Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big10 may cancel 2020 football season
Reports are out that the Big10 is contemplating cancelling the football season.

Previously they announced the schedule would be reduced to only conference games.

The final determination will be announced in the next 5 days.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/30/report-big-ten-may-still-not-play-this-fall/

EDIT:  I didn't initially see they stated no games this fall, so it might not be an outright cancellation.  But it may as well be if you are not competing for a chance at the grand prize...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Per Dan Patrick, the Big10 voted 12-2 to cancel the season.

He is also reporting the Big12 is going to cancel as well...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/10/report-big-ten-will-not-play-in-2020/
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 02:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Per Dan Patrick, the Big10 voted 12-2 to cancel the season.

He is also reporting the Big12 is going to cancel as well...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/10/report-big-ten-will-not-play-in-2020/

Man that sucks, but I really can't argue with their decision. Sad  I hear the Pac 12 is considering canceling as well.
Reply/Quote
This has more with player unionizing then Covid 19.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The cancel is official. Just came up as breaking news on ESPN. Going to attempt to play in the spring.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29640222/sources-big-ten-pulls-plug-fall-football-season
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
This is rough for the kids who are seniors and need that extra year to try and make to NFL.

Reply/Quote
Man this blows. I'm sure college hoops will get axed as well. Sad
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Nebraska is trying to play in the Big 12 this year. Maybe Iowa can play there too since they were the only two schools to vote Yes to playing this year.

The Big Ten hierarchy can go suck the big one.

I’m done with 2020.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:04 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Nebraska is trying to play in the Big 12 this year.  Maybe Iowa can play there too since they were the only two schools to vote Yes to playing this year.

I’m done with 2020.

Not sure where I saw it, but the Big10 said no one is able to play out of conference.  Pretty sure those contracts to the networks and conference membership would make it a death sentence for the school to violate them.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 09:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not sure where I saw it, but the Big10 said no one is able to play out of conference.  Pretty sure those contracts to the networks and conference membership would make it a death sentence for the school to violate them.

Unless multiple schools decided that leaving the conference would be a better option.  In that case, I could see several Big 10 schools quickly being absorbed into other conferences.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless multiple schools decided that leaving the conference would be a better option.  In that case, I could see several Big 10 schools quickly being absorbed into other conferences.

It's not an issue of finding another conference to play in, it's the legal and financial hurdles associated with the contracts their are already bound to.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:04 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Nebraska is trying to play in the Big 12 this year. Maybe Iowa can play there too since they were the only two schools to vote Yes to playing this year.

I’m done with 2020.

I'm all for trading Nebraska and Iowa for the Oklahoma schools.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I doubt Nebraska will be playing in the Big 12 because they have released their Fall Schedule. Games start on September 26 and each team will get two bye weeks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Well where I live here in East TN, SEC the Southeastern Conference to only play conference games here.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I'm sure going to miss college Saturdays. Always seems like fall with the crowd noise, and the bands in the background. Damn virus.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote