Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billionaire's Foundation Court Win Eliminates My Student Loan Forgiveness
Can't conservatives just pretend that I'm Trump and then pretend that my student loan debt is the bill for my endless legal costs?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:37 PM)Housh Wrote: For the life of me i cannot understand the “screw everyone else, because i paid off my loans” mindset. It’s childish and is yet another way to help the economy that conservatives are against....
“No one should get a holding penalty because one time i got held and they didn’t call it.”
“No one should get Chemotherapy because my mom died from cancer”
“No one should get Medicaid because my jobs insurance won’t cover my operation”
“Women shouldn’t have the right to vote because my great grandma couldn’t vote”

Reminds of the story of Solomon and the two women who come to him with a live an a dead baby, arguing over whom the live baby belongs to.

Solomon says cut the baby in half and give each half. First woman says "ok" and the second says "No, let it live. Give her the whole." Solomon judges the second the real mother.  The mindset you are talking about reminds me of the first mother in that story. "If I can't have that baby then no one should have it."

Worse still, Stumping for a local Democrat some years back, I met a woman who said she was Democrat, but she was leaning Republicanbecause of  all the illegal immigrants coming to the U.S and getting freebies.

I said that if the Repubs get Congress and the executive, they might stop illegals and ship millions out of the country, but they'll go after your social security and medicare too.   

Her response was "We have to start somewhere"--meaning she'd give up her SS and Medicare if it stopped illegals from getting even a small but undeserved piece of the national pie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote