Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Offer Bengals Heartfelt Thanks
(01-01-2018, 12:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If you watch the Boyd TD as a Bills fan that had to be unbelievable.

I wouldn’t mind trying some wings actually from Buffalo. I hate BW3. They don’t even have original wing sauce. Wings and Rings is pretty good but I don’t know how they compare to the real deal.

The Anchor House where it all started is a pretty solid place in Buffalo for wings and Im too a snob when it comes to eating wings (they must be crispy)......in addition to the wings I want to see the Bills Mafia smash a mannequin of JuJu thorough a table!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I don't think they will go anywhere, but I am very happy for the Bills. Like to see another team break the ice...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:45 AM)corpjet Wrote: The Anchor House where it all started is a pretty solid place in Buffalo for wings and Im too a snob when it comes to eating wings (they must be crispy)......in addition to the wings I want to see the Bills Mafia smash a mannequin of JuJu thorough a table!

Well.... There is some contoversy as to where "it all started".

Duff's claims itself as the originator, as well as the Anchor Bar. Duff's is much better in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:48 AM)GO Bills Wrote: Huge Bills fan here. Just a HUGE thanks is all. We needed your help big time and you guys came through for us.

Nothing but Love here. Happy New Years Bengals fans. Good luck going forward.

In a crap season it was nice to see our lowly Bengals stick it to the Ravens and help out another long suffering fan base. And in such dramatic fashion. You guys will probably remember Dalton to Boyd a lot longer than we will. I remember your Super Bowl years but I’m guessing there’s a lot who never experienced it. Good luck.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:16 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: Well.... There is some contoversy as to where "it all started".

Duff's claims itself as the originator, as well as the Anchor Bar. Duff's is much better in my opinion.

I’ve always heard the owner’s son of whatever restaurant came in after closing and asked the chef/cook to make something for he and his friends and that’s what she came up with. Always may be a strong word. I may have heard it once.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hey guys. Some folks over at Two Bills Drive have started a Thank you thread. Check it out if you like.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200363-cincinnati-bengals-thank-you-thread/
Reply/Quote
All I can say is thank you to the Cincinnati Bengals. You guys have no idea what it's like for this fan base last night and today. Permanent smile on my face
Reply/Quote
Freakin' Ratbirds were evidently talking crap before the game about them shutting us out the first game of the season, and saying they were going to do it again. Screw'em..... glad the Bills got in....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 09:26 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I live an hour and a half south of Buffalo.  All my friends here are Bills fans.  They were going crazy!!!  And so was I!  Lol.  Super happy for Bills fans!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah. I live in CNY between Syracuse and Rochester and things were hectic up here. Loving all the love from the Bills fans who all know I am a Bengals fan. My FB was lit up last night with people apologizing for all the hate over the years. haha! Really hoping for a Bills/Pats conference game.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 10:53 AM)WilliamCody Wrote: Bills diehard here!

Thank you Bengals!

I am 31, and was 13 the last time Buffalo was in the playoffs (well I guess I can't say that anymore). That TD to Boyd made alot of grown men cry in wny, according to a poll at Two Bills Drive (our forum) about 40% of Bills fans shed a tear.

There is a fan taking suggestions for baby names (due in 2 days), and Dalton is a real possibility.

You have no idea how much this means to us, and especially guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Bengals had many fans in wny yesterday, and thank you so much for delivering!

Oh yeah, and $#@& the Ravens!
After reading this post, the Bengals 5 playoff years in a row sounds real good about now
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:20 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Yeah. I live in CNY between Syracuse and Rochester and things were hectic up here. Loving all the love from the Bills fans who all know I am a Bengals fan. My FB was lit up last night with people apologizing for all the hate over the years. haha! Really hoping for a Bills/Pats conference game.

Well we would play Pats in round 2 (if we beat Jax), so the conference game could be the Cheatriots or the Bills, but they would be playing the winner of Pit vs KC/TEN.

Appreciate the sentiment though. I'm still in shock, 12° feels warm, the birds are singing my favorite song, and the sky is bluer than ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:26 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: Well we would play Pats in round 2 (if we beat Jax), so the conference game could be the Cheatriots or the Bills, but they would be playing the winner of Pit vs KC/TEN.

Appreciate the sentiment though. I'm still in shock, 12° feels warm, the birds are singing my favorite song, and the sky is bluer than ever.

Yeah. I just looked at the bracket. Oh well, Knock off the Pats early and take out Shittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:26 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: Well we would play Pats in round 2 (if we beat Jax), so the conference game could be the Cheatriots or the Bills, but they would be playing the winner of Pit vs KC/TEN.

Jesus it’s colder here than Buffalo? At least we we measure our snow in half inch increments and not feet.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:30 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Yeah. I just looked at the bracket. Oh well, Knock off the Pats early and take out Shittsburgh.

We will try like hell.

Pats in Foxborough is not historically great for us, but you can bet it would/will be a hard fought, chippy, slugfest. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:04 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: Hey guys. Some folks over at Two Bills Drive have started a Thank you thread. Check it out if you like.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200363-cincinnati-bengals-thank-you-thread/

That’s really nice and makes a nice ending to a forgettable season. Obviously I had nothing to do with it, but it still makes me feel good.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus it’s colder here than Buffalo?  At least we we measure our snow in half inch increments and not feet.

Yeah it's a heat wave today.

High was 4 yesterday. Was -2 at the airport when the Bills got back in town last night.
Reply/Quote
Too bad Buffalo doesn't get a home game from this. That snow game earlier this year was quite a sight.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Too bad Buffalo doesn't get a home game from this. That snow game earlier this year was quite a sight.

Oh yeah that was pretty cool.

Reply/Quote
Happy for Bills fans. I knew that TD helped them make the playoffs but didn't realize just how thankful they were of the Bengals, great to hear. That play will be more remembered in Bills history than it will be for us probably.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown will be eating those wings every night until they’re gone. Then it’s back to the ramen.
Reply/Quote