Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bill O'Reilly = Toast
Regarding the title of the OP....
I never would have guessed Fred's secret identity.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
The bigger issue is that no one called for a boycott for being dishonest, unpleasant and agenda driven.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-19-2017, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Took about 1 post before this was Trump's fault. Folks around here are a joke.

As to O'Reilly: Never liked the dude; seemed like a blowhard bully that never admitted he was wrong. Given I didn't watch him too much, but my wife did. She always remarked on the money he donated to wounded warriors.

Absolutely agree, never really cared for him.  He made some decent points at times, but for the most part came across as you described.
The Factor ends now!
Our special needs president chimed in and said bill is a great guy and should of never settled with those woman. Being he did the same thing bill does and even worse, its no wonder he stuck up for him. I've read all of the "Killing" books that Martin Dugard wrote and enjoyed them all. I find it equaling funny that Bill puts his name on these books like he did any of the research or writing. Bill will walk away with 60 million dollars, some loser. All those right wing, old, ugly sexless white men would be better off just buying prostitutes instead of being too greedy to pay for their nooky.
(04-20-2017, 12:14 AM)Benton Wrote: The bigger issue is that no one called for a boycott for being dishonest, unpleasant and agenda driven.

The bigger issue, to me, is that we have companies that will work to hide this sort of thing from the public and are complicit through their actions, or inaction, regarding these sorts of things. It took a campaign of making advertisers aware and putting pressure on them to pull out to get him to face consequences for his actions. I have zero doubt this goes on at many places like Fox News, including CNN, MSNBC, and all of the rest. This one just became publicly known in a big way, but this culture exists in many places and people continue to get away with their actions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-20-2017, 09:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The bigger issue, to me, is that we have companies that will work to hide this sort of thing from the public and are complicit through their actions, or inaction, regarding these sorts of things. It took a campaign of making advertisers aware and putting pressure on them to pull out to get him to face consequences for his actions. I have zero doubt this goes on at many places like Fox News, including CNN, MSNBC, and all of the rest. This one just became publicly known in a big way, but this culture exists in many places and people continue to get away with their actions.

You mean rich people will go to unending lengths to protect anything that makes them money?

Or do you mean men protect men and don't give a dang about any women victims because...men?

I have to find my stunned face around here and put it on.

Do we have a rape culture in America? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Does he get his $13 million back?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-20-2017, 10:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Does he get his $13 million back?

For what?
(04-20-2017, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: For what?

The hush money.  I'd be wanting that back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-20-2017, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The hush money.  I'd be wanting that back.

Oh, the money given to avoid an embarrassingly public lawsuit and trial?

Yeah, no.

Now if he want to go to trial now that he's no longer a "public figure" and get them to say it was all made up and then sue them to get his money back I say go for it.

I imagine we'd all enjoy watching that .
(04-20-2017, 11:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, the money given to avoid an embarrassingly public lawsuit and trial?

Yeah, no.

Now if he want to go to trial now that he's no longer a "public figure" and get them to say it was all made up and then sue them to get his money back I say go for it.

I imagine we'd all enjoy watching that .

Well the  women I've paid off know damn well they aren't to talk to anyone.  

(04-20-2017, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well the  women I've paid off know damn well they aren't to talk to anyone.  

Not sure these talked as much as the payouts were found out after an investigation.

Now the others who DIDN'T settle have made their charges known.
(04-20-2017, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure these talked as much as the payouts were found out after an investigation.

Now the others who DIDN'T settle have made their charges known.

How do you know you have a problem?  When $13 million doesn't cover all the women you've harassed.  

(04-20-2017, 11:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How do you know you have a problem?  When $13 million doesn't cover all the women you've harassed.  

And your boss (Ailes) is willing to cover for you.  Probably because he has the same problem. Whatever 
(04-19-2017, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   Hell, everyone was quick to forgive Bill Clinton for his transgressions against Women...

You have officially lost contact with reality.

A large portion of the country completely lost their shit over Bill Clinton and tried to get him impeached.

That is the complete opposite of "quick to forgive".
(04-19-2017, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Why is it fair to allow one to move on to a career of earning millions, and another to have to lose one?

Mixon judgment was effected by a fit of anger while O'Reilly meticulously planned his actions.

Mixon is not a sexual offender while O'Reilly is.

Mixon did it once and apparently learned from his mistake.  O'Reilly did the same thing over and over and over and over again even after being punished for it multiple times.

Mixon's transgression did not involve an abuse of power.  The law recognizes that people in authority positions should not be allowed to use their power for their own personal gains.  That makes the crime worse.

But to me the biggest difference is the level of hypocrisy attached to O'Reilly.  O'Reilly made a career out of claiming moral superiority and squealing about the "lack of individual responsibility" among the people he opposed.  But all the while he was completely devoid of morals or any shred of "personal responsibility".
(04-19-2017, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about just admitting that you enjoy watching pro athletes do their jobs, regardless of what they did in their personal lives.  And, that you enjoy watching someone go down for similar reasons, because they say things on TV that you don't agree with?

It's really what it boils down to.  Hell, everyone was quick to forgive Bill Clinton for his transgressions against Women...

I have no problem admitting I take absolute joy in seeing this insufferable prick drug over the coals and publicly shamed.  Certainly wish it was under circumstances that didn't affect these women's lives.  This guy stuffed horse**** ideas down the throats of an entire scared, ideologically malleable generation and is partly to blame for the situation we all see ourselves in today.  Who doesn't like seeing a blowhard get his bubble burst?  

Reminds me of the doc 'The Brainwashing of my Dad'.  I highly recommend and would love some others views.  Its on a lot of streaming services right now. 
(04-20-2017, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon is not a sexual offender while O'Reilly is.
Uhm, how is O'Reilly a sex offender?
(04-19-2017, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about just admitting that you enjoy watching pro athletes do their jobs, regardless of what they did in their personal lives.  And, that you enjoy watching someone go down for similar reasons, because they say things on TV that you don't agree with?

It's really what it boils down to.  Hell, everyone was quick to forgive Bill Clinton for his transgressions against Women...

Hilarious

Couldn't be further from the truth my post history can back me up. Ya know facts and substance. I haven't defended a single athlete for abusing women. I love how you try to debunk what I say by diving deeper into the political waters removing us further away from the meat and bones of the discussion.

Oh we are doing this again the same recycled statement? Instead of Mixon it's Clinton (Go figure.) Fred covered it well enough for me. Is that the only way you know how to debate? I said my opinion you haven't responded and side stepped everything I said but it doesn't make your tears any less sweeter obviously you are already missing Bill. Why else would someone keep swinging so hard at the fences for this clown?
(04-20-2017, 10:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Uhm, how is O'Reilly a sex offender?

Posdibly not in the classical sense... but jerkin your shame finger while in your office using your desk phone is, well... offensive?

Whatever. Dudes a tool. Can't wait for his conspiracy theory about how paid protesters made him rub his giblets and touch their milk bags. The entertainment WILL GO LIVE!