Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bijan Robinson
I'm against RB's in the first, but if Robinson is there, I'd be okay with it given the late round pick and the need. Ideally I think if the Oline is fixed, we can get the RB in the middle rounds and they will be effective in the Offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 11:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He can’t pull but did it consistently and with major success in college? He dominated georgias dline….  He gets to 2nd level.

Dude, give it a rest with the Ohio State guys.  The last one you were pumping up for us to take in the first was Wyatt Davis.  He fell to the 3rd and the Vikings gave up on him and cut him after only one year.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, give it a rest with the Ohio State guys.  The last one you were pumping up for us to take in the first was Wyatt Davis.  He fell to the 3rd and the Vikings gave up on him and cut him after only one year.  

I believe Davis was hailed as the second coming of Quentin Nelson. Hell probably better than

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 01:13 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I believe Davis was hailed as the second coming of Quentin Nelson.  Hell probably better than

Everyone has their misses.  I have plenty of them, too.  However, when someone bangs their fist on the table for a guy from the same school in the first every year and they bust year after year, it just becomes apparent that they want a guy from that school above all other concerns.  Before that, it was Chase Young, who's been a massive disappointment.  Before that, it was Haskins, another bust.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Everyone has their misses.  I have plenty of them, too.  However, when someone bangs their fist on the table for a guy from the same school in the first every year and they bust year after year, it just becomes apparent that they want a guy from that school above all other concerns.  Before that, it was Chase Young, who's been a massive disappointment.  Before that, it was Haskins, another bust.  

Agreed, and I'm an OSU fan.  Now, if the Bengals were in position for, and needed a LT, I would give Paris Johnson my full endorsement.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
To evaluate a player by the school they played for is just absolutely silly. While Ohio State has had offensive linemen not work out in the NFL they have also had their fair share of them that did. I think Jones should have returned for another season to hone his game and I believe he has hurt his draft stock with his refusal to perform movement drills and none of this has anything to do with any Ohio State lineman that came before him nor anything to do with any to come.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:10 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I have seen multiple scenarios lately where Bijan Robinson falls to the Bengals at #28. Along with these scenarios I have seen many simulations where he is sitting there at #28. I do not think this is an indictment of his abilities as much as it is about the makeup of the first round prospects and the league itself. There are several first round receiver prospects and we all know it continues to become more of a passing league. Couple that with the QBs and edge rushers and it is very possible that this happens.

I am not a big fan of high first round selections on RBs but if this kid drops to #28 I just do not see how you pass on the selection.

Oh, we take Bijan if he is there without a doubt. We really like him evidently no surprise, dude fits our Offense to a T, is good in pass 
pro and has great balance while being great catching the ball out of the backfield. Allows us to move on from Mixon without any pause.

Our Offense is instantly that much better with Bijan Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, give it a rest with the Ohio State guys.  The last one you were pumping up for us to take in the first was Wyatt Davis.  He fell to the 3rd and the Vikings gave up on him and cut him after only one year.  
Ah yes count my misses… but not the hits. Was Pounding the table for micheal Thomas too. Said Fremont jones would be a 5-7 sack a year guy we should draft…Yeah I missed on Davis. Has nothing to do with jones though. Jones is going to be elite. He’s also the better of the 2 tackles btw
(04-20-2023, 01:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, and I'm an OSU fan.  Now, if the Bengals were in position for, and needed a LT, I would give Paris Johnson my full endorsement.  
Dawand over Paris and I don’t even think it’s close.
Reply/Quote
DaWand Jones isn't a light footed tackled but I think he moves better than Orlando Brown. Jones does a good job getting out of his stance and can even get lateral on some outside zone run plays but he doesn't look great pulling behind the formation on a track around the left side. As for his pass pro its not his athletisim Im worried about its his footwork, hand timing, and experience. Jones tends to set wide worried about the edge gets his feet to close together and gives up the B gap. His hand timing is inconsistent which hurts his length.

2022 was DaWand Jones first year starting at RT right? It was Paris Johnson, NPF, and Munford in 2021?...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 10:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ah yes count my misses… but not the hits. Was Pounding the table for micheal Thomas too.  Said Fremont jones would be a 5-7 sack a year guy we should draft…Yeah I missed on Davis. Has nothing to do with jones though. Jones is going to be elite. He’s also the better of the 2 tackles btw

Everyone has misses.  Not everyone pimps a guy from the same school in the 1st every year and misses.  And the amount of gymnastics you'd have us go through for some of them is insane.  Yeah, pass on Chase or Sewell to trade down and waste a first on a G that literally couldn't make the roster in his second year.  Pass on Joe Burrow to take Chase Young and hype Jordan Love as the next Mahomes in Round 2.  

How does missing on Davis have nothing to do with Jones?  They played in the same position group under the same staff.  It's actually pretty likely that many of the same factors that made you miss your evaluation on Davis also apply to Jones.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 02:10 PM)OSUfan Wrote: To evaluate a player by the school they played for is just absolutely silly. While Ohio State has had offensive linemen not work out in the NFL they have also had their fair share of them that did. I think Jones should have returned for another season to hone his game and I believe he has hurt his draft stock with his refusal to perform movement drills and none of this has anything to do with any Ohio State lineman that came before him nor anything to do with any to come.

To me, you use all the information you have available to make the most informed decision you can.  That includes trends.

Technique is generally an issue with the wave of failed OSU OL in recent years.  In a lot of cases, people overlook these issues with the belief that they can be coached out.  The problem is, a common thread when you start deep diving into individual cases of these failures is that these guys have difficulty grasping an NFL playbook.  You can't correct the technique of a guy who has trouble grasping the playbook because their mind is occupied with trying to figure out what their assignment is and they revert back to their old, bad habits, especially when stressed.  

When you have a pattern like this coming out of a program, we have to remember in our evaluations that these kids were already evaluated by college recruiters.  In this case, it's fairly apparent that football IQ isn't a priority for OSU when they go recruiting OL, and getting these kids ready to play in the pros certainly isn't a priority.  Since none of us actually gets the chance to sit down with these prospects individually and determine how well they can grasp an NFL playbook and accept coaching, it's actually fairly practical to err on the standard their predecessors have set in that area.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 10:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ah yes count my misses… but not the hits. Was Pounding the table for micheal Thomas too. Said Fremont jones would be a 5-7 sack a year guy we should draft…Yeah I missed on Davis. Has nothing to do with jones though. Jones is going to be elite. He’s also the better of the 2 tackles btw
Dawand over Paris and I don’t even think it’s close.

Didn’t you claim tanoh kpassagnon was the best pass rusher of his class? Multiple future pro bowls and all pro selections.

It’s the bombastic claims you make every draft season that keep us amused.

Then you mostly disappear like a fart in the wind only to resurface next draft season

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:06 AM)Synric Wrote: DaWand Jones isn't a light footed tackled but I think he moves better than Orlando Brown. Jones does a good job getting out of his stance and can even get lateral on some outside zone run plays but he doesn't look great pulling behind the formation on a track around the left side. As for his pass pro its not his athletisim Im worried about its his footwork, hand timing, and experience. Jones tends to set wide worried about the edge gets his feet to close together and gives up the B gap. His hand timing is inconsistent which hurts his length.

2022 was DaWand Jones first year starting at RT right? It was Paris Johnson, NPF, and Munford in 2021?...

Starting, yea. Played in 9 games in 2019, and then in most of the vivid shortened games of 2020.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Everyone has misses.  Not everyone pimps a guy from the same school in the 1st every year and misses.  And the amount of gymnastics you'd have us go through for some of them is insane.  Yeah, pass on Chase or Sewell to trade down and waste a first on a G that literally couldn't make the roster in his second year.  Pass on Joe Burrow to take Chase Young and hype Jordan Love as the next Mahomes in Round 2.  

How does missing on Davis have nothing to do with Jones?  They played in the same position group under the same staff.  It's actually pretty likely that many of the same factors that made you miss your evaluation on Davis also apply to Jones.  
I said Herbert in the trade down… I was always team chase. And Davis is a guard, which is more dependent on play next to you. Tackle isn’t,
(04-21-2023, 01:29 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Didn’t you claim tanoh kpassagnon was the best pass rusher of his class? Multiple future pro bowls and all pro selections.

It’s the bombastic claims you make every draft season that keep us amused.

Then you mostly disappear like a fart in the wind only to resurface next draft season

I said he had the potential if he developed. He never did.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Everyone has their misses.  I have plenty of them, too.  However, when someone bangs their fist on the table for a guy from the same school in the first every year and they bust year after year, it just becomes apparent that they want a guy from that school above all other concerns.  Before that, it was Chase Young, who's been a massive disappointment.  Before that, it was Haskins, another bust.  

Darnell Wright is obviously your next big miss....

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:10 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I have seen multiple scenarios lately where Bijan Robinson falls to the Bengals at #28. Along with these scenarios I have seen many simulations where he is sitting there at #28. I do not think this is an indictment of his abilities as much as it is about the makeup of the first round prospects and the league itself. There are several first round receiver prospects and we all know it continues to become more of a passing league. Couple that with the QBs and edge rushers and it is very possible that this happens.

I am not a big fan of high first round selections on RBs but if this kid drops to #28 I just do not see how you pass on the selection.

There is a good chance that only ONE WR is taken in the 1st Rd.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:50 AM)OSUfan Wrote: If the Bengals are staring at Bijan and Wright they are taking Bijan. 

They are looking for the exact reason to part company with Joe Mixon and this is the absolute way to do that. The reality of '23 is that Jonah is going to be the RT unless he just decides to flat sit out the season which would be complete career suicide. As much as I like the selection of Wright I don't think they make the selection just so he can sit for the '23 season. Trading Jonah is highly unlikely because the value is not there for another team unless they come into a situation of emergency need for a LT. Every team knows what Jonah is and that he will be a free agent in '24.

Jonah has ZERO to do with Wright.  They take Wright over Bijon 10 out of 10 times.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 03:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Darnell Wright is obviously your next big miss....

Possibly.  We'll have to wait and see what he does.  However, generally my misses are guys I thought would be good that disappoint, not guys I didn't like that turned out to be good, though there are some.  
Reply/Quote
Getting the massively derailed thread back on target, here is a tremendous ESPN piece on BR. Definitely makes me want him on the Bengals. Generational talent, loves the game, loves being a running back, sees himself as a complete weapon and not just a runner. When his father (30 year Pac10 referee) suggested he switch to QB early on, he flat refused because he "Wanted the ball in his hands". Always smiling. Tremendously positive.

We won't get him, but I want him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/36234668/why-bijan-robinson-break-nfl-draft-running-back-bias
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 03:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Jonah has ZERO to do with Wright.  They take Wright over Bijon 10 out of 10 times.

Whatever you say sir. I will agree to disagree.
Reply/Quote