Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Bengal draft day memory
(04-26-2018, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My best draft memory comes from 1980, when the Bengals selected Anthony Munoz with the 3rd overall pick.  Of course, we didn't watch the draft on TV back then, I had to read about it in the paper.  To think that I was worried when the Browns drafted Charles White in that same 1st round...  We all know how that one turned out.

I may have to adjust my favorite Bengal draft memory to the night the Bengals took Billy Price with the 21st pick.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may have to adjust my favorite Bengal draft memory to the night the Bengals took Billy Price with the 21st pick.  Ninja

I'm going to wait a year or so for final judgment on Price , but for now it seems like a great pick . Everyone seems like a great pick until they aren't with the exception of a few shining examples..
Reply/Quote
My biggest memory was being excited when Rey Muauluga "fell" to us in the second round. I was so excited.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
The 2003 draft. The first one of the Marvin Era (back then the enthusiasm for Marvin was at near all time high). Excited about Carson coming in to turn around the franchise, but I was crazy enough to think that the Bengals got steals w/ Eric Steinbach in the 2nd round (he was) and Kelly Washington in the 3rd (he wasn't). I actually thought Kelly would become the next great WR in the league.

Also the next year, when we got Dennis Weathersby much later than he was supposed to go (because of his getting shot just a while before the draft), I thought the Bengals' luck was changing for the better. Too bad Dennis also got into a car crash, that guy's luck just didn't allow him to play a down for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote