Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big signing
Just so you guys know it’s a 3 year contract

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just think for a min. In a passing league where is everyone is throwing the rock almost on every play where cornerbacks are so valuable n needed he went a whole year without being picked up by an NFL. Ugh. N we signed him.
Reply/Quote
i know nothing of the guy but judging by rational reactions, I’m not real stoked.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news is he didn't have to be a bum with us for a year to get his extension.

And people though this was a depth signing. This is Dennard's replacement.

This team is toast. One of the worse in the league. And it's clear to anyone paying any attention.

Marvin 2021. Our only hope is maybe he'll return.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fan confidence & morale since our new regime change...

[Image: th?id=OIP.00Q-AKhHnxG5CUzmBTgN7QAAAA&pid...=177&h=160]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are not signing scrubs at low rent contracts.  We just paid Bobby Hart over $7 million dollars in 2019.

Not a single move we have made looks like rebuilding.  We have not jettisoned a single older player under contract or traded anyone for more draft picks.

What is that compared to other starting free agent tackles in the league?  They overpaid a scrub.   We have been signing low rent scrubs instead of competing to be competitive.   This is obvious.    
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 08:07 PM)yang Wrote: What is that compared to other starting free agent tackles in the league?  They overpaid a scrub.   We have been signing low rent scrubs instead of competing to be competitive.   This is obvious.    

These guys aren't bottom of the barrel.

They're more like the scum ring once the barrel's emptied.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:23 PM)pally Wrote: Played last year for Sweet Lou

I move to change his name to New Dey Lou
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bobby Hart never made more than $1 million a year before.

Last year at this time everyone was calling him a "depth" signing.

True, but Hart beat out Ogbuehi and Fisher, not that that was terribly difficult. I know that we were all certain the team would pick up a RT in the draft last year and they didn't, at least not one who might compete for the starting job.

I don't see Webb beating out Dennard if they are both on the team.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Another bargain basement signing that fails to move the needle. Webb has been below average at every stop, and this makes stop #7. Nickel dime signings like this chip away at chunks of cap space that could actually be used to sign decent players. For that matter, why not take a flier on Verrett rather than blow cap space on a zero upside, replacement level talent. Webb just hit the lottery.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are not signing scrubs at low rent contracts.  We just paid Bobby Hart over $7 million dollars in 2019.

Not a single move we have made looks like rebuilding.  We have not jettisoned a single older player under contract or traded anyone for more draft picks.

No, we’re signing scrubs to contracts above their commensurate abilities. No matter how you slice it, the FA haul so far leaves much to be desired. Very little upside, and two blatant overpays that will be widely panned (Webb and Hart). None of these guys move the needle in a positive way.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:24 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Another bargain basement signing that fails to move the needle.  Webb has been below average at every stop, and this makes stop #7.  Nickel dime signings like this chip away at chunks of cap space that could actually be used to sign decent players.  For that matter, why not take a flier on Verrett rather than blow cap space on a zero upside, replacement level talent.  Webb just hit the lottery.

The best ability is availability. Most likely the same reason we signed Uzo before taking a flier on Eifert. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote:

Everybody ignored this, didn't see anyone even reply to you. 

What I get from this is and what everyone has said is that Webb is better than Dennard in covering guys in the slot while Dennard is better at tackling and the run game. Call me crazy but Id rather have an athlete and cover guy playing CB, just me.

Look I am as negative as anyone since that Bobby Hart signing and I think the ownership is still gonna hold this team back, but this seems like a solid move depending on the money they gave him.

As I said give me the guy that can cover rather than the guy who can tackle and defend the run that won't accept 8.5 million per year because he wants to be an outside CB according to a report from earlier today.
Reply/Quote
Meh. I'll take him over Dennard, based on the PFF stats posted. Plus the word is that Dennard wants to play outside and get "paid".

So I like this move. We're still having a pretty crappy off-season though, and this guy isn't going to move the needle much. He's simply an ok replacement for an ok player on a bad team. We may as well be running on a treadmill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: This guy is garbage, typical Bengals signing

This post is garbage. Typical Trademark whining.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This post is garbage. Typical Trademark whining.

Why get so offended? Hes talking about the Bengals not you in any way. Some of you get carried away with this message board. When we talk smack about certain players some of you come back with insults as if we were talking about your mother. All 3 signing are getting hammered by unbiased fans or tv personality . Anyways if we sign Ogbuehi or Michael Johnson again that will guarantee I won’t be getting the Sunday ticket this year.
Reply/Quote
Dre and Webb will now have a swell time talking about each other's dreads.
Reply/Quote
I guess you can say good-bye to Dennard.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:03 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Dre and Webb will now have a swell time talking about each other's dreads.

Sure. I mean, B.W. stands for Big-Wig.

I'll see myself out.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I'll take him over Dennard, based on the PFF stats posted. Plus the word is that Dennard wants to play outside and get "paid".

So I like this move. We're still having a pretty crappy off-season though, and this guy isn't going to move the needle much. He's simply an ok replacement for an ok player on a bad team. We may as well be running on a treadmill.

This. And someone will pay him.
Reply/Quote