Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery
(05-22-2018, 08:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So by what your posting, when opposing Ds think Lazor is going to wax-on, he will wax-off?

I wrote WAX gutterminds! You can’t wax-a-mole (well, I guess for the sake off discussion we’ll assume you can’t but I’m sure someone has).

Wrong movie :p
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I have a sneaking suspicion that Lazor is going to ultimately end up as our next head coach...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 10:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a sneaking suspicion that Lazor is going to ultimately end up as our next head coach...

Not if Marvin gets us a Super Bowl this or next season, then he's in for another 10 more years.. hyo hyo hyo LMAO
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anything that does not involve Dalton throwing on the run is fine with me.  Dalton moves well but he is not the best at keeping his eyes downfield while he runs.

I agree to a point, but I see difference when a QB has a planned roll out run/pass option versus a pass and then needs to run when protection breaks down. He is athletic more than people give him credit, so I would not mind adding designed run/pass plays added to the offense. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 11:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree to a point, but I see difference when a QB has a planned roll out run/pass option versus a pass and then needs to run when protection breaks down. He is athletic more than people give him credit, so I would not mind adding designed run/pass plays added to the offense. 

Agreed.   He does OK rolling to his right on planned roll outs.  He really struggles on the rare times he rolls to the left.  He struggles when he is forced out of the pocket period.  And to my uneducated eyes he seems to leave the pocket too early a lot of the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 02:01 AM)jorev5 Wrote: 3 oclock high??

Ofc. Love that Movie.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 10:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a sneaking suspicion that Lazor is going to ultimately end up as our next head coach...

..you know what - you might be onto something there
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 02:29 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.   He does OK rolling to his right on planned roll outs.  He really struggles on the rare times he rolls to the left.  He struggles when he is forced out of the pocket period.  And to my uneducated eyes he seems to leave the pocket too early a lot of the time.

When he first got here, he really had issues with getting happy feet and tucking & running too early. It got better over time, but since the 2016 he has slowly been losing all the progress he made on his internal clock, due to our horrible line. Hopefully Pollack can help give him some peace of mind again and get him back in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 06:15 AM)treee Wrote: When he first got here, he really had issues with getting happy feet and tucking & running too early. It got better over time, but since the 2016 he has slowly been losing all the progress he made on his internal clock, due to our horrible line. Hopefully Pollack can help give him some peace of mind again and get him back in the right direction.

You know it Treee, kind of hard to judge him with those poor O-lines but he has panicked way too much in the past.

With a decent O-line he should be more comfortable out there.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 06:15 AM)treee Wrote: When he first got here, he really had issues with getting happy feet and tucking & running too early. It got better over time, but since the 2016 he has slowly been losing all the progress he made on his internal clock, due to our horrible line. Hopefully Pollack can help give him some peace of mind again and get him back in the right direction.

True that.   Even old Uncle Tom gets happy feet when he is consistently pressured.   It cost the Patriots a Superbowl against the Giants.
Reply/Quote
Quote:"The Cincinnati Bengals were two days removed from a season-ending 27-10 victory over the Baltimore Ravens,"

Ummm, wasn't the final score 31-27?

Quote:"He just endured a lengthy press conference that introduced him as the team’s offensive coordinator"

That linked article is dated Jan 3, 2018. So... two days removed... pretty sure that's referencing this past New Year's eve victory.
Yea, the final score was 31-27.  Might wanna fix that.   Smirk

Reply/Quote
Thanks everyone for the kind words and reading!

@wildcats forever: I hope that he remains vague when pressed for details, even though as a selfish fan I'd love to know everything about his offense.

Knowing Bill, he will – until it’s obvious to everyone what happened. He won’t tip his hand. Ever.

@fredtoast - Anything that does not involve Dalton throwing on the run is fine with me. Dalton moves well but he is not the best at keeping his eyes downfield while he runs.

They believe Dalton is a better athlete than most think, so I can see him being moved around if he does it well in their (Lazor, Van Pelt) eyes. Or, maybe it just means they’ll use him more on options and designed QB runs.

@Nate - And of course Joe Mixon.

Thanks! At the end of the day, this is who the “star” is going to be, IMO.

@Bengals67 – thanks! We try!

@Bengalitis - If we can see Dalton do something that we've never seen him do before, THEN I'll be impressed with what the new coach is doing... that's what new coaches were acquired after all right?

Totally fair.

@Go Cards – thanks!

@3WT -  I think that may be because it's going to have to evolve through the preseason and the season itself.

I think so, too. Because you can plan all you want, but you have to see the guys actually do it. I like his manner, personally. The way he carries himself. The way he speaks. Sounds weird, but the last two OCs to have kind of a “way” about them were a part of five playoff teams. It all depends what we see on the field, but I think they have the right guy for this QB, WR and RBs.

@StLucieBengal – re: Chip Kelly.
Unfortunately, time didn’t really allow for it but also, it was a low priority request due to the fact he’s given exactly one interview since becoming the head coach of one of the biggest college programs in the country. So a combo of both?

@grampahol - I don't think there's really any mystery to it outside of just getting the team to play well together and win games.  

At the basic level, yes. Of course. The reason I wrote it how I did was because there is such an intense focus on “What’s changed?!” “What’s different!?” I mean, the team did put the man in charge for a reason. But no one will say. So I avoided that and, hopefully, gave fans some background on the man so when they see it, they may know why it changed or how it’s different.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 08:50 PM)jowczarski Wrote: @fredtoast - Anything that does not involve Dalton throwing on the run is fine with me. Dalton moves well but he is not the best at keeping his eyes downfield while he runs.

They believe Dalton is a better athlete than most think, so I can see him being moved around if he does it well in their (Lazor, Van Pelt) eyes. Or, maybe it just means they’ll use him more on options and designed QB runs.

I have always said that Dalton is a better athlete than many people give him credit for.  The problem was not moving.  It was thinking and moving at the same time.  Looking downfield while runnning.  But as a few people here have pointed out there is a big difference between scrambling and a designed roll out.  If Dalton is not having to improvise he should be fine throwing on the run.  In fact it may make him more effective.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have always said that Dalton is a better athlete than many people give him credit for.  The problem was not moving.  It was thinking and moving at the same time.  Looking downfield while runnning.  But as a few people here have pointed out there is a big difference between scrambling and a designed roll out.  If Dalton is not having to improvise he should be fine throwing on the run.  In fact it may make him more effective.

I can see this and didn’t quite think about it until now. Big difference in concentration between leaving the pocket and escaping the pocket.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 08:50 PM)jowczarski Wrote: @Nate - And of course Joe Mixon.

Thanks! At the end of the day, this is who the “star” is going to be, IMO.

This is my opinion as well Jim.

We will actually be able to see what Mixon has with a decent run blocking O-line that can open up holes.

In college he had great vision, the best to come out in years but we couldn't see this last year. He is also very versatile
with great hands so we can pass or run when he is out there just like Gio. Makes us much less predictable then when
we had Jeremy Hill taking so many snaps.

Joe Mixon reminds me of Adrian Peterson but with great hands.
Reply/Quote
So, you're just going to leave the incorrect score in the source article?
I'd think that would be something you'd want to fix.
Reply/Quote
I think I really like Bill Lazor. He impresses me every time I hear him talk. He's got a great mindset. And I think he has some mad scientist in him too. I think we could have an beastly offense because of him. And we could get a much needed early boost from the fact that no one will have it on film.

As much as I like Lazor, my favorite coach on the staff is Frank Pollack. He is making a believer out of me with what he says. Asked about who will start, he said the players will decide that. Golden.

He holds the coming season in his hands and I think he's up to the challenge. He makes me wanna go block somebody. In fact, I was in the kitchen and I pretended the fridge was the QB and tried to pass block the wife. But she gave me a Deacon Jones and I had to go lay down. The want to was there, though. Just not the able to. In my defense, she hasn't been pouring concrete for thirty five years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: I think I really like Bill Lazor.  He impresses me every time I hear him talk.  He's got a great mindset.  And I think he has some mad scientist in him too.  I think we could have an beastly offense because of him.  And we could get a much needed early boost from the fact that no one will have it on film.

As much as I like Lazor, my favorite coach on the staff is Frank Pollack.  He is making a believer out of me with what he says.   Asked about who will start, he said the players will decide that.  Golden.  

He holds the coming season in his hands and I think he's up to the challenge.  He makes me wanna go block somebody.  In fact, I was in the kitchen and I pretended the fridge was the QB and tried to pass block the wife.  But she gave me a Deacon Jones and I had to go lay down.  The want to was there, though.  Just not the able to.  In my defense, she hasn't been pouring concrete for thirty five years.

I agree on both Lazor and Pollack.

Great motivators, something i don't think we have had at OC and O-line coach in like forever.

BTW, pouring concrete is the worst job besides maybe roofing, either one are terrible and something i always
dread but always seem to have to do once again. Good to know a fellow hard working guy that i pretty much
always agree with on football McC.

Nice post, made me laugh too he he. Blocking the wife is never easy lol
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2018, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree on both Lazor and Pollack.

Great motivators, something i don't think we have had at OC and O-line coach in like forever.

BTW, pouring concrete is the worst job besides maybe roofing, either one are terrible and something i always
dread but always seem to have to do once again. Good to know a fellow hard working guy that i pretty much
always agree with on football McC.

Nice post, made me laugh too he he. Blocking the wife is never easy lol

Pouring concrete over someone can sometimes be rejuvenating. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is my opinion as well Jim.

We will actually be able to see what Mixon has with a decent run blocking O-line that can open up holes.

In college he had great vision, the best to come out in years but we couldn't see this last year. He is also very versatile
with great hands so we can pass or run when he is out there just like Gio. Makes us much less predictable then when
we had Jeremy Hill taking so many snaps.

Joe Mixon reminds me of Adrian Peterson but with great hands.

Believe Mixon has that special "it" factor and could be in for a huge year. 

Which would have to bode well for AJ Green and company. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote