Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills game might not be a gimme
(09-14-2015, 12:22 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I wish we were playing them later in the year. By then teams will have probably figured out Tyrod Taylor. For now he has the Kaepernick syndrome. Looks good because no one knows how to prepare for him. But once he's figured out, people will realize why he was a backup QB.

But that aside, that game will be tough. We can definitely handle it though.

Couldn't agree more. Same goes for him and every other "read option" qb that's the flavor of the week
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:20 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We haven't won in Buffalo since 1985. We have only beat the Bills once (2011) going back to 1989 (0-10). So yeah you're right.

Still, this team could be something special.
We beat them there in 2013.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We beat them there in 2013.

Because you were there.  ThumbsUp

You going this year?
Reply/Quote

I remember that game. We beat them in overtime. Bills were trying out a new QB too in Thad Lewis.

I feel they are probably better since then, but so are we.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:15 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Because you were there.  ThumbsUp

You going this year?

Indeed I was! ThumbsUp

And indeed I am! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:17 AM)Emphasis Wrote: I remember that game. We beat them in overtime. Bills were trying out a new QB too in Thad Lewis.

I feel they are probably better since then, but so are we.

Mhm. Game should've been overt at the beginning of the 4th, we were dominant on both lines.

Then Newman gives up a LONG TD pass. OT showed that we were the more dominant team and that it only went that far due to fluke.

3 and out, Tate has a great return, we center it and Nuge' won it.

I'm not worried about the game, but I'm also not checking it off as a gimme.
Reply/Quote
No one should have thought it was a gimme. Their DL is the best in the league
Reply/Quote

Bengals.com hasn't been updated with that bit of information and i forgot my bad.
http://www.bengals.com/team/all-time-results/bills.html

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:15 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Because you were there.  ThumbsUp

You going this year?

I started a thread a few days ago about organizing a get together at the Bills game: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:20 AM)eoxyod Wrote: To be fair, the Colts, as always, are built terribly. That team is garbage except for Luck, so if he isn't on, Colts lose

That narrative is so tired. TY Hilton, Andre Johson and Phillip Dorsett make up one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Gore is a good back. They have good TE's. They didn't allow many sacks last year. The defense was middle of the pack.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:04 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: Bills defense is good, the offense is whatever, Tyrod looks good now but i expect we will give him problems.

He gave us quite a bit of trouble a few years ago at PBS....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They are killing Indy

Yeah, the Bills will be tough this year.  It'll take Rex a couple years and a couple bad QB's drafted to sink that ship.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That narrative is so tired. TY Hilton, Andre Johson and Phillip Dorsett make up one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Gore is a good back. They have good TE's. They didn't allow many sacks last year. The defense was middle of the pack.

I'm a big proponent of the whole "the Bengals have some of the best weapons in the league" ordeal, but the Colts are one of the 2 or 3 teams that I believe are clearly ahead of us as of right now. I will never understand why some people say that the Colts are just Andrew Luck and a bunch of scrubs. Sure, T.Y. Hilton is probably a bit overrated because of his volume getting pumped up by Luck and the Colts offense, but they have 2 great TEs to go along with their 2 #1 receivers and Frank Gore. I like our guys because they're young AND good, but the Colts offense is nothing to sneeze at.

I remember when the Patriots lost their opener last year on the road, then won their next 2 but one of them was a very poor performance against Oakland. Then came the huge Chiefs blowout loss and 90% of the football world was certain they were done. I wonder what happened to those 2014 Patriots?

I'm not going to say the 2015 Colts are guaranteed a Super Bowl spot right now, but after seeing what great teams can do in the very recent past, I'm not going to write them off as "overrated" and such quite yet. We're not even 1 full week into the football year, this overrated nonsense is going to look silly if they end up one of the top teams in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Indy might be a bit overrated. Most were picking them to be a Super Bowl contender.

Lots of offense, but did nothing to help their defense.  Like the steelers, they are the 2005 Bengals. 

I'm hoping the Bengals balance on both sides of the ball is the difference. 
Reply/Quote

Hopefully, nobody ever thinks ANY game is a gimme...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That narrative is so tired. TY Hilton, Andre Johson and Phillip Dorsett make up one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Gore is a good back. They have good TE's. They didn't allow many sacks last year. The defense was middle of the pack.

I think Hilton was injured yesterday, and you might be being generous with "middle of the pack", even though that might be where they ranked statistically.  When you have those juggernaut offenses like Houston, Jacksonville, and the Titans on your schedule two times each, it might skew your numbers a bit.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did anyone see the Jacksonville highlights?  Bortles threw a pick 6 that was worse than you would usually find in a college game.  Stared right at the receiver, slowly winds up, delivers, and...pick 6.  I honestly think the DB had to slow his break a bit or he would have overrun the throw.  The Titans looked pretty damn good, though.  I'm not a fan of their team, but I am happy for Mariota. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm a big proponent of the whole "the Bengals have some of the best weapons in the league" ordeal, but the Colts are one of the 2 or 3 teams that I believe are clearly ahead of us as of right now. I will never understand why some people say that the Colts are just Andrew Luck and a bunch of scrubs. Sure, T.Y. Hilton is probably a bit overrated because of his volume getting pumped up by Luck and the Colts offense, but they have 2 great TEs to go along with their 2 #1 receivers and Frank Gore. I like our guys because they're young AND good, but the Colts offense is nothing to sneeze at.

I remember when the Patriots lost their opener last year on the road, then won their next 2 but one of them was a very poor performance against Oakland. Then came the huge Chiefs blowout loss and 90% of the football world was certain they were done. I wonder what happened to those 2014 Patriots?

I'm not going to say the 2015 Colts are guaranteed a Super Bowl spot right now, but after seeing what great teams can do in the very recent past, I'm not going to write them off as "overrated" and such quite yet. We're not even 1 full week into the football year, this overrated nonsense is going to look silly if they end up one of the top teams in the AFC.

Johnson didn't look like a #1 yesterday.  He looked old and slow and didn't go after the ball.  Even with the TEs Luck seemed glued to T.Y. until he went out with injury.   Gore was hardly even used by the OC and when he was he didn't look great.  The WR they took in the 1st round muffed a punt.  They should have used that pick to address their o-line.  

I'm not sold on this Colts team.  A healthy Bengals team beats them like we did in 2013.  They are too reliant on an aging offense and their defense isn't anything to write home about.  Colts are overrated.     
Reply/Quote

Who thought playing the Bills at Buffalo would be easy?

The last time we were there, we beat them in OT playing against their 3rd string QB.

They beat the Pats last year at Foxboro.
They have an elite defense.

We will have to play an outstanding game to beat them this year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:46 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Johnson didn't look like a #1 yesterday.  He looked old and slow and didn't go after the ball.  Even with the TEs Luck seemed glued to T.Y. until he went out with injury.   Gore was hardly even used by the OC and when he was he didn't look great.  The WR they took in the 1st round muffed a punt.  They should have used that pick to address their o-line.  

I'm not sold on this Colts team.  A healthy Bengals team beats them like we did in 2013.  They are too reliant on an aging offense and their defense isn't anything to write home about.  Colts are overrated.     

It looks that way after week 1.

There are a LOT of overreactions after week 1 every single year, this year will be no exception. I have no problem with people making predictions and whatnot, but I'll stay in the crowd that gives it more than 60 minutes of football against 1 single team to determine how underrated and overrated everybody is.

Eifert looks as good as advertised, but I'm still not 100% sold until I see him do it more than just once. A lot of teams/players looked really good/really bad early last year that ended up being the exact opposite by the end of the season.

Maybe the Colts are really good and the Bills are just even better at being really good, how crazy would that be? Buffalo Bills - St. Louis Rams Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:52 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It looks that way after week 1.

There are a LOT of overreactions after week 1 every single year, this year will be no exception. I have no problem with people making predictions and whatnot, but I'll stay in the crowd that gives it more than 60 minutes of football against 1 single team to determine how underrated and overrated everybody is.

Eifert looks as good as advertised, but I'm still not 100% sold until I see him do it more than just once. A lot of teams/players looked really good/really bad early last year that ended up being the exact opposite by the end of the season.

Maybe the Colts are really good and the Bills are just even better at being really good, how crazy would that be? Buffalo Bills - St. Louis Rams Super Bowl.

It's week 1.  They could come out and dominate the Jets next week.  Bengals could get smoked by the Chargers.  We shall see...
Reply/Quote