Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Says Armstead Is The Best Fit FA For Us
CBS Sport's Jeff Kerr says that Terron Armstead is 31 but, like Whitworth proved, he can still perform and would be a great fit with us to protect Burrow, which is the only thing preventing us from making another Super Bowl run:

Quote:Here is an excerpt of what CBS Sports’ Jeff Kerr wrote, explaining his reasoning for why the Bengals should pursue Armstead.

“Unfortunately, Cincinnati’s poor offensive line was its untimely demise in Super Bowl LVI. The Bengals need help at the tackle position and have $48.4 million in salary cap space to improve the offensive line. Armstead is the franchise left tackle Cincinnati seeks, allowing just one sack in 263 pass-blocking snaps last season, having an 85.6 pass-blocking grade (fifth-best among tackles last year),” Kerr said.

Kerr continues by noting that Armstead is “one of four offensive tackles to make the Pro Bowl in three of the last four seasons.” While Armstead is older at 31, Andrew Whitworth proved that age doesn’t matter is the skill set is there, and for Armstead, it certainly is.

We have the cap space, so let's hope we follow through on our word of being big players in FA and improving the line!

I know I should know better than to get excited but I can't help it..........
Reply/Quote
Dude is fragile.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: CBS Sport's Jeff Kerr says that Terron Armstead is 31 but, like Whitworth proved, he can still perform and would be a great fit with us to protect Burrow, which is the only thing preventing us from making another Super Bowl run:

We have the cap space, so let's hope we follow through on our word of being big players in FA and improving the line!

I know I should know better than to get excited but I can't help it..........

Writer of the article clearly didn't read Hobson's article on Bengals.com if he thinks the Bengals have $48 mill in cap to spend  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would look to Eric Fisher before Terron Armstead.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 04:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude is fragile.

I didn't know he was Italian.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As others said Armstead is hurt a lot and he would be extremely expensive and we probably couldn't afford to fix the
OL if we just got him. We need RT and RG fixed and possibly Center as well. I think Carman could develop well at LG
but wouldn't mind bringing in a vet Guard here either. Armstead makes these things pretty much impossible.
Reply/Quote