Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bill Cosby going to prison!3
3 to 10 years in state prison. If he was white, he would of beat the charges.
(09-25-2018, 05:11 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: 3 to 10 years in state prison. If he was white, he would of beat the charges.

He's old anyways and while I despise what he did. I think it sets a bad precedence to come after someone after so many years have passed.

And if you can point out someone that was white that did the same, show me where they beat the charges? Otherwise you are nothing more than a typical divider.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2018, 05:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's old anyways and while I despise what he did. I think it sets a bad precedence to come after someone after so many years have passed.

And if you can point out someone that was white that did the same, show me where they beat the charges? Otherwise you are nothing more than a typical divider.

He was within the statute of limitations on this one.  All the others were too long ago.

I guess they had enough proof from the trial to convict him so I don't think this is a white/black thing.

But there was just a white guy who strangled and assaulted a woman who got a "pass".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-25-2018, 05:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's old anyways and while I despise what he did. I think it sets a bad precedence to come after someone after so many years have passed.

https://www.newsweek.com/judge-gives-pass-man-who-strangled-sexually-assaulted-alaska-native-woman-1136599

Hilarious
Alas, my hopes to finally see Hollywood green light Ghost Dad 2 are finally dashed.
[Image: 29bfsx.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I was going to respond then I remembered who wrote it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-25-2018, 07:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was going to respond then I remembered who wrote it.

I am getting better about that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-25-2018, 06:08 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/judge-gives-pass-man-who-strangled-sexually-assaulted-alaska-native-woman-1136599

Hilarious

He got that deal because the victim was not available for trial.  Had nothing to do with his skin color

http://www.ktva.com/story/39123509/anchorage-man-pleads-guilty-in-choking-sexual-assault-case

Grannik said he attempted to reach the victim by phone to notify her about the hearing but was unsuccessful. He said had he needed to locate her for the purpose of a trial, he would have needed the assistance of detectives. 

Why do you think that way?  I think it actually sets a strong precedent that no matter how long you avoid justice, it will be served.  In his case, you have a guy who professionally, should be receiving lifetime achievement awards and celebrating his golden years.  Instead, he's now shamed, defamed, and going to pay in prison for the wrongs he's done.  One fact that you can be sure of?  He'll take it to the grave that he didn't get away with it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-25-2018, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do you think that way?  I think it actually sets a strong precedent that no matter how long you avoid justice, it will be served.  In his case, you have a guy who professionally, should be receiving lifetime achievement awards and celebrating his golden years.  Instead, he's now shamed, defamed, and going to pay in prison for the wrongs he's done.  One fact that you can be sure of?  He'll take it to the grave that he didn't get away with it.

Simple,
If a regular joe blow did something like that, the girl would likely never come forward. However, if that Joe Blow becomes famous or a politician of the opposite party, then they are willing to come forward for a sum.
Libel doesn't matter at that point, the damage is done.
Now what I would like to see, is if someone comes forward and tells someone else. Then it turns out to be a lie, I would like to be able to sue the person that lied, the person that made it public and any news organization that slanders the person by calling them a rapist etc.

For Example this guy:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/avenatti-calls-kavanaugh-a-rapist-kavanaugh-says-hes-a-virgin-media-pounces

There is zero evidence and he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but yet this guy and many others are allowed to actually call him a "Rapist" with out any convictions, only a story that is 30+ years old, it's down right stupid and very biased reporting.
And yes it goes for Fox News when they do the same.
I liked that his lawyer said "They persecuted Jesus and we all saw what happened. Not saying Mr. Cosby is Jesus."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-25-2018, 09:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I liked that his lawyer said "They persecuted Jesus and we all saw what happened. Not saying Mr. Cosby is Jesus."

To those of us or maybe some of us a certain age, it kind of felt like that. Not that it was unfair, but Bill Codby was a part of my life since I was a little kid watching Fat Albert.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-25-2018, 07:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Simple,
If a regular joe blow did something like that, the girl would likely never come forward. However, if that Joe Blow becomes famous or a politician of the opposite party, then they are willing to come forward for a sum.
Now what I would like to see, is if someone comes forward and tells someone else. Then it turns out to be a lie, I would like to be able to sue the person that lied, the person that made it public and any news organization that slanders the person by calling them a rapist etc.

For Example this guy:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/avenatti-calls-kavanaugh-a-rapist-kavanaugh-says-hes-a-virgin-media-pounces

There is zero evidence and he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but yet this guy and many others are allowed to actually call him a "Rapist" with out any convictions, only a story that is 30+ years old, it's down right stupid and very biased reporting.

To the bold, I think it's the opposite.

In my experience with sexual assault cases, victims (accusers, whatever your opinon is) come forward much more often when it's just "some guy." In 18 years and hundreds of sexual assault cases, I've only had one person of standing nearly go to trial. It was a principal who beat, raped, tied up, and shot at (fired a shot into the bed) his ex girlfriend. She escaped when his drug binge caused him to pass out. It still didn't go to trial, as she refused to testify because the guy was a principal and she was a teacher... she was afraid it would hurt her career. The only reason is nearly went ot trial was even though she refused to testify, the neighbor was willing to attest that she'd shown up beaten and naked on his porch asking to use the phone because the principal was trying to kill her.
(09-25-2018, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He got that deal because the victim was not available for trial.  Had nothing to do with his skin color

http://www.ktva.com/story/39123509/anchorage-man-pleads-guilty-in-choking-sexual-assault-case

Grannik said he attempted to reach the victim by phone to notify her about the hearing but was unsuccessful. He said had he needed to locate her for the purpose of a trial, he would have needed the assistance of detectives. 

My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.
(09-25-2018, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: To those of us or maybe some of us a certain age, it kind of felt like that. Not that it was unfair, but Bill Codby was a part of my life since I was a little kid watching Fat Albert.

Cry Cry
Is it too soon to make a comment that Bill is about to find out about other people's pudding pops in jail? Ninja

More seriously, regardless of how horrible the things were he did, I think he's still too much of a beloved childhood icon to too many people to really have much trouble in jail.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-25-2018, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: To those of us or maybe some of us a certain age, it kind of felt like that. Not that it was unfair, but Bill Codby was a part of my life since I was a little kid watching Fat Albert.

Here is some wisdom from the junkyard that ol' Bill can take to heart:

(09-25-2018, 07:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Simple,

For Example this guy:

I don't think you realize what you are saying.

Basically your position is that a school teacher could rape your child and you would not be allowed to tell anyone if you didn't have a video or DNA type proof.

You guys are getting carried away in your defense of Kavanaugh.
(09-26-2018, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you realize what you are saying.

Basically your position is that a school teacher could rape your child and you would not be allowed to tell anyone if you didn't have a video or DNA type proof.

You guys are getting carried away in your defense of Kavanaugh.

You fool, you need to have DNA evidence to convince someone of being a rapist...well, unless you want to accuse thousands of immigrants of being rapists because in that case you need zero evidence.  Kavanaugh is a US citizen who isn't dating my daughter, ergo give me some DNA that I can say was totally consensual and she's just mad he didn't call her in the morning.