Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill obrein next head coach.
I have said before I like O'brien and would love to have him as our next HC. He may not be a HOF coach, but he's an offensive minded coach and a disciplinarian. I would love to see what he could do with AD and this team.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:47 AM)McC Wrote: But, so far, none of them has ever gotten that crucial second chance. 

Hey, at the very least, O'Brien has made us his *****.

So has 90% of the teams not residing in Cleveland.  Mellow

Fwiw...Crennel and Weis did get second chances, and they were awful again with the Chiefs and Kansas respectively.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Most likely will be fired after this year. Yes please! Will make Dalton as good as he was in 2015.

What's the allure of Bill O'Brien?
He's .500 in his career as a head coach.
His best season as a head coach was 9-7. That sounds familiar.
And you might say, "Well at least he has a playoff win, unlike Marvin!" Which is true, however there should be a pretty big asterisk next to it as they beat a Raiders team with Connor Cook as the QB.

Now if you want to consider O'Brien as an offensive coordinator, I'd listen.
O'Brien was the OC for the Patriots in 2011, which was a Super Bowl winning team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What's the allure of Bill O'Brien?
He's .500 in his career as a head coach.
His best season as a head coach was 9-7. That sounds familiar.
And you might say, "Well at least he has a playoff win, unlike Marvin!" Which is true, however there should be a pretty big asterisk next to it as they beat a Raiders team with Connor Cook as the QB.

Now if you want to consider O'Brien as an offensive coordinator, I'd listen.
O'Brien was the OC for the Patriots in 2011, which was a Super Bowl winning team.

Connor Cook would've looked like Joe Montana TJ Yates against a Marvin Lewis team. Just sayin.

I agree with you on O'Brien, but mainly due to his very mediocre record with a very talented Texans team. The defense is stacked with talent. The offense has a legit superstar in DeAndre Hopkins, a guy who has blown away AJ Green over the last few seasons. Will Fuller is an Excellent WR2. Lamar Miller is a decent RB. O'Brien had 2 years of Arian Foster's prime.

He has no QB. That hasn't stopped the Jaguars from being one of the best in the NFL this year. Never stopped the Ravens (pick a year).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So has 90% of the teams not residing in Cleveland.  Mellow

Fwiw...Crennel and Weis did get second chances, and they were awful again with the Chiefs and Kansas respectively.

Okay.  Never mind. The magic doesn't travel cuz the magic is Bill himself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's just what we need...a guy who wasn't good enough for the Texans.

Well the Texans do consistently kick the Bengals a$$. So what does that say?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 11:02 AM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Never mind.  The magic doesn't travel cuz the magic is Bill himself.

Exactly. There might be a good candidate from there eventually, but the track record is awful.

Fwiw, O'Brien himself hasn't been awful, he just wasn't very good either.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 11:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. There might be a good candidate from there eventually, but the track record is awful.

Fwiw, O'Brien himself hasn't been awful, he just wasn't very good either.

Exactly. To me, he's Marvin Lewis or maybe SLIGHTLY better.
And for all the credit Bill O'Brien gets as a QB whisperer, he had to have been a factor in the Texans selling the farm for Brock Osweiler and then subsequently trading him away and giving away a high draft pick after just one year. I'm not 100% sure he'd bring in a truly elite QB to the Bengals or if he would improve a solid QB up to elite.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote