Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
Man, could you even imagine what the Bengals would look like if they got a coach like Bill Bellichick? I mean, really go out there and just take the top defensive coordinator (bonus points if we can take him from a division rival) who already has a SB ring and championship defense on his resume and then make him ou HC?

Imagine pairing THAT with a 1st overall pick Heisman-winning QB! We could just watch the Lombardi's roll in. It'd be magical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No problem. Bill Belichick-like coaches are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to find, right? Rolleyes Also, after Bill's first 3 seasons, his record was 20-28. Hell, he had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons. It's not like he started off as the GOAT. It took him quite a while and during his 2nd stint as head coach before he was considered a great head coach.

Yes, having a great head coach is ideal, but saying we need to find Belichick-like coaches is like saying we need to find Brady-like QBs or James Brown-like 

It's not like we have a choice. We have no control over who the coaches are.

(12-07-2021, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should make the Pats give us Belichek

(12-07-2021, 05:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, we shouldn't settle for anything less.

What these guys said. Weezy is living in a fantasy world here.

All we can do is hope Taylor becomes a great HC like Belichick.
Reply/Quote
Billy B went 14-6 for the season Brady sat and the 4 games he was suspended!
Reply/Quote
Speaking of coaches, PB probably made the 2 most glaring and franchise breaking decisions, and I think BOTH decisions were made because he let his 'feelings' get in the way of his football intellect.

1. Hiring Tiger Johnson to replace him as HC, instead of Bill Walsh.

2.  Appointing MB as Owner/GM upon his death.
Reply/Quote
Just out of curiosity who is the next Belichick that the Bengals should hire next in your opinion ?

Am all for having the best coach.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just out of curiosity who is the next Belichick that the Bengals should hire next in your opinion ?

Well it'd have to be a defensive coordinator with a coupla Super Bowl rings, and a prior somewhat successful stint as a HC. I don't know that he's the next anything, but I think that Eberflus dude from Indianapolis would make a pretty good head coach.

Let's be honest though... Taylor will be here for quite some time. I think most other teams would've canned someone with 6 wins in their first two seasons. I'm not some GM, and this is above my pay grade, but in our heart of hearts we all know that they could've done better than Zac Taylor... I'm not referring to Eric Bienemy either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What these guys said. Weezy is living in a fantasy world here.

All we can do is hope Taylor becomes a great HC like Belichick.

I mean, that's not ALL. You can keep looking.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   I mean, really go out there and just take the top defensive coordinator (bonus points if we can take him from a division rival) who already has a SB ring and championship defense on his resume and then make him ou HC?

Imagine pairing THAT with a 1st overall pick Heisman-winning QB!   

Stop dreaming.  Nothing like that could ever happen around here.

And if it did the front office would still probably ruin it by refusing to help the team in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop dreaming.  Nothing like that could ever happen around here.

And if it did the front office would still probably ruin it by refusing to help the team in free agency.

No way any proven, successful head coach is coming here... This is a franchise that needs the maximum talent to have a chance...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:07 PM)Tony Wrote: No way any proven, successful head coach is coming here... This is a franchise that needs the maximum talent to have a chance...

This has always been my opinion about Bengals being able to bring a successful HC to Cincinnati as well. 

Doesn't mean they stop looking, but are really restricted to OC's and DC's or unsuccessful HC's looking for a second chance presently. 

Yet great coaches can be found this way but even then if any other team wants them they probably shun the Bengals anyway and go to the proven franchise. 

Will say though that this group of players could make the Bengals a more alluring destination than normal years but still don't see a proven name coming here just yet.   

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No problem. Bill Belichick-like coaches are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to find, right? Rolleyes Also, after Bill's first 3 seasons, his record was 20-28. Hell, he had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons. It's not like he started off as the GOAT. It took him quite a while and during his 2nd stint as head coach before he was considered a great head coach.

Yes, having a great head coach is ideal, but saying we need to find Belichick-like coaches is like saying we need to find Brady-like QBs or James Brown-like 

It's not like we have a choice. We have no control over who the coaches are.

....then I started thinking, what if Marvin had the same trajectory like BB.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:29 AM)jason Wrote: Well it'd have to be a defensive coordinator with a coupla Super Bowl rings, and a prior somewhat successful stint as a HC. I don't know that he's the next anything, but I think that Eberflus dude from Indianapolis would make a pretty good head coach.

Let's be honest though... Taylor will be here for quite some time. I think most other teams would've canned someone with 6 wins in their first two seasons. I'm not some GM, and this is above my pay grade, but in our heart of hearts we all know that they could've done better than Zac Taylor... I'm not referring to Eric Bienemy either.

Agree that there is probably not much chance of a coaching change after this season. By surviving a 6-26 record in first two years shows he is teflon with this seasons record by comparison. 

Admittedly I was all aboard for Bienemy over Taylor during search. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 01:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that there is probably not much chance of a coaching change after this season. By surviving a 6-26 record in first two years shows he is teflon with this seasons record by comparison. 

Admittedly I was all aboard for Bienemy over Taylor during search. 

Thank God we didn't take Bienemy.. He won't get a head coach job again this year. That's Andy Reids offense. Bienemy is not the guy you want mentoring young guys either. Their have been reports that's why he is still a coordinator...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's showing you that coaching in the NFL can be an absolute WEAPON, just like having an all-pro QB can be a weapon.

Don't settle for inadequate coaching. Ask yourself this, is our coaching staff an asset? Do they lift this team up or hold them back?

I was reminded of this when we took a timeout during a freaking TWO POINT CONVERSION then a delay of game then a missed XP.

Clown show.

It so simple to find the next Bill Belichick, no other NFL team has coaching issues, just us.????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, that's not ALL. You can keep looking.

Yeah, but I mean AT THIS POINT it is all we can do. I think every Bengal fan would absolutely love it if under Taylor this year we
made the Playoffs and went on to win the entire thing with him. This would show me that Taylor truly is the answer and can learn
to be a great HC like Billy B. As others have pointed out, Billy B wasn't good either in the win column early in his HC career.
Reply/Quote
It could be worse, we could have this tool:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-jaguars-players-coaches-fed-up-with-urban-meyer-on-and-off-field-173919802.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We could hire one of his two kids? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: How can you not be impressed by what Belichick has done in a Yr or so since Brady left? That D is stout as hell and his two star CBs are undrafted Free Agents!  Then he goes out and drafts a a perfect game manager type of QB like Mac Jones also has these impressive RBs like Stevenson that are mid rounders not to memtkon that moose FB and the O line is top tier....he built it for December /Jan football. They look to be headed deep into the playoffs and not looking into rear view mirrow anymore on losing GOAT.     

The defense was already pretty stout, but missed some key personnel last season due to opt outs, then they were able to get Kyle Van Noy back.  Those two things were pretty significant to their success this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:07 PM)Tony Wrote: No way any proven, successful head coach is coming here... This is a franchise that needs the maximum talent to have a chance...

(12-11-2021, 01:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This has always been my opinion about Bengals being able to bring a successful HC to Cincinnati as well. 

It is almost impossible for ANY team to hire a proven successful head coach.

Pretty much the only head coaches available are the ones who have messed up enough to get fired from their last job.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 12:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just out of curiosity who is the next Belichick that the Bengals should hire next in your opinion ?

It certainly isn't any of his former disciples, as they never pan out for the franchises that hire them.
Reply/Quote