Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor
Lazor has been the Offensive Coordinator for the Bengals now for two weeks. Teams will now have tape on his tendencies and formations. This week fans will get a glimpse as to Lazor's future with the Bengals and get a better gauge of the improvements (or lack of) in offensive production. The Bill's defense is tough. If the Bengals can score well, then that would be a good sign.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's a great point. The Bills have only given up 1 passing TD all year and we have been bad running the ball.

IF we put up a good offensive performance in this game it would be huge. Frankly, we have the individual skill players to do it.
Reply/Quote
He was an OC for over a year before coming here. Obviously he probably learned and utilized some new stuff but there's already tape out there on him.
Reply/Quote
#LazorFocus boys and girls

The QB whisperer will guide us to the promise land or at least to where KZ couldn't get us, lol
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I have been impressed with his play calling, but then there's also been a few that just left me saying "what the hell?"

There's been very few plays like that, though (a few third downs for example, among others, if I remember correctly), so hopefully it's still just him getting accustomed to the new role.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see what he can do against the Bills. How will this team react? Are they buying what this guy is selling? Are the looking at this game confident? Pumped? Knowing they can do this? Do they trust him? Is he confident enough in his own knowledge of football to press harder on the gas when being told to let up? I mean seriously, how would if look if you won impressively and was canned?

Reply/Quote
He is definitely a big improvement and look forward to see how he does this week.

Think he will surprise.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think you can properly utilized running backs without running the football, IE New England. For years they've had a mediocre running attack, but have utilized their running backs effectiveness through short passes. I think that's part of the reason Brady is still alive and standing. They've found great ways of quick releasing the football, and sparing him any hits.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Bill coached in Miami, im sure he's just as familiar with the Bills defense as they are with him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't worry about the last two game's tape, he was using very little of what is in his arsenal as he still installs his system.....
Reply/Quote
I find it interesting that Stephon Gillmore was a huge FA acquisition from the Bills to the Pats...and one is one of the best in the league defensively and the other is dead last. Weird.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wouldn't worry about the last two game's tape, he was using very little of what is in his arsenal as he still installs his system.....

Interesting point.  

I think with the shock dismissal of Zamp + the players seeming to want some simplicity, clarity from the OC + OLine issues has meant Lazor has probably had to 'cut his cloth' according to what he think is pragmatic right now.

I think we'll see the same this week .vs. Bills...could be a low scoring , defensive game where turnovers / special teams may make a difference so he may keep the quick passing game and relatively conservative approach.

Post bye week I would expect to see some wrinkles...though I don't think we are gonna turn into a Bruce Arians , bombs away type vertical offense anytime soon
Reply/Quote
One thing that bothers me is what Marvin said during his press conference. He said he restricted Lazor's play calling towards the end of the game last Sunday. Does that mean, he wanted to go back to be conservative in the 2nd half or not show to much?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: One thing that bothers me is what Marvin said during his press conference. He said he restricted Lazor's play calling towards the end of the game last Sunday. Does that mean, he wanted to go back to be conservative in the 2nd half or not show to much?

How has Marvin not learned by now that going conservative has led to closer games and losses? Heck, we're 1 game removed from that very thing!

I swear, it's like Marvin WANTS to be fired.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I swear, it's like Marvin WANTS to be fired.

As he should be.

Reply/Quote
This is a must win game for us. I can't wait to see what happens. I'll be there Sunday!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: One thing that bothers me is what Marvin said during his press conference. He said he restricted Lazor's play calling towards the end of the game last Sunday. Does that mean, he wanted to go back to be conservative in the 2nd half or not show to much?

Doubtful. More than likely he didn't want to run up the score on Hue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 05:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lazor has been the Offensive Coordinator for the Bengals now for two weeks.  Teams will now have tape on his tendencies and formations.  This week fans will get a glimpse as to Lazor's future with the Bengals and get a better gauge of the improvements (or lack of) in offensive production.  The Bill's defense is tough.  If the Bengals can score well, then that would be a good sign.

Yeah, but to be fair Lazor has been an OC on other teams so there is more tape than just the last two weeks.

You are right though this will be a nice test to gauge Lazor. Like you said if we can score some points on the Bills we can
score points on just about anybody and with our Defense we could still win a lot of games this year. I picked us to lose this
game though cause of turnovers and the fact our O-line cannot open up holes in the running game or protect Dalton worth
a damn. Hopefully this improves though and Lazor uses some slants, screens and check downs to help out the O-line and
Dalton. We are not going to get the chance to run up the score in this game.

Should be low scoring and hope we can pull out the win.

Still not liking how Marv makes our Offense take our foot off the gas all the time. This is not on Lazor as this has happened
with all our OC's. Marv needs to stay out of Lazor's bidness. Marv is not an Offensive minded coach, leave it to the OC and
let him do his job.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I find it interesting that Stephon Gillmore was a huge FA acquisition from the Bills to the Pats...and one is one of the best in the league defensively and the other is dead last.  Weird.

Pass rush man. One team has one and other doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:13 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think you can properly utilized running backs without running the football, IE New England. For years they've had a mediocre running attack, but have utilized their running backs effectiveness through short passes. I think that's part of the reason Brady is still alive and standing. They've found great ways of quick releasing the football, and sparing him any hits.

For sure and Gio and Mixon are both very talented after the catch.

Use these two and less Hill who makes our Offense predictable.
Reply/Quote