Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bills fan(s) wishing Bengals and Bengals fans good luck on Sunday
(02-12-2022, 08:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Appreciate it!!!! I always felt sorry for Bills and Vikings fans, but especially the Bills, four straight SB losses. I was kinda indifferent in the team though, because of Marv Levy's stunt leading into the AFCCG against us. That was bad enough, but when he claimed the no huddle as his own, that did it for me.

However, when the Bills fans flooded Andy Dalton's charity after that Baltimore game, my mind and heart changed. With such a classy gesture, I couldn't hate on their team anymore. The similarities you noted are straight up legit, but that move on your fanbase's part was just pure class and an awesome thing to see. Best wishes to Bills Mafia, and the Bills themselves....unless you're playing us. Wink I also like watching Allen play.

And moreover a lot of the media just ran with it like they'd never seen it before. "The Bills and this great new offense they've come up with"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And moreover a lot of the media just ran with it like they'd never seen it before. "The Bills and this great new offense they've come up with"

Right? "K-gun".....pppppfffftttt. "West Coast offense".... pppppfffftttt. And people wonder why Bengals fans hate the media. We never get credit for anything.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Thanks guys, really enjoyed reading the responses. I'm sure i'll be back in the future and look forward to it.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right? "K-gun".....pppppfffftttt. "West Coast offense".... pppppfffftttt. And people wonder why Bengals fans hate the media. We never get credit for anything.

Yeah, i agree. Such is life though. Enron partnered with blockbuster in 2000-2001 for the streaming video idea. So Netflix never came up with it, but executed the concept and got the glory and $$.

If it makes you feel any better, I was putting chicken fingers on my Pizza 5 years before pizza places started doing it, yet I work in factory and drive 2005 pontiac gran am.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right? "K-gun".....pppppfffftttt. "West Coast offense".... pppppfffftttt. And people wonder why Bengals fans hate the media. We never get credit for anything.

So true and the 49ers also took credit from us, we were doing the no huddle, hurry up Offense that the biased NFL was trying to 
take out of the game cause it was unfair to Defenses. Walsh was with the Bengals before he went to San Fran and they got credit.

Not us, never us. I WANT SOME CRED!!!Mad
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true and the 49ers also took credit from us, we were doing the no huddle, hurry up Offense that the biased NFL was trying to 
take out of the game cause it was unfair to Defenses. Walsh was with the Bengals before he went to San Fran and they got credit.

Not us, never us. I WANT SOME CRED!!!Mad

Levy was gonna have players fake injury to stop the no huddle in the 88 AFCCG. If not for Bob Trumpy getting wind of it in a pre- production meeting, he'd likely have gotten away with it too. Sammy shut that shit down real quick, lol.

Walsh took his "Ohio River Offense" to the Bay that he developed here for Virgil Carter (and ironically a backup QB named Sam Wyche). The name got changed....what a crock.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

The similarities between cities/teams are simple to understand:

1. Small Market team with a bully in the division they must contend with every year (Steelers and Ravens, to a lesser extent)
2. Fans that live and breathe football
3. Great local joints and food – I loved the few places I visited – Knockback Nats and O’Malleys in the Alley. I was forced to get Gold Star Chili cause Skyline was closed on Sundays for some reason ?
4. The pain of losing for different ways for so long. I’m still angry about the Bengals 2016 Playoff game against the Steelers.
5. Genuinely nice people – seriously – your tailgate was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed with open arms, and I played the biggest and most entertaining game of flip cup I’ve ever seen.
6. A climate where it can still be cold and depressing in April

This yahoo article that got to me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-ex-cris-collinsworth-110000621.html

I usually go to 1 away game every year but I might have to make an exception and go to 2 next year to see an Allen/Burrow face off.
Anyway, I’m talking too much. Again, I wish you good luck on Sunday. The Rams are not the villain usually found in the other side of these Superbowls, but very few people in LA care about the Rams and their “fans” assault visiting teams’ fans, so the heck with them. Go beat LA.
 As a big Buc fan, let me chime in here. Another small market team who were huge underdogs against Raiders and Chiefs and we beat them both and we dominated those games on all sides of the ball so ignore the noise, you didn't get there by accident. I'm rooting for you Big Time!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

Go beat LA.

My elder sister's entire family (children, etc.) became Bills fans. Sent me a Christmas card all wearing Bills jerseys.

My son has been to a number of Bill's games, as he lives in upstate New York. Was at the freezing one against the Patriots this year. Had tickets to the Bills/Bengals playoff game that never happened.

Amazing fan base. And I went through an entire Bills gameday thread on the Bengals/KC game and was amazed at the passion the posters showed for the Bengals. Warmed my heart.
Reply/Quote
My dad lived in Buffalo as a kid and his sister, my aunt stayed the rest of her life in Buffalo. I never really knew her, but Oh well...still family..
Anyway..when the Thiefs won we had to avenge it for Buffalo fans and put Ma Homes in her place and spare the rest of the world his ******* brother.. it's all good.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Gotta say, Bills-Bengals is a budding romance after the Bengals beat th eRavens to send the Bills into the playoffs a couple years ago and Bills fans thanked the Bengals by donating to Dalton's charity.

So, welcome, Billsguy.

I was at that game in Baltimore, unbelievably cold and I had second level seats.  People would all gather in the bathrooms just to have body heat make it a little warmer and get away from the wind.. Only time in my life I turned down a cold beer for hot chocolate.
Reply/Quote