Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Callahan a no go
(01-26-2019, 12:28 PM)McC Wrote: That whole blocking thing has never made much sense to me.  How happy is a guy gonna be if you're forcing him to work for you when he wants to go somewhere else?

Well he did sign a contact   If they fired him I believe they have to pay out the remainder.   Not sure but guessing most coaches don't have their own out clause.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 06:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well he did sign a contact   If they fired him I believe they have to pay out the remainder.   Not sure but guessing most coaches don't have their own out clause.

The possibility still exists for some kind of compensation. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: The possibility still exists for some kind of compensation. 

yep just means we will have to work harder if we want him
Reply/Quote
Earlier in January I would say it was possible that the Redskins would let Bill Callahan out of his contract but now that its February and there are alot less choices for the Redskins to choose from I'd bet against it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Earlier in January I would say it was possible that the Redskins would let Bill Callahan out of his contract but now that its February and there are alot less choices for the Redskins to choose from I'd bet against it.

what do you mean Paul Alexander the Dean of OL, Tapper of Ketchup Bottles is out there.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what do you mean Paul Alexander the Dean of OL, Tapper of Ketchup Bottles is out there.

I get the sarcasm but Jay and PA have worked together and were successful.

Edit: They also drafted 2 guards together that turned out well...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: I get the sarcasm but Jay and PA have worked together and were successful.

Jay was successful in spite of PA, who clearly held this team back for a decade in the run game, and wasn't as great with pass blocking as apologists suggest. The guy got fired after a few games with the Cowboys for a reason, and now he's sitting without a job for a reason. He's not good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what do you mean Paul Alexander the Dean of OL, Tapper of Ketchup Bottles is out there.

He prefers to go by Maestro..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: I get the sarcasm but Jay and PA have worked together and were successful.

all the more reason for Washington to consider him...  I believe alex smith injury and the fact jay coached Dalton for a few years is where the redskins trading for Dalton rumors sprung from
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He prefers to go by Maestro..   Ninja

I hope he can forgive me
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He prefers to go by Maestro..   Ninja

[Image: HarmfulMellowBluet-size_restricted.gif]

Reply/Quote