished 24th in passer rating.

But whenever I said anything negative about his play last year I was also very quick to compliment him on the one thing he did VERY WELL for a rookie QB playing behind a bad O-line. Last year he had the third lowest interception percentage (1.2%) in the league behind only Rodgers and Mahommes. I have seen lots of rookie QBs put up big TD and yardage numbers but almost ALL of them struggle with throwing interceptions their first year in the league.

So I am not going to panic about Burrow making a few bad throws in the first two games. I am not going to deflect the blame away from Joe, but I am also not going to overreact and believe he will become a turnover machine.

No matter what the coaches do it is still possible for players to make mistakes and have a bad games. So it is important to look at the big picture instead of obsessing over one bad performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I am not going to blame all of Joe's bad plays or interceptions on play calling or coaching.  If you watch the games you see that he makes some bad throws sometimes.

I am a huge fan of Burrow.  I am very happy to have him as our QB of the future, but I have taken a lot of heat for pointing out that he held onto the ball too long last year and only finished 24th in passer rating.

But whenever I said anything negative about his play last year I was also very quick to compliment him on the one thing he did VERY WELL for a rookie QB playing behind a bad O-line.  Last year he had the third lowest interception percentage (1.2%) in the league behind only Rodgers and Mahommes.  I have seen lots of rookie QBs put up big TD and yardage numbers but almost ALL of them struggle with throwing interceptions their first year in the league.

So I am not going to panic about Burrow making a few bad throws in the first two games.  I am not going to deflect the blame away from Joe, but I am also not going to overreact and believe he will become a turnover machine.

No matter what the coaches do it is still possible for players to make mistakes and have a bad games.  So it is important to look at the big picture instead of obsessing over one bad performance.

Right, I believe is was 199 passes prior to that without an interception.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, I believe is was 199 passes prior to that without an interception.

First multi-INT game of his career so far. He’s usually very good at making the right reads, and putting the ball where only his guys can get it.

The first two against the Bears were terrible, and very un-Burrow like. The 3rd one was just as much on Mixon though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First multi-INT game of his career so far. He’s usually very good at making the right reads, and putting the ball where only his guys can get it.

The first two against the Bears were terrible, and very un-Burrow like. The 3rd one was just as much on Mixon though.

1st one was a bad read. 2nd one was staring down WR and Bears not being afraid of deep ball so sitting on route. Third one was poor blocking by Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I am not going to blame all of Joe's bad plays or interceptions on play calling or coaching.  If you watch the games you see that he makes some bad throws sometimes.

I am a huge fan of Burrow.  I am very happy to have him as our QB of the future, but I have taken a lot of heat for pointing out that he held onto the ball too long last year and only finished 24th in passer rating.

But whenever I said anything negative about his play last year I was also very quick to compliment him on the one thing he did VERY WELL for a rookie QB playing behind a bad O-line.  Last year he had the third lowest interception percentage (1.2%) in the league behind only Rodgers and Mahommes.  I have seen lots of rookie QBs put up big TD and yardage numbers but almost ALL of them struggle with throwing interceptions their first year in the league.

So I am not going to panic about Burrow making a few bad throws in the first two games.  I am not going to deflect the blame away from Joe, but I am also not going to overreact and believe he will become a turnover machine.

No matter what the coaches do it is still possible for players to make mistakes and have a bad games.  So it is important to look at the big picture instead of obsessing over one bad performance.

So, wait, we can't call Burrow a bust then? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote