Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fan Here...
Hello, and good luck this Sunday.

I’ve started this thread to promote discussion (not necessarily trash talk, but do what you must) of this Sunday’s game, and to clear up a few misconceptions I read on your board.

First off, you’re all visiting the WRONG forum for real Bills discussion.  There’s no forum like The Stadium Wall over at twobillsdrive.com.  Here’s the link:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

Now, onto what you need to know about the Bills for this Sunday.

Offensively…

The skill position players are very good.  No joke.  Sammy Watkins is a stud; don’t let the middling numbers from his rookie year fool you.  He had over 900 yards and 6 TDs (quite comparable with AJ Green and Julio Jones as rookies) playing in Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett’s offense, with Kyle Orton at QB.  He needs to be doubled or have coverage rolled to him at all times.  Let me put it this way: the Colts have Vontae Davis, one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL, and they covered Sammy with Davis AND a safety over the top about 90% of the time.

Behind Sammy, Robert Woods and Percy Harvin have been consistently getting open against single coverage.  Marquise Goodwin is one of the 3 fastest players in football (behind only Chris Johnson and Dri Archer), and needs to be accounted for when he’s in the game (I’m sure you all remember his last-minute TD to tie the game against Cincinnati two years ago).  Chris Hogan is an underrated athlete who can make plays.

Charles Clay has been a great get as a FA, as he’s been a reliable safety valve.  There were plays last week where Tennessee was triple-covering Clay (you can do that with Sammy out of the lineup).

The RB position has been racked with injuries, and it looks like we’ll be down at least Karlos Williams this Sunday, which takes the “hammer” element out of the run game.  Shady seems more likely to play than I might have expected, which is a huge bonus, as I’d be worried about Boom Herron carrying the load.  Nevertheless, this team can run the ball pretty reliably, averaging 4.3 YPC, which ranks 8th in the NFL.

The offensive line is pretty solid from LT to C, but weakens as you move toward the right side.  Rookie RG John Miller has been a roller coaster, while second-year RT Seantrel Henderson has underwhelmed to say the least.  If I’m Paul Guenther, this is where I’m attacking Buffalo’s front.

QB-wise, Taylor has been exciting, though erratic at times.  He is an exceptional athlete, and has a very, very good deep ball.  If he’s healthy, he’s a real dual-threat.  Amongst starting QBs, he ranks 11th in YPA and 7th in passer rating and completion percentage.  If he can’t go, the drop off to EJ Manuel isn’t huge, but they are definitely different players.  EJ can’t kill you in the run game, but he’s almost Big Ben-like in his ability to extend the play.  He’s also got a terrific deep arm, though it seems his release isn’t quite as quick as Taylor’s.  He does, however, hit the seam throws better than Taylor does.

Defensively…

The defensive line needs no introduction.  They are all dominant in their own ways.  Jerry Hughes is a force on the edge; he absolutely owned Joe Thomas to the point where Cleveland was giving the best LT in the game help against him.  Dareus is a monster against both the run and the pass.  Kyle Williams looks like your typical lunch-pail guy, but watch him drop into coverage and chase down Marcus Mariota at full-stride, and you know he’s an athlete.  Mario Williams is an anchor against the run, and needs to be doubled in pass-protection.  In short, these four are the biggest reason this team is 7th in yards/carry allowed, 4th in yards/pass attempt allowed, and 6th in QB rating against.

I’ve seen some banter on this board that Buffalo isn’t as good on the back end…that’s false.  The boundary corners are as good a pairing as there is in the NFL.  Yes, I said that, and I mean it.  Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby rank 3rd and 2nd in the NFL in passes defended, and are both ranked in the top 5 in QB rating against when targeted by opposing QBs.  Keep in mind that this is a pairing that faced Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, and Eli Manning thus far.  Slot CB Nickell Robey is small, but very aggressive and an excellent blitzer.

The safety play has been inconsistent, as both Corey Graham and Aaron Williams have missed some time, as has primary backup Bacarri Rambo.  With Williams now on IR-DTR, and Rambo still recovering from a Week 4 injury, Duke Williams will get the call opposite Corey Graham on Sunday.  To any Bills’ fan, that’s scary.  I’d look for Rex to use Duke as a blitzer as often as he can, since that’s his best skill to this point.

The LB trio of Preston Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Manny Lawson are a mixed bag.  Brown is sensational against the run, but middling against the pass.  Manny Lawson is the exact opposite, though he played the run very well last week against Tennessee.  Bradham hits like a truck, but he tends to get very aggressive and over-pursue.

How I’d game plan against Cincinnati…

On defense, I’m looking to neutralize Green and Eifert first and foremost.  I’m probably sticking Gilmore on Green, because he’s bigger and a bit more physical than Darby, and I think Gilmore wants the assignment given that last time around he was trying to play against Green with a massive club over his hand and couldn’t tackle for anything.  I don’t expect Gilmore to shut him down altogether, but I think he’ll hold his own.  I’d then expect Darby to play the boundary against either Jones or Sanu—Bengals fans won’t like hearing this, but I feel really comfortable that Darby wins that match-up.  Robey draws slot duty against whichever of Jones or Sanu doesn’t line up on the boundary…that’s probably a 50/50 match-up, since both sides are fairly accomplished.

With regard to Eifert, I’d expect bracket zone coverage where Lawson draws the short zone (he’s got excellent speed for a LB—ran a sub-4.5 at the combine years ago).  I think this would’ve been Aaron Williams’ assignment had he been healthy since he’s their biggest safety, but I don’t think I want Corey Graham, who’s only 5’11”, matching against the much bigger Eifert 1-on-1.  More likely that Lawson draws the short zone and Graham plays over the top.

In the run game, I’m letting the DL plus Brown/Bradham patrol the box, which they’ve done quite well through 5 weeks.

For me, the biggest concern is handling Bernard out of the backfield, since you can’t exactly get a jam on a guy that lines up 12-15 yards from the coverage.  I’ll be interested to see how Rex game plans for that.

Offensively, I’m looking to exploit Cinci’s run defense, which is 29th in the NFL at 4.8 YPC allowed.  I’d look to compliment that with intermediate route combinations on the boundary and interior isolation concepts that get Clay matched up with either a LB or a safety, where he’ll win that matchup much of the time.

There’s your primer on your opponent this Sunday.  If you have questions or comments, feel free; I’m happy to answer.  As I said before, I don’t really talk trash, but do what you must…just don’t get upset if you say something patently incorrect and I’m forced to educate you (haha).
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:44 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Hello, and good luck this Sunday.

I’ve started this thread to promote discussion (not necessarily trash talk, but do what you must) of this Sunday’s game, and to clear up a few misconceptions I read on your board.

First off, you’re all visiting the WRONG forum for real Bills discussion.  There’s no forum like The Stadium Wall over at twobillsdrive.com.  Here’s the link:

Offensively…

The skill position players are very good.  No joke.  Sammy Watkins is a stud; don’t let the middling numbers from his rookie year fool you.  He had over 900 yards and 6 TDs (quite comparable with AJ Green and Julio Jones as rookies) playing in Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett’s offense, with Kyle Orton at QB.  He needs to be doubled or have coverage rolled to him at all times.  Let me put it this way: the Colts have Vontae Davis, one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL, and they covered Sammy with Davis AND a safety over the top about 90% of the time.

Behind Sammy, Robert Woods and Percy Harvin have been consistently getting open against single coverage.  Marquise Goodwin is one of the 3 fastest players in football (behind only Chris Johnson and Dri Archer), and needs to be accounted for when he’s in the game (I’m sure you all remember his last-minute TD to tie the game against Cincinnati two years ago).  Chris Hogan is an underrated athlete who can make plays.

Charles Clay has been a great get as a FA, as he’s been a reliable safety valve.  There were plays last week where Tennessee was triple-covering Clay (you can do that with Sammy out of the lineup).

The RB position has been racked with injuries, and it looks like we’ll be down at least Karlos Williams this Sunday, which takes the “hammer” element out of the run game.  Shady seems more likely to play than I might have expected, which is a huge bonus, as I’d be worried about Boom Herron carrying the load.  Nevertheless, this team can run the ball pretty reliably, averaging 4.3 YPC, which ranks 8th in the NFL.

The offensive line is pretty solid from LT to C, but weakens as you move toward the right side.  Rookie RG John Miller has been a roller coaster, while second-year RT Seantrel Henderson has underwhelmed to say the least.  If I’m Paul Guenther, this is where I’m attacking Buffalo’s front.

QB-wise, Taylor has been exciting, though erratic at times.  He is an exceptional athlete, and has a very, very good deep ball.  If he’s healthy, he’s a real dual-threat.  Amongst starting QBs, he ranks 11th in YPA and 7th in passer rating and completion percentage.  If he can’t go, the drop off to EJ Manuel isn’t huge, but they are definitely different players.  EJ can’t kill you in the run game, but he’s almost Big Ben-like in his ability to extend the play.  He’s also got a terrific deep arm, though it seems his release isn’t quite as quick as Taylor’s.  He does, however, hit the seam throws better than Taylor does.

Defensively…

The defensive line needs no introduction.  They are all dominant in their own ways.  Jerry Hughes is a force on the edge; he absolutely owned Joe Thomas to the point where Cleveland was giving the best LT in the game help against him.  Dareus is a monster against both the run and the pass.  Kyle Williams looks like your typical lunch-pail guy, but watch him drop into coverage and chase down Marcus Mariota at full-stride, and you know he’s an athlete.  Mario Williams is an anchor against the run, and needs to be doubled in pass-protection.  In short, these four are the biggest reason this team is 7th in yards/carry allowed, 4th in yards/pass attempt allowed, and 6th in QB rating against.

I’ve seen some banter on this board that Buffalo isn’t as good on the back end…that’s false.  The boundary corners are as good a pairing as there is in the NFL.  Yes, I said that, and I mean it.  Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby rank 3rd and 2nd in the NFL in passes defended, and are both ranked in the top 5 in QB rating against when targeted by opposing QBs.  Keep in mind that this is a pairing that faced Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, and Eli Manning thus far.  Slot CB Nickell Robey is small, but very aggressive and an excellent blitzer.

The safety play has been inconsistent, as both Corey Graham and Aaron Williams have missed some time, as has primary backup Bacarri Rambo.  With Williams now on IR-DTR, and Rambo still recovering from a Week 4 injury, Duke Williams will get the call opposite Corey Graham on Sunday.  To any Bills’ fan, that’s scary.  I’d look for Rex to use Duke as a blitzer as often as he can, since that’s his best skill to this point.

The LB trio of Preston Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Manny Lawson are a mixed bag.  Brown is sensational against the run, but middling against the pass.  Manny Lawson is the exact opposite, though he played the run very well last week against Tennessee.  Bradham hits like a truck, but he tends to get very aggressive and over-pursue.

On defense, I’m looking to neutralize Green and Eifert first and foremost.  I’m probably sticking Gilmore on Green, because he’s bigger and a bit more physical than Darby, and I think Gilmore wants the assignment given that last time around he was trying to play against Green with a massive club over his hand and couldn’t tackle for anything.  I don’t expect Gilmore to shut him down altogether, but I think he’ll hold his own.  I’d then expect Darby to play the boundary against either Jones or Sanu—Bengals fans won’t like hearing this, but I feel really comfortable that Darby wins that match-up.  Robey draws slot duty against whichever of Jones or Sanu doesn’t line up on the boundary…that’s probably a 50/50 match-up, since both sides are fairly accomplished.

With regard to Eifert, I’d expect bracket zone coverage where Lawson draws the short zone (he’s got excellent speed for a LB—ran a sub-4.5 at the combine years ago).  I think this would’ve been Aaron Williams’ assignment had he been healthy since he’s their biggest safety, but I don’t think I want Corey Graham, who’s only 5’11”, matching against the much bigger Eifert 1-on-1.  More likely that Lawson draws the short zone and Graham plays over the top.

In the run game, I’m letting the DL plus Brown/Bradham patrol the box, which they’ve done quite well through 5 weeks.

For me, the biggest concern is handling Bernard out of the backfield, since you can’t exactly get a jam on a guy that lines up 12-15 yards from the coverage.  I’ll be interested to see how Rex game plans for that.

Offensively, I’m looking to exploit Cinci’s run defense, which is 29th in the NFL at 4.8 YPC allowed.  I’d look to compliment that with intermediate route combinations on the boundary and interior isolation concepts that get Clay matched up with either a LB or a safety, where he’ll win that matchup much of the time.

There’s your primer on your opponent this Sunday.  If you have questions or comments, feel free; I’m happy to answer.  As I said before, I don’t really talk trash, but do what you must…just don’t get upset if you say something patently incorrect and I’m forced to educate you (haha).

So your team is pretty much perfect...right on. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:44 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Hello, and good luck this Sunday.

Offensively…

Defensively…

First off, welcome to BengalsBoard.net......hope you enjoy your visit! You're in the wrong forum though.....JungleNoise is for Bengals fans only....but I don't see the mods really having a problem with rational discussion such as this, but just letting you know why if this post gets moved or deleted.

Second, being an avid FSU fan, I'm well aware of the impact the two players I put in bold font have, and you're absolutely correct there.

Third, very in depth analysis, thanks for the insight.  We have seen Tyrod Taylor in relief from his days as a Raven.  After watching that slippery dude run all over the field that day, I'm kinda glad he's dinged up against us, although I hate seeing anyone injured.

Fourth, in your synopsis, you left out Marvin Jones and Rex Burkhead  Cool  There's a lot of weapons on that unit....even OT Jake Fischer has a 31 yard reception....lol.

I will enjoy seeing this thread develop.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So your team is pretty much perfect...right on. 

That is an...interesting...interpretation of my post.

I would say that Buffalo is a very talented team that is capable of beating anyone. However, as I said in my post, I'd be looking to attack the right side of the OL and the defensive interior (LBs and safeties) in the passing game if i were Cincinnati...those are the weak points.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:16 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: First off, welcome to BengalsBoard.net......hope you enjoy your visit! You're in the wrong forum though.....JungleNoise is for Bengals fans only....but I don't see the mods really having a problem with rational discussion such as this, but just letting you know why if this post gets moved or deleted.

Second, being an avid FSU fan, I'm well aware of the impact the two players I put in bold font have, and you're absolutely correct there.

Third, very in depth analysis, thanks for the insight.  We have seen Tyrod Taylor in relief from his days as a Raven.  After watching that slippery dude run all over the field that day, I'm kinda glad he's dinged up against us, although I hate seeing anyone injured.

Fourth, in your synopsis, you left out Marvin Jones and Rex Burkhead  Cool  There's a lot of weapons on that unit....even OT Jake Fischer has a 31 yard reception....lol.

I will enjoy seeing this thread develop.

Thanks...and my mistake on the placement of the thread.

As to point 4, I actually mentioned Jones (though i can see how you missed it given that I basically wrote a novel) in the first paragraph after "How I'd game plan against Cincinnati". Who plays the slot more often: Sanu or Jones?

I wasn't surprised to see the Bengals grab two OTs early on in the draft given that--at the time--both Whitworth and Smith were going to be FAs. I found it interesting that Whitworth got an extension--thought they might move on with Ogbuehi and Fisher in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So your team is pretty much perfect...right on. 

Yeah there wasn't much negative analysis going on there. Especially for a team with 2 losses.

I do think the Bills are a good team, but definitely inferior to the Bengals. While your defensive may be good, our offense is better. There is no real way to stop this Bengals offense with all the weapons they have, one of the best O-lines in the league, and Dalton playing on fire. They can really only stop themselves (which is definitely a possibility, as it has been well documented.)

And as for the Bills offense, they seem way too banged up to make any noise at this point. The Bengals D ain't too shabby either. Also, I'm of the opinion that Tyrod Taylor is going downhill (regardless of health). Teams will figure him out, and this could be the week that this happens. Just like Kaepernick.

I expect a good game. But it's hard to see it going in the Bills favor. Unless the Bengals implode.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:23 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Thanks...and my mistake on the placement of the thread.

As to point 4, I actually mentioned Jones (though i can see how you missed it given that I basically wrote a novel) in the first paragraph after "How I'd game plan against Cincinnati".  Who plays the slot more often: Sanu or Jones?

I wasn't surprised to see the Bengals grab two OTs early on in the draft given that--at the time--both Whitworth and Smith were going to be FAs.  I found it interesting that Whitworth got an extension--thought they might move on with Ogbuehi and Fisher in 2016.
No worries here man....

Ah....yes....I missed it.  Sanu is predominantly in the slot.

As for Whit.....for once in the last quarter century.....we are at a spot where we can plan ahead.  Whitworth is a MAN....but human as well.  He's getting a little long in the tooth, so you have to consider injury as a threat as he ages.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals are Fully Healthy.

And matched up well against the Seahawks vaulted Defense last week. Yes there were struggles at times but they made plays when they needed to.

Bengals Defense is probly better than they have shown some poor tackling on a few plays have hurt their overall average something i expect they spent much of the week working on.

As far as how i would game plan vs the bills. We are gonna run the ball at that DL... it might not be successful all the time but between hill and gio one of them will get a groove going. And that will open some things up downfield. Which we have been taking shots down the field with 8 different guys catching passes for 20+ yards already in 5 games.

While your main concerns are Green and Eifert. Marvin jones and Dalton torched the last Rex Ryan team they met. And you wont be able to cover everyone. And at times we are gonna spread out your defense and move guys around to all positions which will get us into the matchups dalton wants. And he has been very good at reading defenses and changing the play when needed to get a good matchup.

Overall we dont Historically matchup well when playing in buffalo. But this is a new era for the men in stripes. And while the bills are a talented team this year and a tough team to face especially with that defense I think i have to give the edge to the Healthy bengals. Not expecting a blow out win. But expecting dalton to stay sharp and the defense to not give up the big play TD.

It will be a fun game to watch. i believe the Bengals are Ready for this matchup after facing the seahawks. I also think the bills if you guys get healthy are on your way to the playoffs. AFC seems to be struggling in most divisions so while you guys probly dont take the AFCE with the patriots on fire. there is room for wildcard entrys...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:25 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Yeah there wasn't much negative analysis going on there. Especially for a team with 2 losses.

I do think the Bills are a good team, but definitely inferior to the Bengals. While your defensive may be good, our offense is better. There is no real way to stop this Bengals offense with all the weapons they have, one of the best O-lines in the league, and Dalton playing on fire. They can really only stop themselves (which is definitely a possibility, as it has been well documented.)

And as for the Bills offense, they seem way too banged up to make any noise at this point. The Bengals D ain't too shabby either. Also, I'm of the opinion that Tyrod Taylor is going downhill (regardless of health). Teams will figure him out, and this could be the week that this happens. Just like Kaepernick.

I expect a good game. But it's hard to see it going in the Bills favor. Unless the Bengals implode.

It's hard to have too much negative analysis; they're a pretty darn good team.

They do have their weak points like I said: the right side of the OL, the banged-up RB position, and the interior of the back-7 in pass defense (safeties and LBs).

I'd probably write a very similar style summary of the Bengals; I figured you folks didn't need me to tell you what's good/not so good about your team.

The weak point, in my opinion, for the Bengals is the back 7 on defense. Everywhere else I'd feel really confident, though I do think that Buffalo's DL and CBs can match up against anyone. Even Brady--he got about 85% of his 466 passing yards against safeties and LBs (that game plan was horrible--ugh).
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:31 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: It's hard to have too much negative analysis; they're a pretty darn good team.

They do have their weak points like I said: the right side of the OL, the banged-up RB position, and the interior of the back-7 in pass defense (safeties and LBs).

I'd probably write a very similar style summary of the Bengals; I figured you folks didn't need me to tell you what's good/not so good about your team.

The weak point, in my opinion, for the Bengals is the back 7 on defense.  Everywhere else I'd feel really confident, though I do think that Buffalo's DL and CBs can match up against anyone.  Even Brady--he got about 85% of his 466 passing yards against safeties and LBs (that game plan was horrible--ugh).

i'd say our weak spot is the LBer core....  The DL and DBs are pretty talented.. like your post here probly weakest right in the middle of the field with the LBers and Safties.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals are Fully Healthy.

And matched up well against the Seahawks vaulted Defense last week. Yes there were struggles at times but they made plays when they needed to.

Bengals Defense is probly better than they have shown some poor tackling on a few plays have hurt their overall average something i expect they spent much of the week working on.

As far as how i would game plan vs the bills. We are gonna run the ball at that DL... it might not be successful all the time but between hill and gio one of them will get a groove going. And that will open some things up downfield. Which we have been taking shots down the field with 8 different guys catching passes for 20+ yards already in 5 games.

While your main concerns are Green and Eifert. Marvin jones and Dalton torched the last Rex Ryan team they met. And you wont be able to cover everyone. And at times we are gonna spread out your defense and move guys around to all positions which will get us into the matchups dalton wants. And he has been very good at reading defenses and changing the play when needed to get a good matchup.

Overall we dont Historically matchup well when playing in buffalo. But this is a new era for the men in stripes. And while the bills are a talented team this year and a tough team to face especially with that defense I think i have to give the edge to the Healthy bengals. Not expecting a blow out win. But expecting dalton to stay sharp and the defense to not give up the big play TD.

It will be a fun game to watch. i believe the Bengals are Ready for this matchup after facing the seahawks. I also think the bills if you guys get healthy are on your way to the playoffs. AFC seems to be struggling in most divisions so while you guys probly dont take the AFCE with the patriots on fire. there is room for wildcard entrys...

I also expect a lot of movement of chess pieces from Cincinnati. The main focus, in my opinion, should be getting the ball out FAST. Both Brady and Eli averaged less than 2.0 seconds time-to-pass against Buffalo, and that's really the only way to handle their pass rush. Tannehill and Mariota were closer to 2.5 seconds, and they both got battered around pretty good (Tannehill ended up with a decent statistical day thanks to garbage yards). I don't really count the beat-down they gave Andrew Luck, since his OL is hot garbage (nice job giving that $10M/year extension to Anthony Castonzo, Grigson).

The point about sticking with the run game is interesting. Not one team has really tried that with Buffalo this year; we have the highest pass-percentage faced this year (over 70% passes against). We just don't seem to be a team that offenses want to pound against--I would wager DL talent and size have a lot to do with that.

As to not being able to cover everyone, the one place I worry is Bernard out of the backfield. Dion Lewis had a few huge plays catching the ball for NE, and I worry that neither Bradham nor Brown can keep up with him.

I also expect a good game on Sunday.

Cheers.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:23 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Thanks...and my mistake on the placement of the thread.

As to point 4, I actually mentioned Jones (though i can see how you missed it given that I basically wrote a novel) in the first paragraph after "How I'd game plan against Cincinnati".  Who plays the slot more often: Sanu or Jones?

I wasn't surprised to see the Bengals grab two OTs early on in the draft given that--at the time--both Whitworth and Smith were going to be FAs.  I found it interesting that Whitworth got an extension--thought they might move on with Ogbuehi and Fisher in 2016.

The Bengals receivers are all versatile. You will see all of them in the slot at one point including AJ Green. Not only do the WRs get slot work but Eifert, Gio, and Rex Burkhead are also line up there. The Bengals have been also know to line up OTs Whitworth and 2nd round pick Jake Fisher in the slot. You might not seem worried about the tackles but Fisher did catch a 31 yard ball out of the TE spot against the Chargers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

When they first drafted the two tackles I, and a lot of people were a little upset. As this season has gone and I see how the offensive lines are struggling throughout the league I am very happy now. As far as Whitworth, I can see how a fan from outside might think that the Bengals should have moved on from him. What we see here is a player who hasn't allowed a sack in 27 games dating back to 2013. He has faced the most feared pass rushers in the league over that span and most of those guys couldn't tell you what Dalton looks like from personal experience. The front office, wisely in my mind, went ahead and extended him to make sure that the young guys behind him have time to prove they are ready to step in.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals receivers are all versatile. You will see all of them in the slot at one point including AJ Green. Not only do the WRs get slot work but Eifert, Gio, and Rex Burkhead are also line up there. The Bengals have been also know to line up OTs Whitworth and 2nd round pick Jake Fisher in the slot. You might not seem worried about the tackles but Fisher did catch a 31 yard ball out of the TE spot against the Chargers.

Yes, I imagine that they'll want to get Green and Eifert into the slot to see if they can get matched against Robey or a LB. This is one game where I hope Rex assigns one guy (Gilmore) to cover Green and lets him play the slot if he has to in order to stay on him.

I did see some of the flexing out of OT stuff that happened in the last few weeks. Let me say it this way: if the OTs running pass patterns is the key to the passing game, I'm not worried (the point being, obviously, that I don't think it is).
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:48 PM)Bengal Rama Wrote: When they first drafted the two tackles I, and a lot of people were a little upset. As this season has gone and I see how the offensive lines are struggling throughout the league I am very happy now. As far as Whitworth, I can see how a fan from outside might think that the Bengals should have moved on from him. What we see here is a player who hasn't allowed a sack in 27 games dating back to 2013. He has faced the most feared pass rushers in the league over that span and most of those guys couldn't tell you what Dalton looks like from personal experience. The front office, wisely in my mind, went ahead and extended him to make sure that the young guys behind him have time to prove they are ready to step in.

Oh I don't think they SHOULD move on from Whitworth; I mean that I thought they were preparing to by drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Should be a good game. Andy is playing really well right now. Not just in throwing the ball, but also in running Hue's offense and reading defenses. The Bengals have never been shy about trying to pound the ball.
Got to remember we are an AFC North team that has to be built that way also. Good luck to you guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:52 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Yes, I imagine that they'll want to get Green and Eifert into the slot to see if they can get matched against Robey or a LB.  This is one game where I hope Rex assigns one guy (Gilmore) to cover Green and lets him play the slot if he has to in order to stay on him.

I did see some of the flexing out of OT stuff that happened in the last few weeks.  Let me say it this way: if the OTs running pass patterns is the key to the passing game, I'm not worried (the point being, obviously, that I don't think it is).

The OT out usually spreads the defense or allows an extra blocker for screen plays. The point is the Bengals offense is very hard to game plan for and is confusing defense this year. I can't count how many times multiple plays have shifted and seen the defense looking around confused with their hands up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bengals matchup very well against the Bills. Their talented defensive line will be neutralized by our outstanding offensive line. We can take advantage of their secondary and our defensive line will be eating against their average offensive line and woeful QB.

Bengals 27 Bills 13
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:44 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: <snip the longest post ever in the Bengals message board>

On defense, I’m looking to neutralize Green and Eifert first and foremost.  
I had to stop reading there, sorry. Good luck.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the board.

It should be a good game, but the only concern I've got is your D stopping our run. I think our pass offense matches up pretty well with your pass defense, and Andy has been on a hot streak. If he has a bad game, though, I don't think we can fall back on the run with your Dline.

If Andy keeps playing like he's been playing, we'll be in a pretty good shootout with you guys.
Reply/Quote