Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Game Will See How Much Has Changed
Last Sunday was a very emotional come from behind win with the Bengals. In the past they have always seemed to come out the following week against a team like the Bills playing flat and uninspired. This week will be a good test to see if this team has turned that corner. More often than not I can remember us winning a huge big game only to come out the next week and play as competitive as a Pee Wee football team. Buffalo has a good team and playing in Buffalo has always been a tough place for the Bengals to play no matter the era.

Our all time record in Buffalo 5-13.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Last Sunday was a very emotional come from behind win with the Bengals. In the past they have always seemed to come out the following week against a team like the Bills playing flat and uninspired. This week will be a good test to see if this team has turned that corner. More often than not I can remember us winning a huge big game only to come out the next week and play as competitive as a Pee Wee football team. Buffalo has a good team and playing in Buffalo has always been a tough place for the Bengals to play no matter the era.

Another tough team to run against - so a very competitive situation...  on their turf.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think the motivation to be undefeated going into bye week will keep the team focused on the task at hand.

Crushing the Bills !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Last Sunday was a very emotional come from behind win with the Bengals. In the past they have always seemed to come out the following week against a team like the Bills playing flat and uninspired. This week will be a good test to see if this team has turned that corner. More often than not I can remember us winning a huge big game only to come out the next week and play as competitive as a Pee Wee football team. Buffalo has a good team and playing in Buffalo has always been a tough place for the Bengals to play no matter the era.

You make an interesting point. However, our past Bengal teams have left us fans with a lot of things to prove. Primetime games, playing flat against weaker teams and playoff wins are just a few of the many things us fans need redemption from. Not because they were one-time occurrence's, but happened so regularly it was predicted on an ongoing basis. Truth be told, we have a lot of corners we have to turn, yet it seams the team has a GPS. We are getting there.

Reply/Quote

Didn't we come back after the Ravens game in week 3 (emotional come from behind road win) and thrash the Chiefs by 15 points with a healthy Charles.

It is the NFL, it is too easy to blame losses on intensity (uninspired). In reality, it is hard to match the intensity of the home team with 80,000 fans screaming for them.

Win or lose, I am confident our team will show up to play, but it is very hard to win away games against good teams on the road.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

The team of which you speak would have lost the Ratbirds and Seahags games.  Feels like the corner has already been turned.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't we come back after the Ravens game in week 3 (emotional come from behind road win) and thrash the Chiefs by 15 points with a healthy Charles.

It is the NFL, it is too easy to blame losses on intensity (uninspired). In reality, it is hard to match the intensity of the home team with 80,000 fans screaming for them.

Win or lose, I am confident our team will show up to play, but it is very hard to win away games against good teams on the road.

I honestly don't think Buffalo is all that good.  They've lost their last two home games.  I don't think they're as good as Seattle or San Diego and maybe not even Baltimore.  And they are about a tossup with KC and Oakland.

The only reason out there for doubting the Bengals are rooted in the past, not based on the last five weeks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Funny alot of people were saying the same thing after we beat Baltimore , then after we beat KC that we would have a let down... Buffalo is great on defense, subpar on offense.... as for records... wow we lost in 1969 to the Bills, does that really matter now... What i would look at if anything would be we are 1-0 under the Dalton era and we won at Buffalo.. and lets not forget we are 2-0 in the playoffs baby... against the Bills.. hell with that thinking i hope the Bills make the playoffs and we play them... since we are 2-0 already in playoffs,, we should go 3-0 then.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 04:27 PM)McC Wrote: I honestly don't think Buffalo is all that good.  They've lost their last two home games.  I don't think they're as good as Seattle or San Diego and maybe not even Baltimore.  And they are about a tossup with KC and Oakland.

The only reason out there for doubting the Bengals are rooted in the past, not based on the last five weeks.

The Bills are certainly better (on paper) than the Raiders and the Chiefs (now, without Charles). They Bills have a tough run defense so I think we'll see 30+ passes by Dalton. That having been said, I think we'll win by 10-14 ... as long a "good Andy" and the defense show up. It could be more if EJ Manuel is the starting QB.
Reply/Quote

correction on my earlier post.. Dalton is 2-0 against the Bills... WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
It seems like there's always a "test" for the Bengals. This week is the avoiding a let down test. 2 weeks from now it'll be the avoiding a letdown after a bye test. Then after that will be the Prime Test followed by another Prime time test. And so on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Last week showed how much has changed. This week will further reinforce it. Our guys have arrived. They have gotten to that place they could never quite get to. I don't think there's any turning back now.

And ponder this--they can still be quite a bit better. Sooner or later, they will cut out the mistakes and when that happens, they will be a true force. Bordering on that now but still have work to do and know it.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It seems like there's always a "test" for the Bengals. This week is the avoiding a let down test. 2 weeks from now it'll be the avoiding a letdown after a bye test. Then after that will be the Prime Test followed by another Prime time test. And so on.

Your right it will be one major test after another, and if this team is actually going to bring home the trophy it better be up for them.
Reply/Quote
Playing any team, on the road nonetheless, after playing an extra quarter (OT) is tough for any team. Remember how flat they looked in the trenches against the Colts last year after the OT game against the Panthers? Game started as a pk in Vegas. Falcons also had an OT game and travel to NO, where they are a 3 point favorite. As poorly as the Saints have played of late, I am surprised at that line, but obviously Vegas puts something in the OT game hurting the following week.

I think they can overcome it. The news that EJ Manual will be starting doesn't hurt things for the Bengals...:)
Reply/Quote
Yup always a "test" with this team it seems. The only test i'm looking forward to is whether or not this Board will implode should the team drop this one. Chances are high they aren't going to go undefeated and a loss against a good team IN BUFFALO wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:03 PM)McC Wrote: Last week showed how much has changed.  This week will further reinforce it.  Our guys have arrived.  They have gotten to that place they could never quite get to.  I don't think there's any turning back now.

And ponder this--they can still be quite a bit better.  Sooner or later, they will cut out the mistakes and when that happens, they will be a true force.  Bordering on that now but still have work to do and know it.

Right,

We've been pretty flat through the middle of most games this season. Imagine when that stops.
Reply/Quote
Every game the Bengals play this season will be a test only because in the past, the Bengals let us fans down so many times...oh so many times.

This team is different though and I believe, win or lose, the Bengals will play good. I don't think we will see a "Let Down" game this season. While the Bengals may lose a few games, it will be that they got beat, not because they didn't show up or beat themselves.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't we come back after the Ravens game in week 3 (emotional come from behind road win) and thrash the Chiefs by 15 points with a healthy Charles.

not for the steelers or patriots! oh but they are "not good teams"?

Reply/Quote
Eventually the team has to lose. So they can't pass every 'test' possibly given
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think the motivation to be undefeated going into bye week will keep the team focused on the task at hand.

Crushing the Bills !

This is true, plus we are lucky that the bye week happens when it does. if we played Shitsboig the week after the Bills, we might look over them. This team might not, but the bye week helps us play for THAT moment. 

Move to 6-0. Rest up, and focus everything on beating the Stoolers. You know they're going to want to knock us off our pedestal. We can't let that happen.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote