Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian missle reportedly hits Poland, kills 2 people
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/russian-missiles-crossed-into-poland-killing-two-u-s-official/

Well. Nice knowing everyone.

Quote:.A senior U.S. intelligence official says Russian missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, killing two people.

Polish government spokesman Piotr Mueller did not immediately confirm the information, but said top leaders were holding an emergency meeting due to a "crisis situation."

Polish media reported that two people died Tuesday afternoon after a projectile struck an area where grain was drying in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine
Reply/Quote
I don't think this escalates into the full blown thing (Article 5 invocation) people think it will. I think what this will do though is ratchet up the weapons that Ukraine is receiving, and could even include the F-16's we have been hesitant to provide up until this point.
Reply/Quote
When is the last time Russia did anything right?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 05:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When is the last time Russia did anything right?

The 2016 election?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 05:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When is the last time Russia did anything right?

1917. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Sputnik I guess. Nothing since Gagarine.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Well, that's not optimal.

A lot of what I read earlier today agrees with what Au165 said that it *probably* won't result in article 5 being enforced but will be an opening to sending more and better weapons.

Russia is a mess...and they have nuclear weapons. Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a06a17grmqu709d2h1...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Now there are doubts it came from Russia. Reports out there are saying this is a Ukrainian defense missile.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Now there are doubts it came from Russia.  Reports out there are saying this is a Ukrainian defense missile.

Confirmed by Nato Chief now.

Paraphrasing Nato Chief:
A Ukrainian accident, but NATO still blames Russia because if for no illegal war in Ukraine, there would have been no Polish accident.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: Confirmed by Nato Chief now.

Paraphrasing Nato Chief:
A Ukrainian accident, but NATO still blames Russia because if for no illegal war in Ukraine, there would have been no Polish accident.

It's like felony murder.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 04:19 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/russian-missiles-crossed-into-poland-killing-two-u-s-official/

Well. Nice knowing everyone.

(11-16-2022, 12:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: Confirmed by Nato Chief now.

Paraphrasing Nato Chief:

Quote from article in OP says "Senior US Intelligence Official", US Intelligence not looking very intelligent by jumping the gun like that..

To second, I agree.  If Russia not foolishly aggressing on Ukraine, no Ukranian rocket goes to the wrong landing spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote