Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Billings Video
I was excited about Billings last year, and then he got the bad break with the injury. I'm pumped again, and can't wait for he and Geno to collapse the middle of that pocket as our defensive ends meet at the quarterback. No stepping up for quarterbacks this year.
Reply/Quote
By the way, nice post.
Reply/Quote
All of that tape or video was against college players. It's still unknown how he'll play against NFL offensive lines. Hopefully just as good if not better, but they still have to prove it against pros.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely looking forward to seeing this guy on the field.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 02:51 AM)Shady Wrote: I hear you. Billing is going to be a force.

But don't forget about this guy.

Love me some WJIII...

The only think that worried me a bit about him is that he appeared to try and "bait" QBs to throwing his way, by being just a bit behind the receiver, but then he would speed up, leap, and make a play on the ball.  On multiple plays, I kept saying to myself "that's a TD in the NFL".  Maybe it works out best that he had all this extra time to learn where the Bengals want him to play.  The guy has an uncanny knack for getting his hands on the ball, and that is a skill that is tough to teach.  

He has the speed, length, and play-making ability to be a top tier corner in the league for a long time.  I am very anxious to see him as well, but as the old saying goes:  "It all starts up front".  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 05:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: All of that tape or video was against college players. It's still unknown how he'll play against NFL offensive lines. Hopefully just as good if not better, but they still have to prove it against pros.. 

Same can be said for every single draft pick technically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I truly hope Billings and Jackson live up to their hype.... but for me I'm not going to get excited until they actually get on the field....
Reply/Quote
cant wait to see him this upcoming season! so glad peko is gone
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I truly hope Billings and Jackson live up to their hype.... but for me I'm not going to get excited until they actually get on the field....

Well I am!

The way Billings splits double teams, penetrates and pursues I am way excited.

It may take him the first 3-4 games of the season coming off an injury and not playing for a year, but I think the guy has incredible potential.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 02:31 PM)3wt Wrote: Well I am!

The way Billings splits double teams, penetrates and pursues I am way excited.

It may take him the first 3-4 games of the season coming off an injury and not playing for a year, but I think the guy has incredible potential.

There's no doubt the potential is there. But he has to get on the field first. Same with Jackson. Staying healthy is #1. Some players are never able to do that in the NFL regardless of potential. Not saying that is the case here, but I'll wait to see....
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 05:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Willis and Lawson can do what I think they can in comparison to MJ on pass rushing downs, we could have the best front four...

ThumbsUp

Definately possible, these guys are much better pass rushers than MJ in every way. They have bend and all the pass rush
moves. What is really cool is with Lawson also being able to play SAM we could rush all five of these guys at once...

Good luck blocking that...

(06-21-2017, 06:41 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I cannot wait until we get to see Billings in regular season action! On draft day, I yelled at the tv every round we didn't take him, lol. One of my favorite college players, ever.

Same here, even though i thought the first two rounds were solid i wanted Billings more than both MJ3 and Boyd and was
majorly pizzed when we took Vigil. Couldn't believe he was there in the 4th and then we took him, kind of felt the same as
this year getting Lawson in the 4th but i liked Billings for what we needed even more so it was much more elation when we
got Billings right in front of the Steelers.

Getting WJ3 and Billings in the same draft to me is still crazy. I had first round grades on both of them and wanted Billings
before WJ3. This was nothing against these players, just how much i like Andrew Billings. I wanted to see this guy paired
with Geno Atkins to see what this would do to the league.

Love the Vigil pick now too.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I truly hope Billings and Jackson live up to their hype.... but for me I'm not going to get excited until they actually get on the field....

Totally your call, but when you are out with a woman, and she's giving you all the signals, and she's had a couple glasses of wine....

Are you not enjoying yourself at that point?  Well, WJIII and Billings have put together tape that shows them making plays that we haven't seen from anyone not named Atkins (and, frankly, none of our DBs have....) when in college.  They had an injury stumble their rookie season and they are determined to get on the field now.  

It's your call, bud, but I would be enjoying this as it comes.  These two are like having two new top 50 draft picks from this year's draft class, but they have had a year to at least observe the schematic and understand their role.  

I could not be more excited to see these guys with the likes of Willis and Lawson terrorizing teams from the outside while Atkins and Billings blow up the middle.  

No, they haven't done it against NFL talent, but I have every reason to believe that they will be tremendous upgrades on our team.  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately possible, these guys are much better pass rushers than MJ in every way. They have bend and all the pass rush
moves. What is really cool is with Lawson also being able to play SAM we could rush all five of these guys at once...

Good luck blocking that...

Same here, even though i thought the first two rounds were solid i wanted Billings more than both MJ3 and Boyd and was
majorly pizzed when we took Vigil. Couldn't believe he was there in the 4th and then we took him, kind of felt the same as
this year getting Lawson in the 4th but i liked Billings for what we needed even more so it was much more elation when we
got Billings right in front of the Steelers.

Getting WJ3 and Billings in the same draft to me is still crazy. I had first round grades on both of them and wanted Billings
before WJ3. This was nothing against these players, just how much i like Andrew Billings. I wanted to see this guy paired
with Geno Atkins to see what this would do to the league.

Love the Vigil pick now too.

It's funny, Boyd also had some first round grades....I mean, dude broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at pitt, and with a shitty QB.  He was the only one that get much time last year.  

Love the thought of a blitz with Lawson coming off SAM.  I know Paulie was given the task of coming up with some of the blitz packages for Zimmer, but it didn't appear to click with the personel we had at that time.  Now, I could see real options for him.  Of course, I have to say that I would love to see my guy Fej blitz from the safety position.  

I think Vigil will be a real asset this season.  Teams will not have time to challenge the Bengals down the field, so covering the check downs and TEs will be critical.  Burfict and Vigil in nickel sure sounds better than Vinny Rey and Maualuga.  I have to admit I almost threw a brick through my TV when they announced Vigil as the third round pick when Billings was still on the board, but I sobered up quickly when they got Billings a round later.  Kind of like what happened this year with Willis?!?!
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 05:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Totally your call, but when you are out with a woman, and she's giving you all the signals, and she's had a couple glasses of wine....

Are you not enjoying yourself at that point?  Well, WJIII and Billings have put together tape that shows them making plays that we haven't seen from anyone not named Atkins (and, frankly, none of our DBs have....) when in college.  They had an injury stumble their rookie season and they are determined to get on the field now.  

It's your call, bud, but I would be enjoying this as it comes.  These two are like having two new top 50 draft picks from this year's draft class, but they have had a year to at least observe the schematic and understand their role.  

I could not be more excited to see these guys with the likes of Willis and Lawson terrorizing teams from the outside while Atkins and Billings blow up the middle.  

No, they haven't done it against NFL talent, but I have every reason to believe that they will be tremendous upgrades on our team.  

I didn't say I wasn't looking forward to watching them play and enjoy it, I just said I'm not getting overly excited until they prove they can stay healthy. Both have great college tape. Neither has taken an NFL snap yet. Because I'm not labelling them the best thing since sliced bread does not mean I am not looking forward to them hitting the field. I'm just tempering my expectations.....
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2017, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't say I wasn't looking forward to watching them play and enjoy it, I just said I'm not getting overly excited until they prove they can stay healthy. Both have great college tape. Neither has taken an NFL snap yet. Because I'm not labelling them the best thing since sliced bread does not mean I am not looking forward to them hitting the field. I'm just tempering my expectations.....

Like I said, it's your call buddy, but I love the feeling I have about this defense.  I get giddy just thinking about them.  Having been around long enough to have seasons where I had to really struggle to think of how the team could reach six wins, I am loving this.  Labels don't mean anything.  I am just excited to have them on our team and I see great things for them in the future.  
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2017, 01:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like I said, it's your call buddy, but I love the feeling I have about this defense.  I get giddy just thinking about them.  Having been around long enough to have seasons where I had to really struggle to think of how the team could reach six wins, I am loving this.  Labels don't mean anything.  I am just excited to have them on our team and I see great things for them in the future.  

I see 11 or 12 wins this season..... if everyone stays healthy....
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2636848.amp.html

They musta seen the future about his meniscus lol but let's hope he's stronger and quicker then ever
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Appreciate the link.
I had to watch over and over to be certain I actually saw him chase down that WR ! Shocked
Reply/Quote
2016 draft could become a great draft class. Underrated like 2011. If the 2017 class can provide future starters like the 2012 class brought, we could have another strong 3 or so year run. Those were franchise changing back to back drafts.

Drafts good enough to cover some of our misses in the years that followed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
 Look at these 3 plays:

3: 20 mark..Yeah, tell me he can't move

4:07 mark.. Remind you of anyone we already have?

5:37  mark..Dude is a bulldozer..A bulldozer who can move!

Domata Peko,,thanks for the memories

Andrew Billings, let make some new  and better ones!

Who-Dey !!
Reply/Quote