Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigzoman's take on today's Dub
Watched about 3 quarters and followed the rest of the game on the gameday thread. Here's my insight on today's performance.

Chill Out About the D: Colts came in with max protection and run a ton of short passes, something you're supposed to do when you're up against a godlike pass rush. The Defense made the plays when they mattered most and we saw something we haven't seen in a while: Clutch turnovers.

Bobby Hart is Ass, as Advertised: You know you're bad when Margus Hunt looks good against you.

Joe Mixion isn't as pivotal to the Offense as I thought, he's required When we hand the ball off the Mixon and let him do him, the offense moves. When we don't, our offense looks like it did the last two years.

Speaking of Mixion…

We can run the ball again!

Finally, we did something we haven't done in a long time: Find a way to win when the everything else insists on not letting the ball bounce our way once. A lot of BS calls and adversity. Good to see a Bengals team that can overcome it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Joe Mixion isn't as pivotal to the Offense as I thought, he's required When we hand the ball off the Mixon and let him do him, the offense moves. When we don't, our offense looks like it did the last two years.

Speaking of Mixion…

He could be the next Dillion. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hart is terrible, but there are no other options right now. It sucks they didn’t spent more money on the O-Line this offseason.

Andy looks like he is in trouble every play.

You are right about one thing, Hunt had his name mentioned more today than he did during his entire tenure as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:33 PM)Jbabt1985 Wrote: Hart is terrible, but there are no other options right now. It sucks they didn’t spent more money on the O-Line this offseason.

Andy looks like he is in trouble every play.

You are right about one thing, Hunt had his name mentioned more today than he did during his entire tenure as a Bengal.

No he didn't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Def need to run the ball more........Mixon excelled the more carries he got
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hart was truly bad. Glenn was good as was Bodine. Price had the one appalling play but after that clean ed it up and was solid. The big issue was they could not run to the right and there was constant pressure from the right.
Reply/Quote
Ive seen enough of Hart ….and it pains me to say that Id rather see Ogblooie or Fisher in there.....couldnt be any worse. Im surprised Pollack went with him as starter......are Fisher and Ogblewie THAT bad?? Time to really look at what else is out there to bring in. Ravens on Thurs and it gets worse from there.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hart was truly bad. Glenn was good as was Bodine. Price had the one appalling play but after that clean ed it up and was solid. The big issue was they could not run to the right and there was constant pressure from the right.

Who is this Bodine you speak of
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is this Bodine you speak of

He's the FNG
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is this Bodine you speak of

Autocorrect bit me - it should say Boling. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Watched about 3 quarters and followed the rest of the game on the gameday thread. Here's my insight on today's performance.

Chill Out About the D: Colts came in with max protection and run a ton of short passes, something you're supposed to do when you're up against a godlike pass rush. The Defense made the plays when they mattered most and we saw something we haven't seen in a while: Clutch turnovers.

Bobby Hart is Ass, as Advertised: You know you're bad when Margus Hunt looks good against you.

Joe Mixion isn't as pivotal to the Offense as I thought, he's required When we hand the ball off the Mixon and let him do him, the offense moves. When we don't, our offense looks like it did the last two years.

Speaking of Mixion…

Finally, we did something we haven't done in a long time: Find a way to win when the everything else insists on not letting the ball bounce our way once. A lot of BS calls and adversity. Good to see a Bengals team that can overcome it.

Not buying on the defense.  Max protect... fine.  giving up the short passes was only because of the cushion we kept giving the Colts.  All that did was give Luck confidence and 1st downs.  Yes they stepped up when needed, but I don't want to rely on "scoop and scores".  I would rather have INTs or INC leading to more punts.  We shouldn't rely on a player to fumble the ball at the end of the game.

I am hoping that this was only due to being the first game and jitters and all of that, and not a trend.  
Reply/Quote
I know the Giants fans were very happy to see Hart leave town much like the feelings regarding Bodine around here.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 11:11 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Not buying on the defense.  Max protect... fine.  giving up the short passes was only because of the cushion we kept giving the Colts.  All that did was give Luck confidence and 1st downs.  Yes they stepped up when needed, but I don't want to rely on "scoop and scores".  I would rather have INTs or INC leading to more punts.  We shouldn't rely on a player to fumble the ball at the end of the game.

I am hoping that this was only due to being the first game and jitters and all of that, and not a trend.  

Exactly.  It is just like the Breshnahan crap units of old:  Don't give up any big play...but get nickel and dimed to death and you don't contest a single check-down.  This shit has to stop.  They need to challenge a team that goes max protect and attack them with extra defenders and be up on the LOS to lock down their weapons.  We will see nothing but this if we don't get more aggressive.

Very disappointed in Austin.  Yes, it is only one week, but against THAT line they had a chance to get an identity.  Nothing.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  It is just like the Breshnahan crap units of old:  Don't give up any big play...but get nickel and dimed to death and you don't contest a single check-down.  This shit has to stop.  They need to challenge a team that goes max protect and attack them with extra defenders and be up on the LOS to lock down their weapons.  We will see nothing but this if we don't get more aggressive.

Very disappointed in Austin.  Yes, it is only one week, but against THAT line they had a chance to get an identity.  Nothing.  

Goes without saying but Zimmer was a great DC.  If we had him, I think we shut out and stop the Colts.... not just try to slow them down. 

I will reserve full out disdain until I see more.  Maybe it was just week 1, maybe they wanted to take this time to experiment a little with a team they knew they could beat, which is why we saw a shift in the 2nd half, who really knows.  I don't like the idea of letting a QB that hasn't played a meaningful snap in so long to gain confidence with the dink and dunk, getting closer and closer, then hoping that one of their players makes a mistake. 

That isn't game planning at all.  If it continues it will confirm my suspicions on Austin's HC interviews and why he hasn't been selected.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why people are surprised by the D. Austen took a top 5 D (total yds) and managed to turn it into the 27th in 4 years while at Detroit. I wasn't a fan when he was hired and still not a fan. I think the only reason he was hired was because of his relationship with Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hart was truly bad. Glenn was good as was Bodine. Price had the one appalling play but after that clean ed it up and was solid. The big issue was they could not run to the right and there was constant pressure from the right.

Imagine buying a new car and knowing the right suspension of the vehicle is faulty and not serviceable yet you are going to go on a trip across the nation for 3 months. What would you do? Drunk This is where our team is at right now with the right side of the line. GaahWhat will the team do about it? Continue as-is to see how far we can get like that or fix it and be confident to get us through? Jerry

(This is no way intended to correlate to PA's Ketchup theory).  Hmm 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  It is just like the Breshnahan crap units of old:  Don't give up any big play...but get nickel and dimed to death and you don't contest a single check-down.  This shit has to stop.  They need to challenge a team that goes max protect and attack them with extra defenders and be up on the LOS to lock down their weapons.  We will see nothing but this if we don't get more aggressive.

I said it when we hired him, Detroit had to score alot of points because their defense was horrible. Austin fits Lewis's gameplan. To chickenshit to man up and get beat by the big play. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Watched about 3 quarters and followed the rest of the game on the gameday thread. Here's my insight on today's performance.

Speaking of Mixion…

in all fairness hunt makes strong guys look...  not so strong
Reply/Quote