Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bills board is discussing the actual game
(01-03-2023, 07:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That pass didtn't seem dropped, appeared Beasley just wasn't tall enough to get to it.  Barely could get fingertips on it....?

Maybe I'm misremembering it, but I thought it hit both of his hands. Either way, their 2nd down play was blown up by, I believe, Hilton and then their 3rd down play was blown up by Hendrickson and a misfire by Allen.

Our offense was definitely performing much more clean football compared to theirs.
Reply/Quote
The game was going great, certainly. I think it's hard to do anything with that though, since neither team was likely out of their scripted plays by the time it stopped. Who knows where it goes when the proper football begins.
Reply/Quote
The offense was moving the ball at will and our best offensive weapon hadn't touched the ball yet. Granted if he doesn't get interfered with on the first play from scrimmage he may start the game with a touchdown. Joe had that look in his eye during warmups. It was gonna come down to if our Defense settled in and got stops. If so it could've been a fun night in WhoDeyVille.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe I'm misremembering it, but I thought it hit both of his hands. Either way, their 2nd down play was blown up by, I believe, Hilton and then their 3rd down play was blown up by Hendrickson and a misfire by Allen.

Our offense was definitely performing much more clean football compared to theirs.

You are correct it hit both his hands, not sure it was catchable for Beasely though.  Thats a TD for Tee.

[Image: 52605871430_eec6737090_m.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals offense was locked in and looking sharp. The defense bent pretty good but bowed up at the right time,

Thought overall the Bengals looked ready to roll.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
When the game is finally played, IF it's finally played, I'm a little concerned the Bengals won't come out with the same amount of fire. Burrow looked super focused, receivers were running great routs, Hurst was looking like a beast at TE.........last night, IMO, was meant for the Bengals.
With what the Bills are dealing with I'm not sure whether they will come out flat, still mentally spent on what happened, or on fire and focused with the mindset of playing the game for Hamlin.
The dynamics of the game have definitely changed.......not sure what to expect.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that touchdown pass to Boyd was spectacular

Joe had all the time in the world on that throw

Adeniji stoned his guy on that TD too,he was off to a solid start
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:20 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: When the game is finally played, IF it's finally played, I'm a little concerned the Bengals won't come out with the same amount of fire.  Burrow looked super focused, receivers were running great routs, Hurst was looking like a beast at TE.........last night, IMO, was meant for the Bengals.  
With what the Bills are dealing with I'm not sure whether they will come out flat, still mentally spent on what happened, or on fire and focused with the mindset of playing the game for Hamlin.
The dynamics of the game have definitely changed.......not sure what to expect.

All true.  But we have Burrow, who Josh Allen described as; "all business" and "a stone cold assassin".  I think we are mentally mature enough to handle it.

Reply/Quote
I thought we were getting ready to blow them out. At least our offense looked good. They were getting Mixon, Hurst & Boyd involved early, being aggressive. I really think we would have rolled them. Or it would have been one of those games where neither team has a punt. Just seemed like the offense was just zoned in.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are correct it hit both his hands, not sure it was catchable for Beasely though.  Thats a TD for Tee.

[Image: 52605871430_eec6737090_m.jpg]

Yep, just a little bit too high for Beasley to pull down
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, just a little bit too high for Beasley to pull down

Yeah, like Casear said that is a TD for Tee. A little high on the pass from Allen for Beasley.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I thought so too till the announcer said it was an easy throw no big deal. lol How they belittle anything we do is just the norm anymore.

No. He said "too easy" on TBs release and it wasn't in a derogatory way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, just a little bit too high for Beasley to pull down

so what is it... because 25 minutes ago in the other thread you said this was a dropped pass...

Looks like an inaccurate throw to me
Reply/Quote
Yall know how I feel about facing teams again in the playoffs.

If the seed was already locked up I honestly wouldnt have shown much of our playbook to them.

Im kinda glad we didnt play 4 quarters because if we see them again, we can whip out some new shit
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The bills were moving the ball well both running and throwing, when they got to red zone, I think they(network) posted their stats when there and it wasn't good if I remember correctly. Sure enough, we contained them to 3 pts. So it seems to be their achilles heel. Kinda like us being unable to score from 2 yrds out. it was likely going to be a high scoring game
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so what is it... because 25 minutes ago in the other thread you said this was a dropped pass...

Looks like an inaccurate throw to me

I'll tell you what it wasn't da, it wasn't a pass defended. He was wide open with no one between him and the end zone. But harp on semantics since that's all you have.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 09:48 PM)Housh Wrote: Yall know how I feel about facing teams again in the playoffs.

If the seed was already locked up I honestly wouldnt have shown much of our playbook to them.

Im kinda glad we didnt play 4 quarters because if we see them again, we can whip out some new shit

Felt like all of our splash plays on the first drive (with the exception of the schemed TD routes) were Joe just taking what the matchup dictated. That kind of action/reaction could just keep on rolling if they couldn’t pressure with 4
Reply/Quote
The Bills secondary is suspect, and they already had an injury there. I'm fairly confident with how well the line was playing that we were going to score pretty much at will. Our defense usually bucks up in the red zone, so the key would've been them not giving up explosive TDs. That's exactly what they accomplished on drive one. Bengals second drive looked like more of the same until the unfortunate play with Hamlin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Separate questions….do the stats from the game count for the individual players? How about for the team?

Players have incentives in their contracts that are based on these stats. So, it could/would/should have an impact on their paycheck.

As far as looking into the crystal ball, this game is not going to be restarted. There are no easy answers, but to restart this game would be too onerous. And, they aren’t going to play a whole new game sometime in the future (except in the playoffs), as postponing playoffs would affect the rest of the AFC.

Someone’s not going to like any of that, but at this juncture you gotta make lemonade out of lemons. Ravens get screwed (they now have no shot to take the North). Bengals get screwed (they now have no shot to get the #1 seed). Buffalo gets screwed. The only team that makes out in this is KC. That’s the way I see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:27 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Separate questions….do the stats from the game count for the individual players?  How about for the team?

Players have incentives in their contracts that are based on these stats.  So, it could/would/should have an impact on their paycheck.

As far as looking into the crystal ball, this game is not going to be restarted.  There are no easy answers, but to restart this game would be too onerous.  And, they aren’t going to play a whole new game sometime in the future (except in the playoffs), as postponing playoffs would affect the rest of the AFC.  

Someone’s not going to like any of that, but at this juncture you gotta make lemonade out of lemons.  Ravens get screwed (they now have no shot to take the North).  Bengals get screwed (they now have no shot to get the #1 seed).  Buffalo gets screwed.  The only team that makes out in this is KC.  That’s the way I see it.

Would imagine not if the game is canceled. Can't have stats from a game that wasn't counted
Reply/Quote