Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big trade with MIA 3-round mock (not overly serious)
If the Bengals wanted to get all crazy, they could do something like this (completely unrealistic) trade scenario!

Trade 1st and 33rd overall to MIA for 5, 18, 26, 56, and 70.

COMPLETELY REBUILD THE TEAM around Andy Dalton for 2020 and get a QB in 2021 if needed!!! Ninja

5) Jeffery Okudah, CB Ohio St - New elite CB to go with WJ3! Elite secondary!

18) Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa - Versatility at its finest! RT prospect who could swing inside if needed!

26) Patrick Queen, LB LSU - New QB of the defense! Dude was a playmaker in the CFP!

56) Tee Higgins, WR Clemson - 4.55+ 40 time could cause Higgins to drop and the Bengals get their WR1 of the future!

65) Justin Madubuike, DT Texas A&M - Get that interior pass rush going!

70) Shane Lemieux, OG Oregon - Nasty LG to compete for starting role if Glenn or Jonah doesn't take that spot!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The trade itself isn't overly unrealistic. However I think we'd be very lucky if 3 out of the first 4 picks are on the board when we drafted - especially Wirfs and Higgins.

If we pass on Burrow, I'd stand pat and take Chase Young.
Reply/Quote
That is one nice looking draft right there. I think they could get that return and keep the 33rd pick. With that 33rd pick, select Love, Fromm, or Eason and let him sit a year.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:22 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: That is one nice looking draft right there. I think they could get that return and keep the 33rd pick. With that 33rd pick, select Love, Fromm, or Eason and let him sit a year.

Please god no on Fromm yes on love and Eason.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 11:56 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Please god no on Fromm yes on love and Eason.

In the long term, I really think Eason will have the best career of all the QBs in this draft. Has the build and the arm, just needs a season to sit and grow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 07:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The trade itself isn't overly unrealistic.  However I think we'd be very lucky if 3 out of the first 4 picks are on the board when we drafted - especially Wirfs and Higgins.

If we pass on Burrow, I'd stand pat and take Chase Young.

I don't think it's unrealistic for Wirfs to go 18th. It's expected Thomas and Wills go ahead of him.
Higgins I can understand, but I can see him falling some due to him being a slower receiver in a stacked group.
If he's gone, there will be plenty of other good options.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: In the long term, I really think Eason will have the best career of all the QBs in this draft. Has the build and the arm, just needs a season to sit and grow.

This has been said of so many QBs in the past.
However, especially in the era of "produce now or get out," teams aren't willing to wait for their new "franchise" QB to see the field.
But they also don't want to see that QB brought on the field and play poorly.

I don't want any QB from this draft except for Burrow or Tagovailoa. And Tagovailoa's injury concerns would still worry me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: In the long term, I really think Eason will have the best career of all the QBs in this draft. Has the build and the arm, just needs a season to sit and grow.

Initially I was all about chase young in 1 and Eason in 2 but I got shredded but I honestly always like the idea of keep dalton 1 more year build around him or your rookie u draft this year(Eason) and come 2021 u won’t be looking for a qb and ur draft will be wide open to just stack in the 2021. Let’s be real we aren’t going to ship this year lol
Reply/Quote

I'll pass on Eason. Apparently, he shits his entire pants when pressured.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 01:04 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Initially I was all about chase young in 1 and Eason in 2 but I got shredded but I honestly always like the idea of keep dalton 1 more year build around him or your rookie u draft this year(Eason) and come 2021 u won’t be looking for a qb and ur draft will be wide open to just stack in the 2021.  Let’s be real we aren’t going to ship this year lol

You're putting a lot of faith in a QB (Eason) who needs a good amount of development to become a true franchise QB.
Do you trust this coaching staff to groom sufficiently?

I gave them the benefit of the doubt last year but with Van Pelt gone and seeing how poorly Ryan Finley played, I'm losing confidence.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals wanted to get all crazy, they could do something like this (completely unrealistic) trade scenario!

COMPLETELY REBUILD THE TEAM around Andy Dalton for 2020 and get a QB in 2021 if needed!!!  Ninja

18) Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa - Versatility at its finest! RT prospect who could swing inside if needed!

26) Patrick Queen, LB LSU - New QB of the defense! Dude was a playmaker in the CFP!

56) Tee Higgins, WR Clemson - 4.55+ 40 time could cause Higgins to drop and the Bengals get their WR1 of the future!

70) Shane Lemieux, OG Oregon - Nasty LG to compete for starting role if Glenn or Jonah doesn't take that spot!

Love this,but somehow I believe they are taking Burrow,but I want Queen, the linebacker in the Queen City.Oh Yea baby.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Not a bad draft. I for one though wouldn't trade #1OA for ANYTHING. Much too valuable a pick that comes along every 20 years or so.

TBS, I see Patrick Queen and Tee Higgins both going late in the 1st rd....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:22 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2   Not a bad draft. I for one though wouldn't trade #1OA for ANYTHING. Much too valuable a pick that comes along every 20 years or so.

TBS, I see Patrick Queen and Tee Higgins both going late in the 1st rd....

I can see that too, but I can also see Higgins slipping due to a lack of speed in a stacked WR class.
Jeudy, Lamb, Shenault, Ruggs, and maybe Raegor and Jefferson could go before Higgins, especially if Higgins runs 4.6+
I agree though that Higgins is a late-first talent, and there will be plenty of other WR options if Higgins wasn't available.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 09:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll pass on Eason. Apparently, he shits his entire pants when pressured.

I didn't read through this pff article until now.
This makes me think that Love is a more raw version of Jameis Winston.
Winston is a true gunslinger, as evidenced by his 5100 yards and 33 TDs this year, but also 30 INTs.
Winston would be an all-star if he developed better decision-making, but he hasn't yet and likely not going to be playing for the team that drafted him any longer because of it.
It's actually kind of scary going back now and comparing their last college season to the one before that and how similar both Winston and Love were.
Winston was better than Love though, but he also had a better supporting cast.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
There's only 2 QBs that I would feel comfortable attaching my future to in this draft - Tua and Burrow. Herbert has had 4 years and still can't seem to put together a good game against top level competition. The others are huge development projects.

When the season started, I wanted to like Eason so bad. He put on a clinic in the first game I watched, accurate, strong arm, just flat out amazing. Then came a long series of clunkers. He's terrible under pressure.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see that too, but I can also see Higgins slipping due to a lack of speed in a stacked WR class.
Jeudy, Lamb, Shenault, Ruggs, and maybe Raegor and Jefferson could go before Higgins, especially if Higgins runs 4.6+
I agree though that Higgins is a late-first talent, and there will be plenty of other WR options if Higgins wasn't available.

WhoDey2  I agree. I also believe that pick 33 should be used on a WR to eventually replace AJ... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals wanted to get all crazy, they could do something like this (completely unrealistic) trade scenario!

COMPLETELY REBUILD THE TEAM around Andy Dalton for 2020 and get a QB in 2021 if needed!!!  Ninja

Not a bad haul. If they did that and didn't get Burrow, I hope they make a play for Lawrence or Fields next year which would give the team an explosive offense.
Reply/Quote
Well done and I am not taking it serious. Smirk
Reply/Quote