Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fan Here...
(10-20-2015, 08:30 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Wow.

Okay.

I guess you folks aren't used to other teams' fans popping in to discuss football.

On our board, opposing teams fans come and give insight about their teams. It's not trash talk, it's not smugness, and it's rarely taken that way.

Perhaps you've dealt with some idiot fans in the past; I don't know.

I truly can't understand how anyone would read my posts as "our team is perfect", but then again, here are a lot of things in this world I don't understand (like how anyone enjoys network television).

I enjoy discussing the game with other fans. Perhaps I'm guilty of assuming you folks had any interest in doing the same.

Forgive me all...I won't let the door hit me.

Don't leave because of those 2.

Trust me.  Not all of us are like them.

I never once took you for being "smug".  I did see where you compared Taylor to Wilson (due to my question), and I even said that was due to you being a fan.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

You are a fan that loves your team.  Do they have a shot?  Absolutely.  They just have a smaller shot than what we would give them.  Your team is young, needs time to find itself and hopefully isn't torn up by a coach that the NFL community is far to familiar with.

You have the talent, but the scheme needs to figure out how best to use it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No, but you're gulity of generalizing.  There have been many fans here who tried to engage you on a civil level, so stop painting us all with the same brush and acting like we're a bunch of rubes that have never met an opposing fan.  We have a steady group of Ravens and Steelers fans whom are members, so we can handle the trash talk.  We treat them like members of the community and interact with them daily on all manner of topics.  

Yeah, you're geting smacked a bit now, but it looks to me like you're giving as good as you're getting in that regard.  You showed up after a loss, and that's more than some would do. 

And, you're not going anywhere.  People can't quit us LOL

I smell dual fan-ship anyway... or a friend/spouse of Bengals fan.  No way this guys shows up here blind with his analysis.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
6-0 going into the bye week feels good
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No, but you're gulity of generalizing.  There have been many fans here who tried to engage you on a civil level, so stop painting us all with the same brush and acting like we're a bunch of rubes that have never met an opposing fan.  We have a steady group of Ravens and Steelers fans whom are members, so we can handle the trash talk.  We treat them like members of the community and interact with them daily on all manner of topics.  

Yeah, you're geting smacked a bit now, but it looks to me like you're giving as good as you're getting in that regard.  You showed up after a loss, and that's more than some would do. 

And, you're not going anywhere.  People can't quit us LOL

Oh I can handle the heat...

It just seemed that the reasonable folk had gone the way of the dodo in this thread.

Perhaps I'll stick around...you know, as a favor  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:27 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Don't leave because of those 2.

Trust me.  Not all of us are like them.

I never once took you for being "smug".  I did see where you compared Taylor to Wilson (due to my question), and I even said that was due to you being a fan.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

You are a fan that loves your team.  Do they have a shot?  Absolutely.  They just have a smaller shot than what we would give them.  Your team is young, needs time to find itself and hopefully isn't torn up by a coach that the NFL community is far to familiar with.

You have the talent, but the scheme needs to figure out how best to use it.

The wilson comparison was more an indictment of Wilson's play this season than an endorsement of Taylor.

We'll see if Rex is willing to make the changes needed to get the defense rolling.

The offense, well, not expecting much until they get a few key pieces back.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I smell dual fan-ship anyway... or a friend/spouse of Bengals fan.  No way this guys shows up here blind with his analysis.

Nope. Just a guy that likes to interface with fans from all over the spectrum 
Reply/Quote
Glad to have you hope you stick around and post. We have regular pissburg, Ravens and colts posters. Please take this an invitation to stay active on our boards. Pay no mind too the couple posters ragging on you.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 12:19 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Glad to have you hope you stick around and post. We have regular pissburg, Ravens and colts posters. Please take this an invitation to stay active on our boards. Pay no mind too the couple posters ragging on you.

I say **** that guy.  He's no more than a passive aggressive  weenie.  You point out how wrong he was and all he has is lame sarcasm--oh, you know everything, guess we shouldn't bother to show up.  Oh, you're so smart, guess we should just skip the rest of the season.  Kinda like how my sons were before they grew up and became men.

I hope he never comes back.  He's plenty friendly until you tell a truth he doesn't want to hear.  He got no more than he deserved.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:30 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Wow.

Okay.

I guess you folks aren't used to other teams' fans popping in to discuss football.

On our board, opposing teams fans come and give insight about their teams. It's not trash talk, it's not smugness, and it's rarely taken that way.

Perhaps you've dealt with some idiot fans in the past; I don't know.

I truly can't understand how anyone would read my posts as "our team is perfect", but then again, here are a lot of things in this world I don't understand (like how anyone enjoys network television).

I enjoy discussing the game with other fans. Perhaps I'm guilty of assuming you folks had any interest in doing the same.

Forgive me all...I won't let the door hit me.

Good.  Sayonara.  You act like you want to be reasonable until someone points out how wrong you are and then all you have is juvenile sarcasm.

Buffalo Bills--the eternal rebuild.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 06:34 AM)McC Wrote: I say **** that guy.  He's no more than a passive aggressive  weenie.  You point out how wrong he was and all he has is lame sarcasm--oh, you know everything, guess we shouldn't bother to show up.  Oh, you're so smart, guess we should just skip the rest of the season.  Kinda like how my sons were before they grew up and became men.

I hope he never comes back.  He's plenty friendly until you tell a truth he doesn't want to hear.  He got no more than he deserved.

Plenty of other posters have pointed out shortcomings with Buffalo's team, and they somehow manage to be able to have a conversation without juvenile insults or acting like they're clairvoyant. Face it, when you say outright that a team will miss the playoffs, won't win more than 6 games, and start telling other fans what they do and don't know about the game, you're stepping way outside of reason and into foolishness.

(10-21-2015, 06:39 AM)McC Wrote: Good.  Sayonara.  You act like you want to be reasonable until someone points out how wrong you are and then all you have is juvenile sarcasm.

Buffalo Bills--the eternal rebuild.  

First I was smug, now I'm juvenile. Yet about 90% of your fellow posters seem to have zero issue with me or this thread.

Must be me...

...can't possibly be you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 12:19 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Glad to have you hope you stick around and post. We have regular pissburg, Ravens and colts posters. Please take this an invitation to stay active on our boards. Pay no mind too the couple posters ragging on you.

I actually don't mind the talk.

I just didn't want to waste my time if the only folks left reading this were...welll...let's call them the "interesting" fellows.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:36 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Plenty of other posters have pointed out shortcomings with Buffalo's team, and they somehow manage to be able to have a conversation without juvenile insults or acting like they're clairvoyant.  Face it, when you say outright that a team will miss the playoffs, won't win more than 6 games, and start telling other fans what they do and don't know about the game, you're stepping way outside of reason and into foolishness.

First I was smug, now I'm juvenile.  Yet about 90% of your fellow posters seem to have zero issue with me or this thread.

Must be me...

You're a fan, looking at the bright side of your team.  I felt some of your initial analysis was biased, skewed and optimistic, but hey, you're a fan, not a professional football analyst.  So with that in mind I read and dismissed some of your arguments, because you just don't know our team very well.  Not saying that's bad, but it's like most of the football media, they don't really KNOW the Bengals, so they pick up headlines and tidbits and make broad misplaced assumptions. 

However, I didn't take your initial post personally.  It was your perspective and was well written and thought out.  The fact that you have been given grief by some is embarrassing to be honest.  I hope you stay and liven up the Smack Forum.  :)

cheers!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 01:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: You're a fan, looking at the bright side of your team.  I felt some of your initial analysis was biased, skewed and optimistic, but hey, you're a fan, not a professional football analyst.  So with that in mind I read and dismissed some of your arguments, because you just don't know our team very well.  Not saying that's bad, but it's like most of the football media, they don't really KNOW the Bengals, so they pick up headlines and tidbits and make broad misplaced assumptions. 

However, I didn't take your initial post personally.  It was your perspective and was well written and thought out.  The fact that you have been given grief by some is embarrassing to be honest.  I hope you stay and liven up the Smack Forum.  :)

cheers!

To be honest, there's a reason that I didn't say much about the Bengals--I assumed you folks knew more about them than I do and didn't need me to tell you anything.

No need to be embarrassed; every message board has its sassy members.

And OMG there's a smack forum?  I need to check it out...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:42 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Thanks.

Believe me, Bills' fans have been through far worse than anything we'll hear on a message board.

Tough to say...he was playing well out there before the injury with 4 catches on 5 targets.  The injury was his ankle--the OTHER ankle...ugh.

Supposedly it's an Inversion sprain as opposed to a high ankle sprain, so that would be a better scenario...he was, however, in walking boot when he got off the plane in London.

I have to say, your analysis of your team was one of the best an opposing team's fans have ever provided. I may not have agreed with everything, but it was thorough and I knew immediately you had great knowledge of the game.

Once again, all the best and if you ever get tired of being a Bill's fan, please join us as we need intelligent football fans and passionate for their team fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:36 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Plenty of other posters have pointed out shortcomings with Buffalo's team, and they somehow manage to be able to have a conversation without juvenile insults or acting like they're clairvoyant.  Face it, when you say outright that a team will miss the playoffs, won't win more than 6 games, and start telling other fans what they do and don't know about the game, you're stepping way outside of reason and into foolishness.

First I was smug, now I'm juvenile.  Yet about 90% of your fellow posters seem to have zero issue with me or this thread.

Must be me...

I finally agree with you.  Pardon me if I see right through you.  And once again, snide is all you got.

Never said I was clairvoyant, though everything I said before that game turned out to be right.  You look right past that. You're just pretending to be a good guy.  As soon as someone says something you can't dispute, the real you comes out, passive aggressively and that is a truly irritating trait.  I'm done with you.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: I finally agree with you.  Pardon me if I see right through you.  And once again, snide is all you got.

Never said I was clairvoyant, though everything I said before that game turned out to be right.  You look right past that. You're just pretending to be a good guy.  As soon as someone says something you can't dispute, the real you comes out, passive aggressively and that is a truly irritating trait.  I'm done with you.

Done with me?

[img]webkit-fake-url://ddef2d1f-08a8-4dce-9384-5303547cb0d9/imagepng[/img]

Your fellow posters should be so lucky 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have to say, your analysis of your team was one of the best an opposing team's fans have ever provided. I may not have agreed with everything, but it was thorough and I knew immediately you had great knowledge of the game.

Once again, all the best and if you ever get tired of being a Bill's fan, please join us as we need intelligent football fans and passionate for their team fans.

Much appreciated!

As to your invite: I'll happily cheer for the Bengals as long as they aren't facing the Bills. That said, Bills fandom simply isn't a choice. I was born a Bills fan, and I'll be one to the day I leave this earth.

My poor kids; they never had a chance!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:53 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Much appreciated!

As to your invite: I'll happily cheer for the Bengals as long as they aren't facing the Bills. That said, Bills fandom simply isn't a choice. I was born a Bills fan, and I'll be one to the day I leave this earth.

My poor kids; they never had a chance!

Dont worry man ... Brady has to retire one day.

Overall a good game though... We knew about gilmore alot of us were panning for him in the draft that year.

But Best of luck on your season maybe we see you again in january.
Reply/Quote
Bills probably gonna snack ya this week
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I wanna go ahead and congratulate the Bills on your victory this coming Sunday.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote