Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Biggest Problem With Packers Game.
Aaron Rodgers scores points and Bengals don't. As good as our defense is, Aaron Rodgers gets points on everybody. Now can our Bengals who have scored only 9 points in 2 games keep up with Aaron Rodgers. Add in Eifert, Hill, Ross are still walking around all gimpy. Eifert has only caught a couple passes this year. He's like boxer with a broken jaw, or glass jaw. Yes, he's like glass anymore. One hit and he limps off the field. Sad, he was pretty good. Eifert is a huge loss to this team because he actually use to score touchdowns. So did Hill. Bengals are really missing their touchdowns in their declining skills due to constant injuries. ...I don't want to see Bengals start 0-3, but Aaron Rodgers is probably going to put up too many points for our offense to match. We haven't even scored one touchdown yet.

OK, that's my last post before this site shuts down tomorrow and moves to another computer site. Hope we all make the change with this thing and we all end up on the new computer site change thing in about a week. I clicked on and saved the Facebook and Twitter sites as Favorites in case I need to get info on the new site. I suggest you may want to save these sites as Favorites also to keep up with this computer site change.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope we score our first touchdown of the year on Sunday. That'd be a nice surprise Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope we score our first touchdown of the year on Sunday. That'd be a nice surprise Big Grin.

The reverse is a horrible thought.  Bengals are tied with the 1937 Eagles for starting season and 2 games with no touchdown.  If Bengals go first 3 games they will make a record so bad it has never been done before and may never be done again. The 2017 Bengals going into history as the worst start in NFL history.  So yes, they could use a touchdown to avoid this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Records are made to be broken and lately Cincinnati professional sports have been pretty good at it. Just keep it in historical context. It was only 476 CE that Romulus was the last Roman emperor.. Soooo much more than the Bengals losing has happened since then. Heck! 1937 was barely a blip in time. My dad was 9. He'll be 89 next month. The Gregorian calendar has scarcely turned a page.  

There...now don't you feel all better now? 
(the internet equivalent of kissing a booboo)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:01 AM)kevin Wrote: The reverse is a horrible thought.  Bengals are tied with the 1937 Eagles for starting season and 2 games with no touchdown.  If Bengals go first 3 games they will make a record so bad it has never been done before and may never be done again. The 2017 Bengals going into history as the worst start in NFL history.  So yes, they could use a touchdown to avoid this.

The 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 3 games without a touchdown as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Records are made to be broken and lately Cincinnati professional sports have been pretty good at it. Just keep it in historical context. It was only 476 CE that Romulus was the last Roman emperor.. Soooo much more than the Bengals losing has happened since then. Heck! 1937 was barely a blip in time. My dad was 9. He'll be 89 next month. The Gregorian calendar has scarcely turned a page.  

There...now don't you feel all better now? 
(the internet equivalent of kissing a booboo)
Ha, Ha, Ha.....We Bengals Fans are getting pretty desperate when have to compare this no touchdown streak and no play-off win streak to no time at all in comparison Roman Romulus of Rome Romulus and the Gregorian calendar, which by the way was not invented by Forrest Gregg.  In the great scheme of time the Bengals bad streaks are nothing if we consider it wasn't that long ago man invented the doughnut, bit into it, broke all his teeth, and discovered he had invented the stone wheel. Then there was Albert Einstein who said time is just an illusion but then wrote the song wondering who makes time with the clock makers daughter while the clock makers busy making time. Yes, when I think in the time and space concept that it wasn't that long ago that Moses, much like today's doctors, said take 2 tablets and call me in the morning, then YES, the Bengals streaks of futility are not as long.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 06:54 AM)kevin Wrote: Aaron Rodgers scores points and Bengals don't. As good as our defense is, Aaron Rodgers gets points on everybody.  Now can our Bengals who have scored only 9 points in 2 games keep up with Aaron Rodgers.  Add in Eifert, Hill, Ross are still walking around all gimpy.  Eifert has only caught a couple passes this year. He's like boxer with a broken jaw, or glass jaw.  Yes, he's like glass anymore. One hit and he limps off the field. Sad, he was pretty good. Eifert is a huge loss to this team because he actually use to score touchdowns. So did Hill.  Bengals are really missing their touchdowns in their declining skills due to constant injuries. ...I don't want to see Bengals start 0-3, but Aaron Rodgers is probably going to put up too many points for our offense to match. We haven't even scored one touchdown yet.

OK, that's my last post before this site shuts down tomorrow and moves to another computer site.  Hope we all make the change with this thing and we all end up on the new computer site change thing in about a week. I clicked on and saved the Facebook and Twitter sites as Favorites in case I need to get info on the new site. I suggest you may want to save these sites as Favorites also to keep up with this computer site change.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the biggest issue with our next game is whether or not our OFFENSE - which has been the weakest link so far this season - can score enough points to win?

As Dr. Watson once said, "No shit, Sherlock."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the biggest issue with our next game is whether or not our OFFENSE - which has been the weakest link so far this season - can score enough points to win?

As Dr. Watson once said, "No shit, Sherlock."

Sure, but nobody wants to see the Bengals start 0-3.  I'm sure Bengals Fans are hoping for a win.  Our defense held Baltimore to 20 and Houston to 13.   The problem is, this is Aaron Rodgers.  He scores on everybody and will probably put up more than 13 or 20 on the board, as good as our defense is.  I don't want to see us start 0-3, but Aaron Rodgers is probably the last quarterback we need to be facing this week.  As one person said earlier, he would be happy if we just get our first touchdown.  Another jokingly said that if you go by the Gregorian calendar these bad Bengals streaks don't seem as bad.  Hard times indeed in Bengals Nation and my hopes would be higher in avoiding 0-3 if it wasn't Aaron Rodgers this week. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Sure, but nobody wants to see the Bengals start 0-3.  I'm sure Bengals Fans are hoping for a win.  Our defense held Baltimore to 20 and Houston to 13.   The problem is, this is Aaron Rodgers.  He scores on everybody and will probably put up more than 13 or 20 on the board, as good as our defense is.  I don't want to see us start 0-3, but Aaron Rodgers is probably the last quarterback we need to be facing this week.  As one person said earlier, he would be happy if we just get our first touchdown.  Another jokingly said that if you go by the Gregorian calendar these bad Bengals streaks don't seem as bad.  Hard times indeed in Bengals Nation and my hopes would be higher in avoiding 0-3 if it wasn't Aaron Rodgers this week. 

Aaron Rodgers has only played against us twice in his career (in 2009 and 2013). His combined stats in those two games are 47 comp 82 att 57.32% comp% 505 yards 2 TDs 2 INT and a 73.5 QB rating.

Yes, Rodgers is a great QB but we've defended him well in the past, we can do it again. He'll definitely be a good barometer on if our defense is actually good this year or is just benefitting from playing against poor offenses.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The biggest problem(s)?

[Image: 635667086490919750-cindc5-6kexwwzrh2q10s...iginal.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:01 AM)kevin Wrote: The reverse is a horrible thought.  Bengals are tied with the 1937 Eagles for starting season and 2 games with no touchdown.  If Bengals go first 3 games they will make a record so bad it has never been done before and may never be done again. The 2017 Bengals going into history as the worst start in NFL history.  So yes, they could use a touchdown to avoid this.

It's two HOME games without a TD. There have been a few teams that have started their first two games without a TD. We just get the prize for doing it at HOME.
Reply/Quote
Ty Montgomery will be the biggest problem
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis!
Reply/Quote
I'm not predicting gloom and doom by any means even though I don't trust the league. 
I'm hopeful Lazer has a few tricks up his sleeve and think he does. Are they enough? Who knows? 
Perhaps the reason our oline has been so horrible is the game planning or lack thereof by Zampese..
We shall see. It certainly can't be worse unless it's somehow mandated that they play horrible, but I'm not prepared to go to that level in the 3rd game of the season. If it were the super bowl or even a playoff game I might, but I don't see extreme meddling in game 3.
I think the offense finds some space and comes to life.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I still think our offense shows signs of life and scores a couple TD's. But our D crumbles and shows us there's more to worry about than just the offense.

GB- 41
CINCY- 17
Reply/Quote
Quote:Sure, but nobody wants to see the Bengals start 0-3.
A LOT of people want the Bengals to be 0-3. They just don't happen to be Bengals fans..
I'm not a mathmetician ,but I do know the difference between 0-2 and 0-16 and we're a long way off from 0-16. This really has to be seen as an anomaly and not a consistent trend unless you're not a Bengals fan..
Despite my propensity to run with the NFL conspiracy theories I'm still a Bengals homer and probably always will be one..lol  
I'm soooo tired of the alleged hero always getting the hot girl at the end of the movie. Just once I want the hero who gets the hot girl to be some toothless old bastard who thinks the league is fixed! Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: A LOT of people want the Bengals to be 0-3. They just don't happen to be Bengals fans..
I'm not a mathmetician ,but I do know the difference between 0-2 and 0-16 and we're a long way off from 0-16. This really has to be seen as an anomaly and not a consistent trend unless you're not a Bengals fan..
Despite my propensity to run with the NFL conspiracy theories I'm still a Bengals homer and probably always will be one..lol  
I'm soooo tired of the alleged hero always getting the hot girl at the end of the movie. Just once I want the hero who gets the hot girl to be some toothless old bastard who thinks the league is fixed! Wink

I'm starting to think this crap is rigged. Did you happen to see the end of the Rams/49ers game?
Reply/Quote