Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson
(10-11-2017, 12:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Thank goodness he was injured in college a couple times, otherwise he's a late first rounder.

Hell, I had him going to the Steelers in my mocks.  Everytime they picked I got real nervous.

So glad your mocks were wrong. 

Would have sucked seeing him chase Andy around. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:19 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: He'll be scouted better and better, but he's a handful.  Got to eventually help Geno and Carlos, too, and I think Willis is just getting started.  They can't double team everybody.

All so true, should be tough on every team we play here on out.

If we didn't have Marv as our HC i say we beat Pitt next game and do it handily even with the refs on their side.

(10-10-2017, 03:31 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: i love Lawson.  many here were really high on him and im glad the Bengals finally decided to go for smaller,  quicker, dlineman, rather than the usual stiffs, Hunt , Clarke,  etc.. i love this defense.

Exactly why i loved hearing what Paulie G said about not necessarily drafting tall guys anymore.

All that matters is if they can get home. Lawson can on anyone it seems and Willis will come around.

Got his first sack of many against the Bills. I thought i would love this Defense this year, they are not disappointing.

Matter of fact might be better than i expected.

(10-10-2017, 07:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To that point, I love the relentless nature of Lawson.  He was chipped by a RB, double-teamed by a tackle and TE, and he STILL got home.  Dude just doesn't give up on the first attempt at blocking him.  Right now, that is becoming contagious.

None of the other, more experienced guys want to get shown up a by 4th round rookie.  Look at Dunlap, MJ, Geno, etc.  They are playing lights out as well.  

Next step?  More INTs from the secondary from that pressure.  Iloka's INT to seal the game was just the beginning. 

Yes, expecting lots of picks as the year goes on with this pass rush...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:19 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: He'll be scouted better and better, but he's a handful.  Got to eventually help Geno and Carlos, too, and I think Willis is just getting started.  They can't double team everybody.

All the good to great pass rushers have tape on them. The just get it done somehow, someway!
Reply/Quote
MJ as a DE was pretty strictly run defense at his size and speed. As a DT he is proving to be something of a mismatch for Guards and as such is helping the DL get penetration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: MJ as a DE was pretty strictly run defense at his size and speed. As a DT he is proving to be something of a mismatch for Guards and as such is helping the DL get penetration.

We all saw it in the 3rd preseason game, Paulie G knows what he is doing and Burney.

Too quick for Guards and Centers but the upper body strength to get it done with MJ.
Reply/Quote