Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Clinton and BLM
Slick Willie knows how to handle a crowd.

(Note: This description is from the facebook post that linked the video.)

Quote:Clinton told protesters that activists within the Black Lives Matter movement are “defending the people who killed the lives you say matter.”
“This is what’s the matter,” Clinton said, as hecklers interrupted his speech. “I don’t know how you would characterize the gang leaders who got 13-year-old kids hopped up on crack and sent ’em out onto the street to murder other African-American children. Maybe you thought they were good citizens. She didn’t.”
“Tell the truth,” the 42nd president continued. “You are defending the people who caused young people to go out and take guns.”
Clinton’s remarks begin around 4:15 in the video:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-08-2016, 10:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Slick Willie knows how to handle a crowd.

(Note: This description is from the facebook post that linked the video.)

He's very often right.  That's what happens when you defend everyone based on a single trait, in this case ethnicity.  You're going to net a lot of bad examples along with the legitimate ones.  For every Akai Gurley you get a Mike Brown.  Additionally, I do enjoy how people are now acting like Clinton's crime bill was designed to target the black population.  For many he's gone from the first black president to a borderline klan member.  Hindsight being 20/20 and all.  
(04-08-2016, 10:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He's very often right.  That's what happens when you defend everyone based on a single trait, in this case ethnicity.  You're going to net a lot of bad examples along with the legitimate ones.  For every Akai Gurley you get a Mike Brown.  Additionally, I do enjoy how people are now acting like Clinton's crime bill was designed to target the black population.  For many he's gone from the first black president to a borderline klan member.  Hindsight being 20/20 and all.  

And he's the only one anyone really listens to on the subject.  Because:
A) He has the 'D' next to his name (if a Repub says the same thing, masses on the left label them racist)
B) He's the only notable Democrat who's career is over (so he's not afraid of backlash from his voting base) willing to say something and that people actually pay attention to.

Everyone and everything is so polarized these days that Willy is often the only person both Dems and Repubs agree is a recognized "authority"
--------------------------------------------------------

(04-08-2016, 02:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And he's the only one anyone really listens to on the subject.  Because:
A) He has the 'D' next to his name (if a Repub says the same thing, masses on the left label them racist)
B) He's the only notable Democrat who's career is over (so he's not afraid of backlash from his voting base) willing to say something and that people actually pay attention to.

Everyone and everything is so polarized these days that Willy is often the only person both Dems and Repubs agree is a recognized "authority"

He gets a ton of respect and I find he speaks very well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There's a point somewhere to be made about Bill Clinton's war on drugs and private prisons that had had a pretty big impact on poor, black communities. BLM will never find it though, they'll just keep yelling shit that isn't untrue and usually doesn't even make sense. Clinton's criticism of BLM is spot on; however, if Trump said his words verbatim tomorrow, the controversy wouldn't be that he plagiarized Bill - it would be that he's racist.

I think that covers all the angles.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]