Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Parcells QB draft rules...
Bill Parcells has 7 rules for drafting a (IHO) a top college QB.....They are as follows......

Be a three-year starter
Be a senior in college
Graduate from college
Start 30 games
Win 23 games
Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

Burrow has 5 of the 7 though the last 2 he only did for one year so I am not sure how they count that one but we will give him 5

Tua if he comes out this year will have 5, not a Sr. and graduate

Herbert would fit the bill for all 7 categories ( I am assuming he is graduating?)

Love gets 5 of 7...no graduation, not a Sr.

I personally see an upside to trading that number one pick and getting as many picks as possible for this draft...I like Burrow but I am just not sold on him being THE GUY after just one year....Tua is a huge ???? and may even go back to BAMA.....Herbert may be the guy, meets all the criteria and would be a top 10 draftee, just not #1.......Love is the flyer, maybe as late as 3-4th round.....There are others to consider, Fromm, Eason, Newman, Mond and so on.

I would not be unhappy if we trade the pick....To Miami (No 5, 24 and 37, trade value is correct for this)...Draft Herbert at 5....fill OL and LBer spots with the other 1st and 2-2nd round picks....This team needs a lot of help and players....If they live by the draft and not Free Agency and this team wants to turn it over then it needs to be done....The only threat I see to this is the Raiders, they want a QB and have stated they want to move up and they have the capital with 2 1st rounders.

I would like to see the Bengals turn some heads on draft day or prior...Make some moves....Worse case scenario is you get the picks, draft some solid OL and LBer and get your QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to sit behind Dalton for one more year. There are lots of possibilities with this pick and I am just throwing out something to talk about.

Merry Christmas!!
Reply/Quote
Can't get excited about Herbert at all. Guy does not seem to do well under pressure and he doesn't seem comfortable going away from his first read.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can't get excited about Herbert at all.  Guy does not seem to do well under pressure and he doesn't seem comfortable going away from his first read.

I see that also, just have not watched enough to know if it is his line, scheme, coaching, etc. or him in general...He is going to go top 10 so somebody sees something in him.
Reply/Quote
Last year only Brett Rypien and Ryan Finley met all the Criteria.

Top 4 Quarterbacks in the order they were drafted...
Kyler Murray 2/7
Daniel Jones 4/7
Dwayne Haskins 2/7
Drew Lock 5/7 (Second round)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Last year only Brett Rypien and Ryan Finley met all the Criteria.

Top 4 Quarterbacks in the order they were drafted...
Kyler Murray 2/7
Daniel Jones 4/7
Dwayne Haskins 2/7
Drew Lock 5/7 (Second round)

Rypien and Finley were not projected Top 10 picks...Herbert is
Reply/Quote
I am a Burrow fan and will not be mad if we take him at 1. But we are 1-14 and could use a lot of help. So i am all about trading down. We could clean up if we did it right. Load up on picks this year and in the future. First pick on the 2nd day and first pick on the 3rd day are usually hot commodities as well. We should trade those too.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:00 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Bill Parcells has 7 rules for drafting a (IHO) a top college QB.....They are as follows......

Be a three-year starter
Be a senior in college
Graduate from college
Start 30 games
Win 23 games

Burrow has 5 of the 7 though the last 2 he only did for one year so I am not sure how they count that one but we will give him 5

Herbert would fit the bill for all 7 categories ( I am assuming he is graduating?)

I personally see an upside to trading that number one pick and getting as many picks as possible for this draft...I like Burrow but I am just not sold on him being THE GUY after just one year....Tua is a huge ???? and may even go back to BAMA.....Herbert may be the guy, meets all the criteria and would be a top 10 draftee, just not #1.......Love is the flyer, maybe as late as 3-4th round.....There are others to consider, Fromm, Eason, Newman, Mond and so on.

I would not be unhappy if we trade the pick....To Miami (No 5, 24 and 37, trade value is correct for this)...Draft Herbert at 5....fill OL and LBer spots with the other 1st and 2-2nd round picks....This team needs a lot of help and players....If they live by the draft and not Free Agency and this team wants to turn it over then it needs to be done....The only threat I see to this is the Raiders, they want a QB and have stated they want to move up and they have the capital with 2 1st rounders.  

I would like to see the Bengals turn some heads on draft day or prior...Make some moves....Worse case scenario is you get the picks, draft some solid OL and LBer and get your QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to sit behind Dalton for one more year.  There are lots of possibilities with this pick and I am just throwing out something to talk about.

Merry Christmas!!

How many did Tom Brady have?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:32 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Rypien and Finley were not projected Top 10 picks...Herbert is

Makes no sense. he said nothing about top 10 QB??

He said top QB which leaves open for interpretation.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
2018:
Mayfield 7/7
Darnold 2/7
Allen 3/7
Rosen 3/7
Lamar Jackson 4/7
Mason Rudolph 7/7

2017:
Trubisky 2/7
Watson 5/7
Mahomes 2/7
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:00 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Bill Parcells has 7 rules for drafting a (IHO) a top college QB.....They are as follows......

Be a three-year starter
Be a senior in college
Graduate from college
Start 30 games
Win 23 games

I would like to see the Bengals turn some heads on draft day or prior...Make some moves....Worse case scenario is you get the picks, draft some solid OL and LBer and get your QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to sit behind Dalton for one more year.  There are lots of possibilities with this pick and I am just throwing out something to talk about.

Merry Christmas!!

Worst case is you trade the pick and Burrow turns into a HOF QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many did Tom Brady have?

Who?
Reply/Quote

Be a three-year starter 2 in Bama, 1 in Oklahoma
Be a senior in college YES
Graduate from college YES
Start 30 games YES
Win 23 games YES
Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio YES  Finished last year with 32:7, Career 80:19
Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown Finished Last year with 71.8% Career 65.7%

Janel Hurts  7/7..
Reply/Quote
How did Parcells do drafting QBs with those rules?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How did Parcells do drafting QBs with those rules?

Exactly.  Who cares about the rules for drafting a QB from a guy that's had little success at drafting QB's?  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Janel Hurts  7/7..

Most underrated prospect at QB in a long time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Worst case is you trade the pick and Burrow turns into a HOF QB.
Worst case is he becomes a bust.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How did Parcells do drafting QBs with those rules?

(12-24-2019, 04:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Exactly.  Who cares about the rules for drafting a QB from a guy that's had little success at drafting QB's?  

Yeah that Parcels was a terrible Coach.
J24

Reply/Quote

Be a three-year starter
Be a senior in college
Graduate from college
Start 30 games
Win 23 games

Merry Christmas!!

Nice post and I would be down with it if I liked Herbert a lot, problem is, I don't. I like Burrow the best by far even if it was
just one year, the guy is impressive and is so accurate, smart and has good pocket presence and is more comfortable in the 
pocket than Herbert is. Burrow is my pick all the way.

Merry Christmas
Reply/Quote
Bill Parcells was from a different era. Many more QBs used to stick through their senior year in college back then. Hardly any now unless they continue to need development.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:40 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah that Parcels was a terrible Coach.

No coincidence that he never won anything without Belichick as his DC.
Reply/Quote