Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills P Matt Arazia-rape lawsuit

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow, just terrible. I don't even understand this type of stuff let alone understand being around such a thing...

Innocent until proven guilty but this is weird stuff to me and always will be.

Most all of us wanted to draft this guy. Happy we just stuck with Huber and Chrisman to fight it out for the Punter job.

Sounds like Chrisman is a big leg anyways, maybe not as big of a leg as this guy but still.
Reply/Quote
Yikes. Glad we didn’t take him. The Carman stuff is icky enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
NFL said since this incident occurred before the draft he would not be subject to the leagues personal conduct policy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yikes. Glad we didn’t take him. The Carman stuff is icky enough.

What did Carman do again?

(08-25-2022, 10:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: NFL said since this incident occurred before the draft he would not be subject to the leagues personal conduct policy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

Still don't understand such a thing being minor, that is outright criminal rape beyond imagination if true...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 12:23 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What did Carman do again?

Still don't understand such a thing being minor, that is outright criminal rape beyond imagination if true...

https://defector.com/what-did-the-bengals-know-about-jackson-carman/
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This would seem to explain why he wasn't drafted higher, but at the same time if a team knew of this allegation they almost certainly wouldn't draft him at all. I wonder if the Bills were in the dark on this.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: NFL said since this incident occurred before the draft he would not be subject to the leagues personal conduct policy.

LOL, Rape is Rape.....jail time etc....
if he is proven guilty he will be punting toilet rolls in a prison  cell
Crazy if true and glad to not be associated with it for Bengals
This was Marvin Lewis era stuff
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:32 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: https://defector.com/what-did-the-bengals-know-about-jackson-carman/

Eh, I am not clicking on that Bengal Dude. Can you give me the low down man?

I remember something about this but it ended up being nothing in the end.

(08-26-2022, 10:37 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This would seem to explain why he wasn't drafted higher, but at the same time if a team knew of this allegation they almost certainly wouldn't draft him at all.  I wonder if the Bills were in the dark on this.

I wonder the same.

I saw people wanting to draft Araiza as high as the 5th round...

(08-26-2022, 11:20 AM)kalibengal Wrote: LOL, Rape is Rape.....jail time etc....
if he is proven guilty he will be punting toilet rolls in a prison  cell
Crazy if true and glad to not be associated with it for Bengals
This was Marvin Lewis era stuff

True that Kali.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I am not clicking on that Bengal Dude. Can you give me the low down man?

I remember something about this but it ended up being nothing in the end.

I wonder the same.

I saw people wanting to draft Araiza as high as the 5th round...

True that Kali.

As an 18-year-old freshman, Carman had sex with a 15-year-old, who before the draft several years later reported it as rape to the police.  They spent months investigating and decided there wasn't enough evidence to proceed. The age difference was within SC's Romeo and Juliet exception so would also not be statutory rape.  The question was what did the Bengals know and when did they know it.

This young woman reported it the day after it occurred.  They had conversations with Araiza about his involvement last October..  SDSU is under fire for keeping knowledge of this incident under wraps for 8 months.

The Bills say they did not know at the time of the draft so I doubt any other team did also.  The other 2 punters who went before him had strong legs, not as strong as his, but much better control over the kicks than he did.

The Bills, however, did know this was coming when they cut the other punter on their roster on Monday.  Araiza is not punting tonight at the final preseason game.  Back-up QB Matt Barkley is punting

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:16 PM)pally Wrote: As an 18-year-old freshman, Carman had sex with a 15-year-old, who before the draft several years later reported it as rape to the police.  They spent months investigating and decided there wasn't enough evidence to proceed. The age difference was within SC's Romeo and Juliet exception so would also not be statutory rape.  The question was what did the Bengals know and when did they know it.

This young woman reported it the day after it occurred.  They had conversations with Araiza about his involvement last October..  SDSU is under fire for keeping knowledge of this incident under wraps for 8 months.

The Bills say they did not know at the time of the draft so I doubt any other team did also.  The other 2 punters who went before him had strong legs, not as strong as his, but much better control over the kicks than he did.

The Bills, however, did know this was coming when they cut the other punter on their roster on Monday.  Araiza is not punting tonight at the final preseason game.  Back-up QB Matt Barkley is punting

Thanks Pally. Big difference from everything stated here like I thought IMHO.
Reply/Quote
The unfortunate reality is that most rape victims never see justice. I hope that justice is served for all of those involved in the attack on that young woman.

Reminds me of a story that was a big deal in my county's states attorney race. The challenger was calling out the 16 year incumbent for his poor record on going after perpetrators of sexual assault. There was a case where two women at one college said that they were drugged and raped by three players on another college's baseball team. They went to the police but the case was closed less than 24 hours after the report was made with zero action taken. After one of the victims kept persisting, investigators sat down with the three accused at a Chick-fil-a and then proceeded to not do anything with the case. Obviously the victim was very critical of the casual nature of the investigation. Eventually the states attorney was sending police to the woman's house to coerce and intimidate her into dropping the case and said that she could face legal action from the accused if she kept pushing the county to investigate it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Whoever is lying deserves a woodchipper.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Damn, he admitted on a phone call to her that the police recorded that he had sex with the girl when she was underage and he told her to get tested for chlamydia. What a ***** POS.

Reply/Quote
the text exchange between Araiza's criminal lawyer and Doe's civil lawyer was great.

To summarize it, Doe's lawyer responds to Araiza's lawyer being arrogant by bringing up the fact that they've dealt with each other before and it ended with Araiza's lawyer past client in jail after the lawyer smugly said to Doe's lawyer that they were innocent. He then ends it by saying that Araiza's lawyer should advise Araiza to hire a lawyer who specializes in civil law.

Araiza's lawyer told them to stop talking to the Bills or Araiza won't be signed and there'll be no money. His lawyer, who has called the lawsuit a "shakedown" and "money grab", asked what Doe wanted and said Araiza's "very nice parents" will pay her so that they stop talking to the Bills about the assault.

Reply/Quote
Probably not a shocker but he has been informed by the Bills that he will be released immediately.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/08/bills-to-release-p-matt-araiza
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, talk about chickens coming home to roost. The NFL HAS to do something to this POS or be labeled a totally racist organization for suspending and fining Watson. And this after letting Fat Benn off the hook with a 4 game suspension. The league better get a grip on it's criminals and start enforcing it's conduct policies with severe punishments. You want to play in the NFL, don't beat on or force yourself on women. Don't drive drunk. It's not that hard, you make millions, if you can't get laid hire a prostitute.
Reply/Quote
I bet he ends up on Raiders or Denver lol
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 10:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Reminds me of a story that was a big deal in my county's states attorney race. The challenger was calling out the 16 year incumbent for his poor record on going after perpetrators of sexual assault. There was a case where two women at one college said that they were drugged and raped by three players on another college's baseball team. They went to the police but the case was closed less than 24 hours after the report was made with zero action taken. After one of the victims kept persisting, investigators sat down with the three accused at a Chick-fil-a and then proceeded to not do anything with the case. Obviously the victim was very critical of the casual nature of the investigation. Eventually the states attorney was sending police to the woman's house to coerce and intimidate her into dropping the case and said that she could face legal action from the accused if she kept pushing the county to investigate it.

I can't believe this happened in the middle of an election where the State's attorney was already under fire for this type of conduct.

The media must have had a field day!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't believe this happened in the middle of an election where the State's attorney was already under fire for this type of conduct.

The media must have had a field day!

It was a few years prior, but the NYT wrote about the story during the election. Unfortunately the challenger lost, but he got 49% to the 16 year incumbent's 51%, and I have to believe that reviving these stories was a big part of it.

Another incident involved his white assistant state's attorney telling a black woman that they wouldn't prosecute her assault because they once had a case where the entire jury was convinced that all black women lie. She was promoted to head his sexual assault division.

Reply/Quote