Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billings
I'm starting to see the light come on a little bit for this guy. He isn't Geno, but he's starting to get some push in the middle.
Sorry to be picking guys out, but just throwing things out that I saw yesterday.
Reply/Quote
remember not only did he miss his rookie season he's also recovering from a knee injury which Im sure isn't easy at his weight......he will be a long tenured run stuffer on our D-line and was great value where we got him in the 2016 draft
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Billings has made vast improvement in the last couple of weeks, or his adversaries have just not been as good. He was in on pressures several times yesterday.... either way, it has to be a confidence builder for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm starting to see the light come on a little bit for this guy. He isn't Geno, but he's starting to get some push in the middle.
Sorry to be picking guys out, but just throwing things out that I saw yesterday.

took geno a good 8 or so games after he came back from his knee to start looking the same as old geno and then the next season it seemed he was back.

Looking forward to hopefully a 100% billings in 2018
Reply/Quote
Billings is coming along. He just needs to keep his eyes up and be aware of the qb or rb. Controlled aggression. He still gets significant penetration, but it doesn't look like he knows where the ball is at times. I expect him to get better in time. It's been good to see him flash.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm starting to see the light come on a little bit for this guy. He isn't Geno, but he's starting to get some push in the middle.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, he’s definitely improving week to week which is all you can ask from a young player who didn’t have the hottest start to his career. I still have pretty high hopes for him
Reply/Quote
The knock on Billings coming out of school was that he would only be a "2 down" dlineman and wouldn't bring anything in the way of pass rush. It seems that his pass rush game might be ahead of his run stuffing game at this point.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Billings got a ton of push up the middle yesterday. He was in the backfield several times.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The knock on Billings coming out of school was that he would only be a "2 down" dlineman and wouldn't bring anything in the way of pass rush. It seems that his pass rush game might be ahead of his run stuffing game at this point.

That always confused me, he has always been a beast in the weight room and watching him in college it clearly translated to the field because he got a crazy amount of push play in and play out. I wanted him for his ability to push the pocket and never noticed him much as a run stuffer. Thought he and Geno could wreck o lines for years to come.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand the 2 down thing for him that was clearly what everyone saw him as. He does look a lot bigger in a Bengals uni then I remember him in college though. Wonder if he’s beefed up much or the green uni just made him look slim. For a 4th rounder if he can be solid at either of those jobs he’ll be a good pick
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That always confused me, he has always been a beast in the weight room and watching him in college it clearly translated to the field because he got a crazy amount of push play in and play out. I wanted him for his ability to push the pocket and never noticed him much as a run stuffer. Thought he and Geno could wreck o lines for years to come.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand the 2 down thing for him that was clearly what everyone saw him as. He does look a lot bigger in a Bengals uni then I remember him in college though. Wonder if he’s beefed up much or the green uni just made him look slim. For a 4th rounder if he can be solid at either of those jobs he’ll be a good pick

Same here bud, he rushed the passer very well at Baylor. Don't understand this so called knock.

The knocks i heard as well were he was short and really young. Neither one of these seemed like a knock at the time or now...

Lowest man wins and he is taller than Geno.

To the OP i am happy to finally see my main guy Billings coming along. Like i said before the season, i didn't expect him to be
that guy i wanted to draft till he got his feet under him after an injury like that and as Xeno spoke, Geno wasn't the same the
entire season after his ACL injury.

Figured it would be around mid season before we would see anything of any real jumping off the film plays like he had in
college. He is actually coming around a little better than i expected honestly.
Reply/Quote
He better just fill his gap and stop trying to make plays, like he did in Denver. He looked really good on a few snaps and I think that is bound to get him benched.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He better just fill his gap and stop trying to make plays, like he did in Denver.  He looked really good on a few snaps and I think that is bound to get him benched.

Man, this is so sad cause this has happened before. Remember when Thornton had to bench himself?

Need to chemo this place, kill it all.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, this is so sad cause this has happened before. Remember when Thornton had to bench himself?

Need to chemo this place, kill it all.

Kroft barely used after his big game in Cleveland.  Gio the same.  Willis blocks a punt, doesn't get snaps at DE.  Boyd makes a nice catch and lunge for a critical first down in Denver, never saw the ball again.  Ross?  Don't get me started.

Yet, on the other side of the coin:  Bodine and Hopkins are probably the worst C and RG combination in the NFL and they never miss a snap, despite guys like Westerman and Redmond being there untested.

I HATE these coaches.  And I only use the word hate when describing things like that team from PA.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: Billings got a ton of push up the middle yesterday. He was in the backfield several times.

Fantastic!  Perhaps we could teach him to play Center?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote