Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Billings to browns
(03-19-2020, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm picturing that scenario in my head haha.

"Hey, me. We're gonna be going in another direction. You just aren't cutting it anymore..."

"Oh yea? Well I'll just go to your competitor! How do you like that?!"

Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Stinks to lose him, especially to them, as I thought his play was starting to turn the corner...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After the 2018 preseason games I thought he was gonna be Warren Sapp 2.0 then he disappeared the first few games of regular season. He's since come back to be ok but never really got far above that. I'd wish him well butt.......
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:31 PM)McC Wrote: I know.  It was a poor attempt at humor.

And btw, I am my organization and though I may have thought about it a time or two, I don't think I'll ever fire me.

(03-19-2020, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm picturing that scenario in my head haha.

"Hey, me. We're gonna be going in another direction. You just aren't cutting it anymore..."

"Oh yea? Well I'll just go to your competitor! How do you like that?!"

(03-19-2020, 04:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You can’t fire me, I quit!

And I was the one who ate your sandwich !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: After the 2018 preseason games I thought he was gonna be Warren Sapp 2.0 then he disappeared the first few games of regular season. He's since come back to be ok but never really got far above that. I'd wish him well butt.......

Yeah I remember watching that and thinking "Damn Geno and him are going to be a terror!"

Now just imagine him with Reader doing that in regular season... ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the coaches believe we have seen Billings' ceiling....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the coaches believe we have seen Billings' ceiling....

And if we’re being unbiased they have a good record judging Defensive lineman talent.

Couple years ago when it was either Dunlap or MJ they chose correct and gave Dunlap the deal, MJ never had another great year. Drafted Geno, drafted Hubbard who imo has had a decent career for a young pass rusher, haven’t overpaid for anyone on the line since I’ve been a fan. Unless you could Antwan Odom but Odom was solid before injury that year

I’m willing to trust their judgement that Billings won’t get much better
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the coaches believe we have seen Billings' ceiling....

Tupou will be a much less expensive option for now and they like what they have seen out of him, especially since Wren got next to no shot because of Tupou.  I would say that was a big reason in letting Billings go....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/11/20/20972580/bengals-weekly-lineman-josh-tupou-solidified-his-development-in-oakland
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tupou will be a much less expensive option for now and they like what they have seen out of him, especially since Wren got next to no shot because of Tupou.  I would say that was a big reason in letting Billings go....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/11/20/20972580/bengals-weekly-lineman-josh-tupou-solidified-his-development-in-oakland

Had to be, and according to PFF Tupou had a very good year last year and now he can learn from the best in Reader. Cool
Reply/Quote
Normally this would be a bummer. Until now
Reply/Quote