Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Pass Defense
Well, they shut down AD last week for the entire first half.
Andy Dalton
20/36
2-10

They shut down Brady an entre game.
Tom Brady
18/39
0-0

This is not an AD is remotely close to Tom Brady's talent.

It is the Bills pass defense is the real deal.

Maybe we do have a shot against the Steeler's tomorrow night if we come to play. Maybe AD's horrible first half last week was because of a great Bill's pass defense.

Maybe ZT has a very good pass offense, we will find out in coming weeks.

Either way, no small feat shutting down any Brady passing attack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They're one of the best defenses in the league right now period. I know we like to blame all of our failures on our players, coaches, and owner, but there are other factors.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Our offense isn't as bad as some think but that doesn't mean that our team is any good overall. We need to truly rebuild this roster and try and gather as much draft value as possible.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady vs. Buffalo Bills Week 4: 18/39 150 yards, 1 INT, 45.9

Andy Dalton vs. Buffalo Week 3: 20/36 249 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT 63.3

People will attack me for the mere comparison, but I find it humorous how the media portrays Tom as such a winner and how he stil overcame and beat the Bills. Yeah, they scored 9 points. Their special teams scored a TD on a blocked punt, and the only reason they won was that they knocked Allen out of the game when he was down 6 and driving with the ball in the 4th quarter.

Dalton gets destroyed for a loss where he overcame a 14-0 deficit and had the lead in the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, they shut down AD last week for the entire first half.
Andy Dalton
20/36
2-10

Tom Brady
18/39
0-0

This is not  an AD is remotely close to Tom Brady's talent.

Maybe we do have a shot against the Steeler's tomorrow night if we come to play. Maybe AD's horrible first half last week was because of a great Bill's pass defense.

Sorry, I started a similar thread...hope it will be merged.  

I also took this point to show that ZT is a good coach as he adapted to what Buffalo was doing and came out in the second half with a different plan.  

The Pats lose that game if they don't personal foul concuss Allen in the 4th quarter as he was driving (So Barkley could throw an INT in the end zone) and if their special teams units didn't block a punt for a TD.

I remain hopeful as, again, the AFC North Gods have opened the door following a convincing win for the Browns over the Ratbirds.  If the Bengals win tonight, they are one game out of the division lead.  A gift.  Can they capitalize?  I sure hope so.  1-3 with the Cards coming to town the following week sounds pretty good.  
Reply/Quote
Please merge...sorry, mods
Reply/Quote
We'd better beat the Steelers because I'm really having a hard time imagining how we can find a loss to that depleted squad to be encouraging.

Also the Patriots defense got 5 turnovers out of Allen before he left the game so I can't imagine they were happy to see him go.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We'd better beat the Steelers because I'm really having a hard time imagining how we can find a loss to that depleted squad to be encouraging.

Also the Patriots defense got 5 turnovers out of Allen before he left the game so I can't imagine they were happy to see him go.

Yep, the excuses have run out ! Squeelers are at the bottom of nearly all statistics. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, the excuses have run out ! Squeelers are at the bottom of nearly all statistics. 

We cant win it all with a win tonight, but lordy loo help us if we lose.  ZTs first year vs the Steelers and the team is as bad as it has been since the mid 80s maybe.  He's got to capitalize.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 09:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We cant win it all with a win tonight, but lordy loo help us if we lose.  ZTs first year vs the Steelers and the team is as bad as it has been since the mid 80s maybe.  He's got to capitalize.

Yep

If this team is to have any chance of turning it around, (not sure how much turning they can do) they have to start now. These next two games are against bottom of the barrel D's !

If they aren't 2-3 two weeks from now......it's gonna be a looooong season for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

If this team is to have any chance of turning it around, (not sure how much turning they can do) they have to start now. These next two games are against bottom of the barrel D's !

If they aren't 2-3 two weeks from now......it's gonna be a looooong season for sure.

Blowing a game versus this depleted Steelers team would be, as my ol' man used to put it, looking a gift horse in the ass.  We have this positive narrative that we are a decent team that's just gotten unlucky and/or screwed over against some decent teams and that's possible, but the way I see it if we blow this one we are more likely to just be flat out bad.

Think of how many close losses we had in 2010, or how many close losses the Browns had when they went 0-16.  Teams that accumulate L's tend to lose in all manner of ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Blowing a game versus this depleted Steelers team would be, as my ol' man used to put it, looking a gift horse in the ass.  We have this positive narrative that we are a decent team that's just gotten unlucky and/or screwed over against some decent teams and that's possible, but the way I see it if we blow this one we are more likely to just be flat out bad.

Think of how many close losses we had in 2010, or how many close losses the Browns had when they went 0-16.  Teams that accumulate L's tend to lose in all manner of ways.

I agree. If we want any shot at being competitive, this is a game we cannot lose. 
Reply/Quote
Bills are the #1 Pass defense, are they not?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bills are the #1 Pass defense, are they not?

I haven't looked lately but coming into this week they were a top 5 overall defense I do believe ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I haven't looked lately but coming into this week they were a top 5 overall defense I do believe ?

After playing the might Pats, they are the number 2 defense in the NFL right now, behind the Pats. I started a thread about rankings.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Blowing a game versus this depleted Steelers team would be, as my ol' man used to put it, looking a gift horse in the ass.  We have this positive narrative that we are a decent team that's just gotten unlucky and/or screwed over against some decent teams and that's possible, but the way I see it if we blow this one we are more likely to just be flat out bad.

I'm optimistic for tonight, but it's in Pittsburgh.  Generally due to officiating we have to beat the Steelers by 10 on the field to win by 3 on the scoreboard.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, they shut down AD last week for the entire first half.
Andy Dalton
20/36
2-10

Tom Brady
18/39
0-0

This is not  an AD is remotely close to Tom Brady's talent.

I wouldn't say Brady is that bad. Wasn't Amendola out? and No Gronk replacement yet. so their Offense isn't quite humming like it normally does.  And BB addressed that by beefing up the D so that they can win that way until the offense is good again.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't say Brady is that bad. Wasn't Amendola out? and No Gronk replacement yet. so their Offense isn't quite humming like it normally does.  And BB addressed that by beefing up the D so that they can win that way until the offense is good again.

Amendola left Pats a couple of years ago. This same 2019 Pats team torched the Steelers defense without Gronk.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't say Brady is that bad. Wasn't Amendola out? and No Gronk replacement yet. so their Offense isn't quite humming like it normally does.  And BB addressed that by beefing up the D so that they can win that way until the offense is good again.

In theory, the NFL is designed for parity and even Tom Brady can have a bad game once in a blue moon.  Add in that it was a road division game (remember when the Jay Cutler-led Dolphins dominated Brady in Miami?  Of course no one does), too.

Every year in the first month or so of the season the Patriots lose a road division game (usually in Miami) and people declare Brady and the Patriots to be "done" and then they make the SB, so ehh who knows.

EDIT: and it just hit me that they didn't even lose this one.
Reply/Quote
Tonight is a must win if we are to do anything this season. The Steelers are at the bottom in D and O. Typically we would be the game that ythey turned their season around on. I would like to see that reverse.
Reply/Quote