Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Player retires...at halftime
Bills CB Vontae Davis apparently had enough humiliation and retired during halftime of today's game. Wow.....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I just read that. I don't think I have ever heard of someone retiring from the NFL in the middle of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'm gettin' too old for this shit. Eh, **** it. I'm gonna beat traffic and head home and watch RedZone. Good luck in the second half, fellas! Gonna snag me some of these Gatorades and...I'm a dot on the horizon. Woo-hoo!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Funny but can never respect that decision to be a quitter.

At least wait until after the games completion.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 06:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah, I just read that.  I don't think I have ever heard of someone retiring from the NFL in the middle of the game.

Yea thats nutz. 
But players have been fired at halftime and told to find their own way home. I wonder what team did that?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 09:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yea thats nutz. 
But players have been fired at halftime and told to find their own way home. I wonder what team did that?

Didn't the Reds do that to Eric Davis after the final game of the World Series or something like that.

Remember what's her face when the Umpire Sharie had a heart attack and died opening day say, "Why can't we continue the game"? I'm trying to remember her name.

But I've never heard of a player pull himself out of the second or even last game of any season and say, "I'm done, I retire" and take off...that's messed up, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure he's been mulling it over awhile.  Playing for Buffalo probably pushed it along a tad. 
Kind of surprised ,but it's not anything I'm going to get bent out of shape over.  Personally I wish I hadn't beaten my own body up over the years and I was paid a whole lot less. I've walked off jobs before too, but not to give up on millions of dollars .. I don't care a bit about the respect aspect . Teams ask players to sacrifice their bodies. They should be able to quit at any point, game or not. They're all replaceable. It's not as if nobody else wants to make a million bucks to play a game .
For that matter they could probably announce over the PA system , "Any fans wanna earn $50,000 for half a game? Sign up at the 'emergency player needed booth." 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:29 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Didn't the Reds do that to Eric Davis after the final game of the World Series or something like that.

Remember what's her face when the Umpire Sharie had a heart attack and died opening day say, "Why can't we continue the game"? I'm trying to remember her name.

But I've never heard of a player pull himself out of the second or even last game of any season and say, "I'm done, I retire" and take off...that's messed up, lol.

Davis tore his kidney diving for ball in the Series.  But not before hitting a first inning HR and making the team believers against a powerhouse A's team. 

Reds swept and won but Davis was still hospitalized. After he got out of hospital Marge wanted him to pay his own way home I believe.  What an insult ! 

He was never the same player again and was probably the best baseball player I watched play before that. Was my favorite anyway.  

Last time the Reds won Series too. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote