Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Parcells QB draft rules...
(12-25-2019, 06:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The fact that Herbert hits all 7 rules and has prospect upside but is still not in consideration for the #1 overall pick by your own admission (That and the fact that Ryan Finley also hit all 7 rules...) tells me that the rules are outdated and don't really serve a purpose.

Joe Burrow is a Heisman record breaking QB from a major conference known for great decisions, mobility in the pocket, absurd deep ball accuracy (as well as accuracy in general) with no real weaknesses outside of "not a cannon arm but good enough to succeed in the NFL."

I don't think overthinking this selection will do us any good. Burrow is the man to lead this team into the future. Let's go get it.

WhoDey2
                    \end thread. 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
4 of the 7 are highly dependent on if the QB is a 3 year starter but we are in the age of the Transfer Portal and Transfer Quarterbacks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 01:24 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Indy has been an example twice with Luck and Manning. There are no guarantees that Burrow will be like either of them but he is well worth the risk. Using the 35 million you save by letting Dalton and Green walk you give the possibility of shortening the rebuild by years. 

The problem is that the Bengals do not know what to do with that 35 million like the Colts did and went out and got an offensive line and built up their defense with Free Agency.  What will happen in Cincy is 2 fold.... Top Free agents DO NOT WANT TO COME HERE!! and second MB and family will pocket as much as possible of that money and then be forced to pay out what they have to in contract like Gios and Harts because they were up against the cap rules and had to spend it.  It will never work here...Period...End of story....We will sign Mixon to nice big contract and then nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:18 AM)spazz70 Wrote: The problem is that the Bengals do not know what to do with that 35 million like the Colts did and went out and got an offensive line and built up their defense with Free Agency.  What will happen in Cincy is 2 fold.... Top Free agents DO NOT WANT TO COME HERE!! and second MB and family will pocket as much as possible of that money and then be forced to pay out what they have to in contract like Gios and Harts because they were up against the cap rules and had to spend it.  It will never work here...Period...End of story....We will sign Mixon to nice big contract and then nothing.

Then we're doomed whether we select Burrow or not, so why worry about it?
Reply/Quote
The bottom line is that there are no hard and fast rules on who is going to be successful in the NFL.

The ones that do well are the ones that have the mental makeup and are playing in a system that fits their strengths.
Reply/Quote