Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
(08-10-2016, 09:31 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The way this Medical staff dropped the ball with Eifert, I'm gonna bet he is gone for the season. Draft class is dropping like flies..... Except for Nick Vigil.....He is immortal.

But they didn't.

Every sports doctor interviewed about it by every NFL media source said the same thing, give it time to heal naturally and only do surgery if it fails to take on its own.

Even then Eifert didn't have to have the surgery and could have been in camp right now, but there would be a significant increase in the risk of sprains.

Thus the current situation, repair the tendon surgically to have him healthy for the long run instead of dinged up and less than 100% all season and possibly unable to play in the post season...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Somebody wake me from this off season injury nightmare

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bogosity of a most immense nature. Sad

This is the rookie i had the most confidence in and thought he would be the DT next to Geno to take
us to the promised land. This is very vague in what i am hearing which usually means bad news.

Normally i am a homer but this one hurts my confidence on this year even if he is a rookie.

Peko is still Peko and Sims was disapointing last season. Deshawn Williams i am hoping shows up.

DE rotation was already a big question and now our most talented young DT goes down?

Not gonna sound optimistic here.
Reply/Quote
Oh for ***** sake
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's either not going to miss time or the guy who takes his place is going to be better than he is.  BANK ON IT

You forgot the "this is actually a good thing because he can learn the playbook and the NFL game, then come back next year" and "successful teams never play rookies anyway" Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You forgot the "this is actually a good thing because he can learn the playbook and the NFL game, then come back next year" and "successful teams never play rookies anyway" Ninja

**** that shit even if it was ninja...

Different with Kroft and Uzi but this blowz if he is out for the year and takes away my thoughts of a Playoff victory.

Geno cannot do it all.
Reply/Quote
Devon Still anyone???
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:33 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Devon Still anyone???

he's a Texan...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: **** that shit even if it was ninja...

Different with Kroft and Uzi but this blowz if he is out for the year and takes away my thoughts of a Playoff victory.

Geno cannot do it all.

I simply can't follow your line of thinking on this one.
Reply/Quote
I didn't have much confidence in our backup Dline before this injury and now I have less. We supposedly use a "rotation" but yet only have 3 legit pass rushers(and that's being nice because MJ could be considered a run only player).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: **** that shit even if it was ninja...

Geno cannot do it all.

Definitely blows !  

Will not go as far as to say Bengals will not get a playoff victory because of it though.

But if the injuries keep coming it will make it tough. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My hypothesis is that these new training camp rules negotiated by the NFLPA to not have as much contact in camp, and shorter camp...no more two a days...which were in theory supposed to help players stay healthy, are actually having the opposite effect. When the players have not been going hard, hitting, and getting into game shape, their bodies are not as ready for it when they do. Kinda like how you should let your kid go outside and get dirty when they are little, not keep wiping them off with antibacterial wipes every 10 seconds so they build up some immunity. Bring back two a days and Oklahoma drills dammit!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 09:31 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The way this Medical staff dropped the ball with Eifert, I'm gonna bet he is gone for the season. Draft class is dropping like flies..... Except for Nick Vigil.....He is immortal.

Amazing how once someone says something really stupid, it keeps getting repeated over and over again. Eifert is not being treated by "this medical staff", he was treated by Dr. Robert Anderson, one of the top foot and ankle guys in the country. Give it a freakin rest already with the Bengals medical staff bashing. And for all those gloom and doomers talking about Billings, it's not like we just lost Geno Atkins, Billings has yet to take a snap and hasn't proven anything.....
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:34 PM)jeremydc Wrote: source?

No source, just the odds are ACL.  I hope it isn't, but everyone is just guessing until MRI
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: My hypothesis is that these new training camp rules negotiated by the NFLPA to not have as much contact in camp, and shorter camp...no more two a days...which were in theory supposed to help players stay healthy, are actually having the opposite effect. When the players have not been going hard, hitting, and getting into game shape, their bodies are not as ready for it when they do. Kinda like how you should let your kid go outside and get dirty when they are little, not keep wiping them off with antibacterial wipes every 10 seconds so they build up some immunity. Bring back two a days and Oklahoma drills dammit!

Maybe in some cases, but not in this one. This was a contact injury meaning the contact itself caused the injury. I agree though that some of the non contact injuries are due to lack of off season programs and the different camp format.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 06:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: So now Hardison or Williams get to show what they can do. One definitely makes the roster, one to the PS. Then Billings gets a redshirt year to learn the playbook and settle in, and comes back for a momster year next year as we let Peko go.

At this rate, Peko will be the NFL's oldest starting DT. He'll be cashing Social Security checks and breaking necks.

Mellow

Seriously though, if Peko does want to keep playing, he's got at least two seasons if Billings doesn't get on the field for at least half of this one. No way do we let him walk without seeing at least 8 straight games from someone else with a decent amount of playing time.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No source, just the odds are ACL.  I hope it isn't, but everyone is just guessing until MRI

Sad

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 09:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: Maybe in some cases, but not in this one. This was a contact injury meaning the contact itself caused the injury. I agree though that some of the non contact injuries are due to lack of off season programs and the different camp format.

I was speaking to the more general rash of injuries we seem to be suffering than just this particular injury. My hypothesis still stands. Look around the league at the number of injuries in camps. Maybe it is just getting reported more, but it seems to be happening all over. Someone can look up the stats of injuries suffered in camp prior to the new format vs now and prove me wrong, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Reply/Quote
For all the Peko bashers.

Hope none of us get to feel what it is like to not have him this year.

Thought he played really well last season and has always been a defense leader.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 11:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: For all the Peko bashers.

Hope none of us get to feel what it is like to not have him this year.

Thought he played really well last season and has always been a defense leader.

he is definitely undervalued by many. I was really hoping this was the year that he started taking more of a back seat to the new guys but it doesn't look like that will be a luxury we will have. Here's to hoping he stays healthy and produces the same as he did last year. If he does, we can weather this injury to billings. If not, someone else had better emerge in his place.

Reply/Quote