Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Hopes and Biggest Fears for Sunday
My biggest hopes for Sunday:

Mixon goes off. Outdoes Bell in his field in terms of total yardage. It's coming. I would LOVE this to be the week and this guy is the answer to the steelers for years to come.

The pass rush makes bacon out of Piggy.

A new offensive playmaker steps up: Maybe Uzomah? Core? Malone? Ross? Someone needs to get the useless Lafell off the field and make some big plays.

There is a huge special team play for the Bengals: Erickson returns a punt for a TD, or the steelers fumble a punt and the Bengals turn it in to points.

My biggest fears for Sunday:

The officiating. 'Nuff said.

The steelers will attack the center of our defensive line with their rush attack. Geno is awesome, but his line mates are not as experience against a strong rush attack right up the gut. Glasgow, Pat Sims, Billings, all need to have the game of their life. They will be coming after them.

Dre gives up a deep pass. He hasn't turned the corner on his usual slow starts yet. One misstep and it is 6 points the other way.

Some other anonymous d-bag goes headhunting and knocks a player like Mixon out of the game. It won't be mitchell...too obvious, but like the guy that basically broke Huber's neck, it will be a nobody. Come to think of it, mitchell is a nobody, too.

The Bengals will play too conservative and wait for pittsburg to make a mistake and will just be ground down in their rushing attack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Biggest hope--the Bengals bring enough intensity while keeping their cool and not allowing themselves to be baited by the Steelers' mind games and not panicking if anything goes wrong and play a sixty minute game. I guess that's actually three hopes. So, my three biggest hopes. Sorry, OP, for cheating.

Biggest fear--Injury to key player(s) from a cheap shot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thought of another hope. Now, i'm really stretching it, I know.

I hope Pacman can somehow play. He is the closest thing we have to Kryptonite for Antonio Brown.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Biggest fear: we go into the half with at least a 1 TD lead and Marvin goes conservative in the 2nd half.

Biggest hope: we absolutely crush the Steelers in every facet of the game including punctuality and sportsmanship
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Biggest fear: The Bengals players lose their heads and it ends up costing us the game.

Biggest hope: The steelers play like they did against the jags.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Biggest fear: The Bengals players lose their heads and it ends up costing us the game.

Your fear--History says this is always a possibility because you know the Scumbags will be scumbags and do everything possible to win the game between plays.

Your hope--history says this is unlikely, since they will always bring it against the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
Biggest Fear-Being Overconfident and Costing the Team the Game

Biggest Hope-Winning and keeping the score up and not giving up the lead.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:46 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Biggest Fear-Being Overconfident and Costing the Team the Game

Biggest Hope-Winning and keeping the score up and not giving up the lead.

This franchise is miles away from being overconfident against the Steelers.  So, you can probably put that fear to rest.

Reply/Quote
Biggest fear: we pull a normal vs. Steelers implosion and fold after the first bump in the road - as usual. Let them get in our heads.

Biggest hope: the offensive line actually blocks and gives Gio and Mixon some running lanes and Dalton time to throw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Biggest hope

A bengals win

Biggest fears
Mike Mitchell and the constant inability we have when it comes to sacking Big Ben
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 07:45 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Biggest hope

A bengals win

Biggest fears
Mike Mitchell and the constant inability we have when it comes to sacking Big Ben
I can relate to all these posts = HIGH ANXIETY!
But, I think the new and improved edge rushers like Lawson, Willis, and Smith, will harass Ben all day.
Want to see Dunlap get untracked on the other end and beat the double teams. SQUASH BEN!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: I can relate to all these posts = HIGH ANXIETY!
But, I think the new and improved edge rushers like Lawson, Willis, and Smith, will harass Ben all day.
Want to see Dunlap get untracked on the other end and beat the double teams. SQUASH BEN!

Getting to him is only half the battle, maybe the easier half.  Getting his giant ass on the ground is the hard part.

Reply/Quote
Biggest hope - Lawson sacks the sh*t out of Piggy so hard that he loses enough teeth for his jack-o-lantern look for Halloween.

Biggest fear - Too much clapping and "let's go" on the sidelines. My foot through a beautiful TV. Running out of beer.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Biggest fear: The Bengals players lose their heads and it ends up costing us the game.

Agreed.,

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:34 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Agreed.,

Wonder how much of that was the Jags and how much was Shitsburgh laying an egg.

It's hard to know how good the Steelers are.  They barely beat the Browns, whose asses we whooped from start to finish, clobbered the Vikes, lost to the Bears, who ran all over them, handled the Ravens, who have lately had their number, with relative ease, got embarrassed by the Jags who, at most are a team still on the rise, still coming together, certainly not an elite team. 

The Jags ran all over them.  Nobody runs all over them, much less two in one year, in just a few weeks, no less.
Then they completely stonewall the last undefeated team.  Granted, they have KC's number lately and yes, the Chefs might be a bit of a mirage.  Once the cloak of invincibility was ripped off, they fell to earth in a hurry.  They could be a little shell shocked right now.  When you have number 1 in the league next to your name, maybe you start taking it for granted just enough to take a fall.

So far, the Steelers have been all over the map.  Who knows what to expect?

I would fully expect them to be thinking, we go back to our place, kick the Bengals all over that field and we'll be all the way back.  But can they just turn it on and off like a switch?

I don't think it's a given that they'll just come out clicking.  They've been not so good almost as much as they've been good.  The only thing they've proven is that they can be had.  Maybe if they don't start out do well, they start letting the doubt creep in.  If only we had even a mediocre OLine.  That is where we can be had and that is where they will attack.

Reply/Quote
Biggest hope: Joe Mixon has a breakout game (especially since I traded for him in my fantasy league. I think it's just a matter of time).

Biggest fear: OFFICIATING. In these games I always just wait for the huge bailout call to extend Steelers' drives that wind up in points on the board. Any time there is a 3rd and long in a close game my eyes immediately search for a flag because you know it's coming. A crappy PI call, but usual culprit is the defensive hold on 3rd down of course on an incomplete pass. It makes my blood boil. I guarntee there will be at least 1-2 tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:07 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Biggest hope: Joe Mixon has a breakout game (especially since I traded for him in my fantasy league. I think it's just a matter of time).

Biggest fear: OFFICIATING. In these games I always just wait for the huge bailout call to extend Steelers' drives that wind up in points on the board. Any time there is a 3rd and long in a close game my eyes immediately search for a flag because you know it's coming. A crappy PI call, but usual culprit is the defensive hold on 3rd down of course on an incomplete pass. It makes my blood boil. I guarntee there will be at least 1-2 tomorrow.

Yep.  I would take that bet, second that guarantee.  It's a given.

Reply/Quote
Mixon breaking out would be great. Running the football would change things for Dalton and Green.

But my fear is that it's just not possible behind our offensive line.
Reply/Quote
Biggest fear...Big Ben continues to break out of sacks and makes plays downfield.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Biggest fear: we go into the half with at least a 1 TD lead and Marvin goes conservative in the 2nd half.

Biggest hope: we absolutely crush the Steelers in every facet of the game including punctuality and sportsmanship

Lol I love that last part of your biggest hope.

I concur with the other fears that someone is going to get injured with these 2 defenses playing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote