Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
(08-15-2016, 08:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Of course it's true. IF he would have had surgery in February he would be playing now!

No doctor would have done surgery in February, because it is apparently not the proper treatment path.

As I stated before, plenty of doctors and surgeons were interviewed after the surgery news was announced, and they all said the same thing about the treatment: give it several months to heal naturally, in the event that it does not take on its own THEN surgically cut the remainder of the tendon from the bone, shorten it, and re-attach it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No doctor would have done surgery in February, because it is apparently not the proper treatment path.

As I stated before, plenty of doctors and surgeons were interviewed after the surgery news was announced,  and they all said the same thing about the treatment: give it several months to heal naturally, in the event that it does not take on its own THEN surgically cut the remainder of the tendon from the bone, shorten it, and re-attach it.

Great program for a mall walker.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No doctor would have done surgery in February, because it is apparently not the proper treatment path.

As I stated before, plenty of doctors and surgeons were interviewed after the surgery news was announced, and they all said the same thing about the treatment: give it several months to heal naturally, in the event that it does not take on its own THEN surgically cut the remainder of the tendon from the bone, shorten it, and re-attach it.

What's the old saying? The only minor surgeries are those performed on someone else? I love how football fans like to dictate what someone does regarding their own health.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:22 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Good to hear it worked for you.  With Billings' pronated knees he is prone to meniscus tears from what I have read and from my experience with a long-time friend who played division I volleyball who had ongoing meniscus issues/surgeries.  Especially prone to medial meniscus tears.  It will be interesting to find out which one it was with Billings - if we ever do.  I hope our unparalleled medical/training staff has a specific plan for rehabilitation and methods for mitigating the issue in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by pronated knees. Do you mean a genu valgum deformity?  This is just a guess, but I would say medial meniscal tears are more common than lateral tears because guys get hit on the lateral side of the knee and the valgus stress tears the MCL along with the medial meniscus. Same when someone plants his foot and pivots, valgus stress on the knee. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Of course it's true. IF he would have had surgery in February he would be playing now!

Tell you what, look up the treatment and prognosis for a Grade III ankle sprain and let me know what you find. 

It's going to say for the vast majority of Grade III ankle sprains conservative treatment is indicated followed by surgery if the ligament doesn't heal as it usually does in most cases. (That's exactly how Eifert was treated and why I believe it is a Grade III sprain.) It will also say surgery is rarely indicated. 

If you find something that indicates differently I would like to read it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 06:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How was Billings looking in camp? anyone know if he looked to be a lock as a starter or consistent rotational player from game 1?

The word was "would see little playing time in his first year"....
Reply/Quote