Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big signing
(03-15-2019, 11:03 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah . .  wj3 should be prioritized. I liked dennard in college but he has been inconsistent so far unfortunately.  I dont think he is as bad as some but i like wj3 a lot better!

Yeah I honesty think Jackson has the potential to be one of the top corners in the league if used correctly, Austin’s scheme last season was a joke. Aslo looking back at the draft going BPA with Jackson paid off. We needed a WR that year and guys like Doctson and Treadwell who I wanted went before Jackson have been bums so far. We just missed out on Michael Thomas in the second round but Boyd wasn’t a bad pickup at all.
Reply/Quote
I didn't see it listed in here anywhere, so I figured I'd post it...

BW Webb's deal is 3 years worth up to $13 mill. We need to see more details, but that's an average of $4.33 mill per year with the incentives added in. About half of what Dennard was looking/hoping for, IIRC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's not too bad.  If he can get ONE interception this year, he'll already outproduce Dennard.  Hell, people are ripping on Preston Brown, and he out produced Dennard on INTs and only played seven games.  As a LB, who "can't cover".  What's that say about #21?

I still don't know this cat, and he may suck, but I've not been impressed with Dennard at all.  I don't get why people are freaking out over potentially losing him.

I look at  Dennard as a bust overall as he was a first round pick. Not on the bust level of CedO by any means, but nonetheless still a bust.

Personally I think this was a good signing overall. Now if the coaching can get DreK and WJ3 to play better than last year we will have a formidable pass D on the backend as Bates looks to be solid to boot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  We have to stop making Hart out to be an Ogbuehi.  The guy had his problems, but let's look at the big picture:

He ranked 56.2 last year according to PFF.  I don't have his breakdowns but he is clearly a much better run blocker than a pass blocker.  He was far from what I would call "good", but the rushing attack DID yield its best YPC in what seemed to be a decade or two.  He improved as a pass blocker as the season wore on, and he stayed healthy the entire season (I think?  At least I don't remember any injuries).

He is also STILL 24 years old.  He turns 25 in late August right as the season is about to begin.  

(((((THIS IS SURE TO GET ME KILLED ON HERE)))))

For those of us that have been around a while, you might remember that future HOF (He better be) Andrew Whitworth was far from elite his first few seasons and struggled mightily when he was first put at OT.  Hart deserves the benefit of the doubt.  He isn't Ogbuehi and, again, he has shown he can drive block with the best of them.  He is a massively strong man, and is just about to turn 25.  

I am not saying that I am going to run out and buy his jersey and request 1HART on my next Bengals license plate, but the guy deserves more credit than he is receiving on here.  He also deserves the opportunity to see what he can become under new coaches and the new scheme. 

And, there is always the potential that he becomes a backup if a strong draft pick takes his job.... Hilarious

What turned me off from Hart was the first game last year when he came out wearing sleeves. By the end of the season he wasn't though, so a plus there. But o-lineman wearing long sleeves, I mean cmon man, especially in September!

We just have to hope that Mr Jokester o-line coach can turn his game around.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:33 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I look at  Dennard as a bust overall as he was a first round pick. Not on the bust level of CedO by any means, but nonetheless still a bust.

Personally I think this was a good signing overall. Now if the coaching can get DreK and WJ3 to play better than last year we will have a formidable pass D on the backend as Bates looks to be solid to boot.

I have to wonder how much our young players development got stunted due to lack of playing time. One of my biggest gripes with Marvin was his lack of faith in young players. I truly believe players will develop better under Zac. He hired coaches that he feels are good communicators and teachers. I hope they are.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:44 AM)Phil in BG Wrote: I have to wonder how much our young players development got stunted due to lack of playing time. One of my biggest gripes with Marvin was his lack of faith in young players. I truly believe players will develop better under Zac. He hired coaches that he feels are good communicators and teachers. I hope they are.

This is a pretty good point.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I bet you dont even know who he is lol.

Nope but I’ve seen his stats and he’s garbage
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:14 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: This. And someone will pay him.

Better them than us. Dennard is mediocre at best. A bust if we're being honest.

Remember when he was supposed to be Leon Hall? LOL

(03-15-2019, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's not too bad.  If he can get ONE interception this year, he'll already outproduce Dennard.  Hell, people are ripping on Preston Brown, and he out produced Dennard on INTs and only played seven games.  As a LB, who "can't cover".  What's that say about #21?

I still don't know this cat, and he may suck, but I've not been impressed with Dennard at all.  I don't get why people are freaking out over potentially losing him.

Some are. Some aren't. The few that are apparently haven't watched him much.

(03-15-2019, 11:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be the case.

What I'm seeing thus far is nothing compared to the Hart signing. THAT was a meltdown. 

I think most people on here understand that Dennard isn't a big loss.

Heck, I think we may have upgraded, seeing how PFF thought highly of Webb in the slot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:57 AM)Trademark Wrote: Nope but I’ve seen his stats and he’s garbage

You are not seeing all the stats.  He is an upgrade the past year.  I like Webb.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:44 AM)Phil in BG Wrote: I have to wonder how much our young players development got stunted due to lack of playing time. One of my biggest gripes with Marvin was his lack of faith in young players. I truly believe players will develop better under Zac. He hired coaches that he feels are good communicators and teachers. I hope they are.

If you look back at our first round picks a lot of it has to do with injuries as well. Dennard was hurt his first 3 years, the first 2 seasons he had various injuries then hurt his shoulder in year 3 and was lost for the year. Ogbuehi would have been terrible regardless but we drafted him after he just tore his ACL. Ross basically missed his whole rookie year , William Jackson missed his whole rookie season with a torn pec, Eifert is hurt every season, Price was drafted with a torn pec then missed multiple games with the ankle injury.
Reply/Quote
I think I've made it clear that I like the signing, but classifying this as a "big" signing is kinda silly.

Landing Kareem Hunt, Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry are all big moves. Signing Whitworth was a big move for the Rams. The Jets and Raiders getting Bell and Brown are big moves. The Ravens signing Mark Ingram and Earl Thomas. etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think I've made it clear that I like the signing, but classifying this as a "big" signing is kinda silly.

I took that as sarcasm, not serious excitement.
Reply/Quote
I liked Webb when he came out of College, was hoping we'd spend a late pick on him. But alas no.
Everything about his screamed slot cover guy.

I prefer this signing over Hart.
But as people have said, Hart has a chance to keep improving, and I'm hoping that is the case, and that we draft David Edwards from Wisconsin.
For slot guys, I like late in the draft (6th rounders) Jimmy Moreland (James Madison) and Jordan Brown (South Dakota State).
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I took that as sarcasm, not serious excitement.

Maybe it was. It's hard to tell with all the homers around here.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You are not seeing all the stats.  He is an upgrade the past year.  I like Webb.  

No. He’s not very good. Ask Any Giants fan. Ash anyone other than Bengals homers.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No.  He’s not very good.  Ask Any Giants fan.   Ash anyone other than Bengals homers.

How about we ask Lou Anarumo? Since Webb will be playing in his system.

And honestly, the Giants aren't doing their fans any favors this year. I can't even tell if they are trying to re-build or re-tool.
But well on their way to the top pick in the draft in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How about we ask Lou Anarumo? Since Webb will be playing in his system.

And honestly, the Giants aren't doing their fans any favors this year. I can't even tell if they are trying to re-build or re-tool.
But well on their way to the top pick in the draft in 2020.

They made 2 trades, and this is how it all shakes out:

Giants give up: Odell Beckham and the headaches he brings, and Olivier Vernon

Giants get: Browns 1st and 3rd round picks, Jabrill Peppers and Kevin Zeitler

They also signed Golden Tate to help fill Beckham's void. Tbh, I think they'll be better next year AND in the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They made 2 trades, and this is how it all shakes out:

Giants give up: Odell Beckham and the headaches he brings, and Olivier Vernon

Giants get: Browns 1st and 3rd round picks, Jabrill Peppers and Kevin Zeitler

They also signed Golden Tate to help fill Beckham's void. Tbh, I think they'll be better next year AND in the future.

None of it matters until they find their QB. Be interesting to see if they take Haskins.

Reply/Quote