Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fans -Bengals Fans
Made this to hopefully sum up how we're all feeling right now... feel free to copy/re-post.
Strangely it feels like Hamlin's injury will only strengthen the Bills/Bengals bromance.

[Image: b1ByiiR.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It may stoke the Bromance among fans but I wonder if the Bengals or Bills will ever be the same this season?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: It may stoke the Bromance among fans but I wonder if the Bengals or Bills will ever be the same this season?

As an umpire who's actually witnessed players die on a ballfield, it's not something you forget, but it's not crippling, either.
That said, I would think it would affect the Bills much more, as it was one of their teammates.
Reply/Quote
It's a terrible thing to have to deal with, for everyone involved, and definitely will stick with them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:40 PM)Tomkat Wrote: As an umpire who's actually witnessed players die on a ballfield, it's not something you forget, but it's not crippling, either.
That said, I would think it would affect the Bills much more, as it was one of their teammates.

That was my first thought. Then again, they may find determination to focus with a mission to win for their fallen bro.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
From the Bills board:

Quote:12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Please share my thoughts with your board. I’ve followed the Bills since opening day 1960.  In that time I’ve never seen another team and it’s fans show anywhere near the compassion shown by the Bengals and their fans as has been shown since last night.  Sincere thanks to you all.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's a terrible thing to have to deal with, for everyone involved, and definitely will stick with them.

Yes it's a life changing event. As a corrections officer I witnessed an inmate take a shank to another inmate and stab him nearly to death. Something like that sticks with you, forever.

Those players watched a young man literally die in front of them, playing the game they love. It will be with them, always.

Praying Damar pulls through. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In 1996 I was working an archeological survey in north central PA and up into NY and it was during football season. I was up there for months and stayed at a really cool motor inn, and I would go into their bar and watch football on Sundays. It was Bills country up there big time. They were all Bills fans, and when I told them I was a Bengal fan everyone was really cool about the Bengals and super nice in general. I had a great time with those Bills fans that year. They were my football watching partners and gave me some great memories. I've liked and respected the Bills since then to be honest. When we beat the Ravens and helped them to the playoff a few years back, it was a sweet thing and of course I thought of all those Bills fans in the mountains of northern PA. Good times. The Bengals and Bills are a lot alike.
Reply/Quote
And I think the fact Burrow and Allen are friends and hang out together makes it a stronger bond as well.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals/Bills is like a brotherhood now. From us beating the Ravens, which got the Bills into the playoffs, to now, probably be a classic friendship of teams. Sounds good to me.

"If not us, then them."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:22 PM)Destro Wrote: I think the Bengals/Bills is like a brotherhood now. From us beating the Ravens, which got the Bills into the playoffs, to now, probably be a classic friendship of teams. Sounds good to me.

"If not us, then them."

Totally agree. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Totally agree. 

Yep... 
Reply/Quote
Agree. Bengals fans have been great throughout a traumatic event for many. Too bad (or good?) we are in the same conference.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:45 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Agree. Bengals fans have been great throughout a traumatic event for many. Too bad (or good?) we are in the same conference.

A game is a game and during the game they are rivals. I wanted the Bengals to win last night but I didn’t hate the Bills. Can’t say that about a lot of other teams.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I know it's been said multiple times on here, but Higgins will be bothered by it as well I think
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From the Bills board:

That’s really nice of him to say.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A game is a game and during the game they are rivals.  I wanted the Bengals to win last night but I didn’t hate the Bills. Can’t say that about a lot of other teams.

This. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think I found my 2nd favorite team to root for if things go south for us, but we know it won't right!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:22 PM)Destro Wrote: I think the Bengals/Bills is like a brotherhood now. From us beating the Ravens, which got the Bills into the playoffs, to now, probably be a classic friendship of teams. Sounds good to me.

"If not us, then them."

We've always been 'similar' Franchises with a similar history. You've always been able to bracket both teams under the 'unfortunate/unsuccessful' umbrella of the NFL. 

I think it's a little different with the Bills though. The Jets are a similar kind of team in terms of futility, but I don't think I would pull for them in the playoffs (unless playing the Steelers/Ravens). I didn't like the Jets in the Mark Sanchez playoff runs. The Bills just seem like a decent franchise. Wouldn't it be nice to see those guys win it all type of vibe. 

Obviously I would rather see us win, but yeah 'if not us, then them'. I genuinely get the feeling Bills fans feel similarly about us. Heck of a bromance. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:21 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I know it's been said multiple times on here, but Higgins will be bothered by it as well I think

Hey everyone, I live in Buffalo. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, just like most Bengals fans we love our NFL team so much, they are part of who we are. Your team, community, and fans have set such an example for the world to see on how to be caring, compassionate, classy decent Human beings. I wish all you nothing but the best moving forward.

Prayers being sent to Tee Higgins as well from Bills Mafia. This is a young man that needs love and support at this time.

Bills / Bengals will forever be intertwined moving forward, and this is a great thing. I hope other fans and teams take notice.
Reply/Quote