Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billings
(10-09-2017, 06:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: High school girls don't have the medical staff and care that an NFL player does, either.

High school guys come back from meniscus quickly, too. College players, as well. Oh, and NFLers..... Gio tore his ACL way later in the season and has come back looking great. Atkins came back much faster from ACL surgery, too.

Meniscus is nothing in the world of knee surgeries, structural issues, etc.

But I think it's cute you want to make excuses for a grown man. "He must be hurt". Yeah.... those meniscus tears are real career killers  Hilarious Rolleyes You guys realize there have been interviews and articles where Billings has stated he's been back to 100% for quite a while, right? He was never in danger of missing anything in 2017 from rehab or lingering effects. 

Everyone recovers from injuries different. Adrian Peterson should not have had the year he had after his knee injury. It was borderline inhuman. He might actually be a mutant.

Billings is a power lifter. I'd bet that plays a role in this as well since so much of his skill is his power. 
But I think it simply comes down to knowing and understanding his responsibility on this defense.

Again, he's only 21. He's 3 years YOUNGER than Glasgow. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Maintaining gap discipline is critically important for the NT of a defense. If Billings isn't doing that, he won't see as many reps even if he's more physically gifted than Glasgow.

Agree completey about gap discipline you could see by watching Billings in the preseaon he would not maintain his gap and would get washed to one side opening up running lanes. Dave Lapham said the the same thing a few weeks back when asked about Billings and why he was not playing alot , Lance McAlister posted it on his twitter but i coundn't find the link. I think he's still young and this year will be a learning experince.
Reply/Quote
I'm not making excuses. I plainly said he is not the be all end all replacement for Peko some thought he would be. I simply said that could be due to his knee, or the fact his is in his first year ( since some seem to take offense to the word rookie for a guy playing his first year) Hell, he may never be any good, who knows.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe it's because he is a rookie, or maybe it's because of his knee, but he is not the huge upgrade over Peko that everyone touted him to be. Hopefully, he will be, but he has not shown much yet.

Or maybe Pat Sims is just better right now? What is wrong if Sims is better than Billings? Sims was a higher draft pick than Billings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Everybody acts surprised but Jim O was reporting Billings was being pushed around in practice by the second team OL last year before he was injured.

Let me repeat that, pushed around by the BENGALS 2ND STRING OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Everybody acts surprised but Jim O was reporting Billings was being pushed around in practice by the second team OL last year before he was injured.

Let me repeat that, pushed around by the BENGALS 2ND STRING OL.

Yeah people saw Billings powerlifting numbers and thought that he'd just be some unstoppable force. There is much more than weight lifting numbers that tie in.

He'll likely be a bit of a project.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when Geno wasn't Geno the year after his ACL? It's kind of like that. The other thing is Glasgow has played well and MJ has been taking additional reps at DT too.

These are pretty much my exact thoughts on Billings. Didn't expect him to come back and set the world on fire
after having an ACL tear. Should take another year just like it did Geno, he is much younger than Geno was when
this happened to him though. We might be able to see some of the crazy awesome plays we saw in college later
on this year. That is what is so exciting about this Defense, these young guys should just get better and better
with more snaps.

Thought it would take some time with Billings, this does not surprise me. Was cautioning some in the Offseason
actually and i might be the biggest Billings supporter on this board.
Reply/Quote