Poll: Biggest meltdown
Bengals vs Steelers
Browns vs Jets
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Ohio meltdown
What was the biggest meltdown in the last two minutes of a football game in Ohio sports history?

The Bengals playoff game against the Steelers, or yesterday's debacle in Cleveland. 

This is a tough call. 
Reply/Quote
We aren't going to hear about yesterday's game by next week, and definitely never again after the season. At this point CoAcH pOrTeR wAs On TgE FiEld is part of this board's source code. I mean we still rememver the Birthdefect/PacMan meltdown, but no one will make threads about yesterday's meltdown 5 years from now.

I vote - strongly - for the aforementioned Bengals meltdown.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
the Bengals played terribly the entire game and then had a chance to win it but didn't. The Browns had a big lead against a bad Jets team in the 4th and blew it. There's no comparison on an individual game level.

On a larger level, though, the Bengals going from AFC Champs to this is a pretty big meltdown.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the Bengals played terribly the entire game and then had a chance to win it but didn't. The Browns had a big lead against a bad Jets team in the 4th and blew it. There's no comparison on an individual game level.

On a larger level, though, the Bengals going from AFC Champs to this is a pretty big meltdown.

Those of us that have been watching Zac Taylor coach for 3 seasons and 2 games arent that surprised really

Hes simply out of his league
Reply/Quote
Ravens meltdown yesterday was worse than either and it’s really not that close.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:53 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: What was the biggest meltdown in the last two minutes of a football game in Ohio sports history?

The Bengals playoff game against the Steelers, or yesterday's debacle in Cleveland. 

This is a tough call. 

It depends on how much importance you give to the stakes. The playoff game had a lot more at stake, and in my opinion, that makes for the bigger meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:07 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Ravens meltdown yesterday was worse than either and it’s really not that close.

What part of “Ohio sports history” didn’t you understand?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:08 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: What part of “Ohio sports history” didn’t you understand?

Ravens are the old Browns so I’m not technically wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ravens are the old Browns so I’m not technically wrong.

Yes, you are.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:30 AM)6andcounting Wrote: We aren't going to hear about yesterday's game by next week, and definitely never again after the season. At this point CoAcH pOrTeR wAs On TgE FiEld is part of this board's source code. I mean we still rememver the Birthdefect/PacMan meltdown, but no one will make threads about yesterday's meltdown 5 years from now.

I vote - strongly - for the aforementioned Bengals meltdown.

(09-19-2022, 11:07 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It depends on how much importance you give to the stakes.  The playoff game had a lot more at stake, and in my opinion, that makes for the bigger meltdown.

Both true, but the Steelers were a pretty good team that year and were favorites. The Jets blow and the Browns have high hopes, even without the oversexed and horny pervert Watson on the roster.  Plus they were 6.5pt favs. 

Im going back and forth. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ravens are the old Browns so I’m not technically wrong.

Good point. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:46 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yes, you are.

I’m not wrong. They are the old Browns whether anyone likes it or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:47 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I’m not wrong. They are the old Browns whether anyone likes it or not.

Claiming the Baltimore Ravens as "Ohio sports" is the only way that Ohio has a Super Bowl win, so I understand the desperate need to do so. 

But you're wrong for the same reason that Peyton Manning's time with the Colts wasn't "Maryland sports" and why the Lakers in the Magic and Kobe eras were not part of "Minnesota sports"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Claiming the Baltimore Ravens as "Ohio sports" is the only way that Ohio has a Super Bowl win, so I understand the desperate need to do so. 

But you're wrong for the same reason that Peyton Manning's time with the Colts wasn't "Maryland sports" and why the Lakers in the Magic and Kobe eras were not part of "Minnesota sports"

Division is 

Steelers
Browns (New)
Browns Evil Alt (Bengals)
Browns Old (Baltimore)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Claiming the Baltimore Ravens as "Ohio sports" is the only way that Ohio has a Super Bowl win, so I understand the desperate need to do so. 

Good point, and excellent smack intro.
Reply/Quote
I went with the Bengals. The playoff win drought was on the line. The Bengals weren't going anywhere in the playoffs, but the stupid haven't won a playoff game since Play Doh came out or whatever sucked.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the Bengals played terribly the entire game and then had a chance to win it but didn't. The Browns had a big lead against a bad Jets team in the 4th and blew it. There's no comparison on an individual game level.

Not yet.  But if they keep being atrocious in the first half it will be soon. I don't know how you can't fix that. Zak Taylor is the HC version of Flacco, minus of course winning the final game.  The Bengals got hot, and he cashed in.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:53 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: What was the biggest meltdown in the last two minutes of a football game in Ohio sports history?

This is a tough call. 

It's not really a tough call because one was a playoff game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Those of us that have been watching Zac Taylor coach for 3 seasons and 2 games arent that surprised really

Hes simply out of his league

Not surprised at all. Probably wouldn't even impress at the college level.. Stoops at Kentucky is far better than this Taylor guy.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not really a tough call because one was a playoff game. 

I mean seriously. How stupid do you have to be to think a playoff meltdown is even equal to, let alone worse than an WEEK 2 regular season game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote