Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big time Trade with NE and AZ
Per Schefter, AZ is sending G Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd round pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones
Reply/Quote
How good is Cooper? Kinda of surprised that New England would trade their best D lineman in today's NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Patriots win that easily. Chandler was naked at a police station out of his mind a few days before their playoff game last year.

Cooper was a bust but is still young. The way i look at it they got a 2nd round pick for a player with one year left on his contract that could be suspended.
Reply/Quote
There's the blockbuster people were waiting for.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: How good is Cooper? Kinda of surprised that New England would trade their best D lineman in today's NFL.

Not very

(03-15-2016, 04:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Patriots win that easily. Chandler was naked at a police station out of his mind a few days before their playoff game last year.

Cooper was a bust but is still young. The way i look at it they got a 2nd round pick for a player with one year left on his contract that could be suspended.

No they don't. Cooper is bad. 
He can't stay healthy and their biggest issue is health on the OL. This adds more weakness.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not very

No they don't. Cooper is bad. 
He can't stay healthy and their biggest issue is health on the OL. This adds more weakness.

Um they got a 2nd round pick for a guy with one year left on his deal. Who will probably get an olivier vernon type payday. Problem is dude brought himself to the police station and was butt naked drugged out of his mind. While partying right before the playoff game with the patriots star TE. His brother jon jones had the world in his hand before becoming a coke head. Being a ******* runs in the family. 

The patriots realized he was a problem. And unloaded their problem on someone else for a quality draft pick.

I would gladly take an early draft pick in exchange for a potential druggy who will soon be asking for an enormous amount of guaranteed money. Cooper is icing on the cake. Talent of a top 10 pick still young and on his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: How good is Cooper? Kinda of surprised that New England would trade their best D lineman in today's NFL.

Cooper has been underwhelming for a top 10 pick. He missed a lot of games due to injuries and has never played up to starter standards. But part of that may be the blocking-scheme as well. That may be the value NE sees. But the value of this trade will also depend upon who is picked by NE in the draft and how well Chandler Jones plays in AZ's scheme.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 06:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Um they got a 2nd round pick for a guy with one year left on his deal. Who will probably get an olivier vernon type payday. Problem is dude brought himself to the police station and was butt naked drugged out of his mind. While partying right before the playoff game with the patriots star TE. His brother jon jones had the world in his hand before becoming a coke head. Being a ******* runs in the family. 

The patriots realized he was a problem. And unloaded their problem on someone else for a quality draft pick.

I would gladly take an early draft pick in exchange for a potential druggy who will soon be asking for an enormous amount of guaranteed money. Cooper is icing on the cake. Talent of a top 10 pick still young and on his rookie contract.

They got a second round pick for their best defensive player. 
Neat. 

Should we have moved Geno for a 2nd? 
Reply/Quote
That second rounder is pretty late in the round.
Reply/Quote
Pats were just dumping a potential problem that they weren't gonna pay anyway.

Cooper sucks but he will just be there for a year .
Reply/Quote
Pats do this every year and continue to win every but let's second guess them from our couch.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Pats do this every year and continue to win every but let's second guess them from our couch.

What players in their prime have they traded? 
They trade guys at the end of careers. 
Reply/Quote
AZ is trying to close in on Evan Mathis to replace Cooper.

Apparently, the fans out here think they have already won the Superbowl and the season is just a formality. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They prob figured he was gonna leave after next year anyways.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 07:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They got a second round pick for their best defensive player. 
Neat. 

Should we have moved Geno for a 2nd? 

If Geno was high out of his mind naked at a police station days before a playoff game and we had two guys damn near as good ( collins sheard ) and he had one year left on his contract. Getting a 2nd round pick and top 10 pic on his rookie contract would feel like we hit the lottery.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 06:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Cooper is icing on the cake. Talent of a top 10 pick still young and on his rookie contract.

I'm not sure I ever heard a player who lost his job to a journeyman backup (again) as icing, but we shall see. Anyways, I can see why NE would unload his contract and I can see why AZ would make a splash move because they are in "win-now" mode and had a big need for an edge rusher they would have had to hope they could have used that 2nd round pick on, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote