Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big plays needed from all 3 phases to beat the Saints
this is game where the Bengals need big plays
from all 3 phases. Especially the special teams.
maybe by a miracle of God Erickson can take a KO to the other end zone or a punt.
I dont know why Darius Phillips isnt getting a chance to return punts?
defensively its time one our CBs gets a INT as WJ Dre have ZERO so far which is inexecusable in a league predicated by passing.
we need complimentry football to beat the Saints
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: this is game where the Bengals need big plays
maybe by a miracle of God Erickson can take a KO to the other end zone or a punt.
defensively its time one our CBs gets a INT as WJ Dre have ZERO so far which is inexecusable in a league predicated by passing.

I agree, need our ST's to show up and play well. On Defense we need to stop the run but when Brees checks it down
to Kamara we need to tackle well cause Kamara can take it the distance if you don't. I think our Offense matches up
very well with the Saints, especially Mixon, need to use him in the passing game much more in this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, need our ST's to show up and play well. On Defense we need to stop the run but when Brees checks it down
to Kamara we need to tackle well cause Kamara can take it the distance if you don't. I think our Offense matches up
very well with the Saints, especially Mixon, need to use him in the passing game much more in this game.

Their RB's are what worry me the most.  I believe we can stop one WR well enough.  But a RB who breaks tackles and another who can take a three yard check down to the house, those are two things that give us immense trouble.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: Their RB's are what worry me the most.  I believe we can stop one WR well enough.  But a RB who breaks tackles and another who can take a three yard check down to the house, those are two things that give us immense trouble.

Sure hope the LB's have been correcting what they have been doing in the first half of the season.

Wrap up or you are done. Need to have been showing them tape of that Chiefs game over and over so they never
want to get embarrassed like that again. The Saints can do the same to you if you don't wrap up and tackle well.

Michael Thomas is one hell of a WR too, probably the most underrated Wideout in the game.

As far as we have seen from both teams the Offenses both match up well against the Defenses, should be high
scoring. Like the Falcons game. Hope we come out on top like that one.
Reply/Quote
We also need to score more sports ball goals than the other team.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: this is game where the Bengals need big plays

I'm confused by this too.  Doesn't he have the NCAA record for return TD's?  And I believe his return ability was a big part of why they drafted him in the first place.  Yet, he hasn't been given a single return.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: We also need to score more sports ball goals than the other team.

Sports ball goals lol
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:08 PM)McC Wrote: I'm confused by this too.  Doesn't he have the NCAA record for return TD's?  And I believe his return ability was a big part of why they drafted him in the first place.  Yet, he hasn't been given a single return.

I think Phillips has the record for most TD's by a Defensive player, he had fumble and interception returns too like crazy.

It is a good question would like to see him back there on Punts. Maybe he has been muffing them in practice?
Reply/Quote

(11-10-2018, 04:08 PM)McC Wrote:
I'm confused by this too.  Doesn't he have the NCAA record for return TD's?  And I believe his return ability was a big part of why they drafted him in the first place.  Yet, he hasn't been given a single return.

With Green sidelined, I expect Erickson to get a major role on offense this game.  As such, I would not be surprised to see Phillips get the lion's share of the return chances this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

I dont think it will make a difference. Our defense has been horrendous and without green our offense will probably be stagnant
Reply/Quote
I dont believe erickson can bring back any for a td i mean theyd have to be really bad on special teams. I say let phillips and ross return,i have no idea why they arent when they were great returners.
Reply/Quote
Hate to be negative but there is no way the Bengals when this game .No Way. If I were Drew Brees I would just target Dre K all day. Just trying to be realistic
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 08:35 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont believe erickson can bring back any for a td i mean theyd have to be really bad on special teams. I say let phillips and ross return,i have no idea why they arent when they were great returners.

You really hate Erickson don't you?

He hasn't been a bad Returner for us. Don't know the reason for the Erickson hate?

Last year he made some bad mistakes but he was one of the best Kick Returners in the league his rookie year
and last season the blocking was terrible for him. I agree Phillips needs to get some shots on Punt returns.

(11-10-2018, 10:34 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Hate to be negative but there is no way the Bengals when this game .No Way. If I were Drew Brees I would just target Dre K all day. Just trying to be realistic

I agree, no way the Bengals when this game, when is it?

Seriously, any given Sunday and we have a good Offense against a bad pass Defense, we can WIN.

The LB's need to learn how to tackle though or we are toast.
Reply/Quote