Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Be A Battle For Practice Squad QB
The QB that finished the game looked better than the QB before him. Now neither will challenge Dalton or McCarron, but in case of an injury, it is important. Now I could be wrong and the film may show the 3rd QB used wasn't that bad. I'm just going on the comments of Anthony Munoz who saw college mistakes in the 3rd QB used, but saw some NFL play out of the 4th QB used....Lets see what they do this next game.....Since they are both green, may the better player win the job. Let them earn it in practice and on the field. Keeping in mind that in case of injuries, whoever we keep may become a big decision later in the season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Better yet, send them to Cleveland to add to their list of QB's. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If I were Licata, I would want to get a PS offer from Dallas.

When Romo inevitably gets hurt, you have the opportunity to push (and possibly surpass) Prescott for the gig...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The little I've seen of Wenning, looks like the game is just too fast for him. Not sure that's ever going to improve since it's his second year in the system and still holds on to the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
I would definitely play Licata ahead of Wenning against Detroit and see what he can do. If he outplays Wenning, then I think he gets the PS spot here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 04:45 PM)kevin Wrote: The QB that finished the game looked better than the QB before him.  Now neither will challenge Dalton or McCarron, but in case of an injury, it is important.   Now I could be wrong and the film may show the 3rd QB used wasn't that bad.  I'm just going on the comments of Anthony Munoz who saw college mistakes in the 3rd QB used, but saw some NFL play out of the 4th QB used....Lets see what they do this next game.....Since they are both green, may the better player win the job. Let them earn it in practice and on the field.  Keeping in mind that in case of injuries, whoever we keep may become a big decision later in the season.

Licata looked much better than Wenning no doubt about it.

Made cutting the other UDFA QB make a little sense. Even though i liked that guy.
Reply/Quote
Did either of them puke on the field?
Reply/Quote
Wenning certainly didn't do anything in the 1st game to cement his position on the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote